Pass, gpg2, gpg

Lucas López
Hi everyone, I can not seem to find a solution to this.

I like https://www.passwordstore.org/ and I am so gratefull to have it in
OpenBSD as a package!

I can deduce pass command uses gpg2 command which in turn uses gpg command.
The issue is *gpg is always in batch mode*, so if I want to use pass, I
have to manually decrypt something directly using gpg2 (gpg2 -d bla ->
prompt for passphrase). This way pass is usable as one would expect.

Question: How to set gpg, gpg2 as interactive mode *by default*?

Thank you very much!

Lucas.
Kai

Re: Pass, gpg2, gpg

Kai
On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 04:33:36PM +0100, Lucas López wrote:

> I can deduce pass command uses gpg2 command which in turn uses gpg command.
> The issue is *gpg is always in batch mode*, so if I want to use pass, I
> have to manually decrypt something directly using gpg2 (gpg2 -d bla ->
> prompt for passphrase). This way pass is usable as one would expect.

In my understanding gpg and gpg2 are two different programs. Thus for
pass to work you need to setup your keys in gpg2 or import them from gpg.

For me pass and gpg2 worked out-of-the-box as expected.

Kai

Re: Pass, gpg2, gpg

David  Dahlberg
Am Freitag, den 07.12.2018, 16:33 +0100 schrieb Lucas López:

> I like https://www.passwordstore.org/ and I am so gratefull to have it
> in OpenBSD as a package!

Please do not ask questions that have nothing to do with OpenBSD in
misc@. If it is about the port itself, you may contact the maintainer
(which would be me in this case) or may use ports@.

But if the question is not at all OpenBSD related, you're better advised
to use the mailling list of the software itself:

That being said, of course I may answer your questions shortly via PM.

Cheers
David

Re: Pass, gpg2, gpg

Edd Barrett-3
On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 04:33:36PM +0100, Lucas López wrote:
> Question: How to set gpg, gpg2 as interactive mode *by default*?

I don't use passwordstore, but I do use gpg2 (gpg is a different program
entirely).

If you use gpg2, did you try manually setting a pinentry?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GnuPG#pinentry

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett