Passenger?

L. V. Lammert
Can seem to find anything in the archives, .. I just finished setting up a
Rails app under Passenger on a Linux box - pretty nice! We have a Rails
app running with Mongrel on 4.5, but I would really like to use an Apache
SSL session; never could get that working with mod_rewrite, however, when
we were trying last yeat.

Are other folks using Passenger w/apache2, or is there another option for
Apache 1.3?

        TIA,

        Lee

Re: Passenger?

joshua stein-3
> Can seem to find anything in the archives, .. I just finished setting up a
> Rails app under Passenger on a Linux box - pretty nice! We have a Rails
> app running with Mongrel on 4.5, but I would really like to use an Apache
> SSL session; never could get that working with mod_rewrite, however, when
> we were trying last yeat.
>
> Are other folks using Passenger w/apache2, or is there another option for
> Apache 1.3?

it doesn't work with apache:

http://code.google.com/p/phusion-passenger/issues/detail?id=88

supposedly it works with nginx, though.

Re: Passenger?

Jeremy Evans
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 12:35 PM, L. V. Lammert<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can seem to find anything in the archives, .. I just finished setting up a
> Rails app under Passenger on a Linux box - pretty nice! We have a Rails
> app running with Mongrel on 4.5, but I would really like to use an Apache
> SSL session; never could get that working with mod_rewrite, however, when
> we were trying last yeat.
>
> Are other folks using Passenger w/apache2, or is there another option for
> Apache 1.3?

I've tried out passenger on nginx, seems to work from my limited
testing.  The work in progress ports are at:

http://gitorious.org/openbsd-ports-wip/mainline/trees/master/www/ruby-passenger
http://gitorious.org/openbsd-ports-wip/mainline/trees/master/www/nginx

I'm sure Bernd would appreciate more testing.

Jeremy

Re: Passenger?

Francesco Vollero
L. V. Lammert ha scritto:

> Can seem to find anything in the archives, .. I just finished setting up a
> Rails app under Passenger on a Linux box - pretty nice! We have a Rails
> app running with Mongrel on 4.5, but I would really like to use an Apache
> SSL session; never could get that working with mod_rewrite, however, when
> we were trying last yeat.
>
> Are other folks using Passenger w/apache2, or is there another option for
> Apache 1.3?
>
> TIA,
>
> Lee

Hi Lee,
i use Rails in different environments, and on OpenBSD i use nginx+thin
and for speed is pretty impressive and they have a small footprint. I
just propose to check it out, if you need help, just ask :)
Nginx support SSL as well... and it is bsd licensed!

regards,
Francesco

Re: Passenger?

Wijnand Wiersma-4
Op 11 aug 2009, om 23:49 heeft Jeremy Evans het volgende geschreven:

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 12:35 PM, L. V. Lammert<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Can seem to find anything in the archives, .. I just finished
>> setting up a
>> Rails app under Passenger on a Linux box - pretty nice! We have a
>> Rails
>> app running with Mongrel on 4.5, but I would really like to use an
>> Apache
>> SSL session; never could get that working with mod_rewrite,
>> however, when
>> we were trying last yeat.
>>
>> Are other folks using Passenger w/apache2, or is there another
>> option for
>> Apache 1.3?
>
> I've tried out passenger on nginx, seems to work from my limited
> testing.  The work in progress ports are at:

Great, I will test this next month when I return from my holiday!
I would love to run this combination on OpenBSD.

Wijnand

Re: Passenger?

Mathieu Sauve-Frankel
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 02:49:50PM -0700, Jeremy Evans wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 12:35 PM, L. V. Lammert<[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Can seem to find anything in the archives, .. I just finished setting up a
> > Rails app under Passenger on a Linux box - pretty nice! We have a Rails
> > app running with Mongrel on 4.5, but I would really like to use an Apache
> > SSL session; never could get that working with mod_rewrite, however, when
> > we were trying last yeat.
> >
> > Are other folks using Passenger w/apache2, or is there another option for
> > Apache 1.3?
>
> I've tried out passenger on nginx, seems to work from my limited
> testing.  The work in progress ports are at:
>
> http://gitorious.org/openbsd-ports-wip/mainline/trees/master/www/ruby-passenger
> http://gitorious.org/openbsd-ports-wip/mainline/trees/master/www/nginx
>
> I'm sure Bernd would appreciate more testing.

nginx + passenger from WIP work fine with any ruby app using rack.
we would definitely love to hear some more testing reports, especially
on odd architectures.

we both have a huge amount of ruby stuff that is in the works and
were hoping to get more of this stuff in tree this cycle.

if you're interested in ruby stuff please help us out by cloning WIP
and contributing.

--
Mathieu Sauve-Frankel