Packages for 6.6 mips64el missing from cdn.openbsd.org

Packages for 6.6 mips64el missing from cdn.openbsd.org

Xiyue Deng
Hi,

It looks like cdn.openbsd.org[1] doesn't sync the 6.6 packages for mips64el
from ftp.openbsd.org[2].

[1] http://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.6/packages/
[2] http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.6/packages/

Re: Packages for 6.6 mips64el missing from cdn.openbsd.org

Xiyue Deng
Xiyue Deng <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like cdn.openbsd.org[1] doesn't sync the 6.6 packages for mips64el
> from ftp.openbsd.org[2].
>
> [1] http://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.6/packages/
> [2] http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.6/packages/

Ping.

Re: Packages for 6.6 mips64el missing from cdn.openbsd.org

Stuart Henderson
On 2020-02-12, Xiyue Deng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> --=-=-=
>
> Xiyue Deng <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It looks like cdn.openbsd.org[1] doesn't sync the 6.6 packages for mips64el
>> from ftp.openbsd.org[2].
>>
>> [1] http://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.6/packages/
>> [2] http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.6/packages/
>
> Ping.
>
> --=-=-=
>
> --=-=-=--

cdn.openbsd.org is basically just a web cache, pointing at various different
origin servers in different places round the world, and it varies for different
directories.

See what you get in "Backend Name" from this, that will give a clue at which
origin server has the problem:

curl -I http://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.6/packages/

If it is one of the leaseweb ones (which is used as an origin server in some
places) then you also need to look at which of them it is, because the leaseweb
sites are 3rd-level mirrors and all sync from different 2nd-levels.

Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 2020-02-12, Xiyue Deng <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> --=-=-=
>>
>> Xiyue Deng <[hidden email]> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It looks like cdn.openbsd.org[1] doesn't sync the 6.6 packages for mips64el
>>> from ftp.openbsd.org[2].
>>>
>>> [1] http://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.6/packages/
>>> [2] http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.6/packages/
>>
>> Ping.
>>
>> --=-=-=
>>
>> --=-=-=--
>>

> cdn.openbsd.org is basically just a web cache, pointing at various different
> origin servers in different places round the world, and it varies for different
> directories.
>
> See what you get in "Backend Name" from this, that will give a clue at which
> origin server has the problem:
>
> curl -I http://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.6/packages/
>
> If it is one of the leaseweb ones (which is used as an origin server in some
> places) then you also need to look at which of them it is, because the leaseweb
> sites are 3rd-level mirrors and all sync from different 2nd-levels.
Thanks Stuart.  The output of the curl command is below for reference:

,----
| HTTP/1.1 200 OK
| Server: nginx/1.16.1
| Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 08:31:05 GMT
| Via: 1.1 varnish
| Age: 89
| Connection: keep-alive
`----

The good news is that the issue seems to have been fixed since my last
ping, so everything is good now.