Package update candidates

Bruno Carnazzi
   Hi misc,

When upgrading some packages with 'pkg_add -u', I sometimes see :
No need to update <uptodate_package>
and
Candidates for updating <package> -> <the_same_package_the_same_version>

What's the difference ?
Please notice that in first case, the package seems "ignored", and in
the second case, the package seems uninstalled and reinstalled in the
same version...

Best regards,

Bruno.

Re: Package update candidates

Marc Espie-2
On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 02:18:09PM +0400, Bruno Carnazzi wrote:

>   Hi misc,
>
> When upgrading some packages with 'pkg_add -u', I sometimes see :
> No need to update <uptodate_package>
> and
> Candidates for updating <package> -> <the_same_package_the_same_version>
>
> What's the difference ?
> Please notice that in first case, the package seems "ignored", and in
> the second case, the package seems uninstalled and reinstalled in the
> same version...

Dependencies it was built again have changed. For instance, newer shared
libraries.

You have to update these to a newer build so that eventually, you'll be
able to get rid of the old shared libraries...