PHP

Andrew Grillet
Do we no longer have a php package in 6.4?

Or will it come if I wait?

Is there a working port?

Re: PHP

Stuart Henderson
Ports is in poor shape for sparc64 - 6.4 is about a thousand packages short
due to a build failure in a common dependency.

The reality is that there weren't enough people running -current on sparc64
systems in the 6.3->6.4 release cycle to report back on failures in time to
fix them for release.

-current won't help at the moment either. I'm trying to improve the
situation but at the moment it's even worse before it hopefully gets better.

--
 Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.

On 28 October 2018 18:00:15 Andrew Grillet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do we no longer have a php package in 6.4?
>
> Or will it come if I wait?
>
> Is there a working port?

Re: PHP

Mike Tremaine
I upgraded from 6.2 -> 6.3-> 6.4  AND PHP from 6.2 seems to ok, not sure that helps.

[mgt@xray ~]$ which php
/usr/local/bin/php
[mgt@xray ~]$ php -i | head
phpinfo()
PHP Version => 5.6.34

[mgt@xray ~]$ uname -a
OpenBSD xray.stellarcore.net 6.4 GENERIC#6 sparc64

> On Oct 28, 2018, at 2:06 PM, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ports is in poor shape for sparc64 - 6.4 is about a thousand packages short due to a build failure in a common dependency.
>
> The reality is that there weren't enough people running -current on sparc64 systems in the 6.3->6.4 release cycle to report back on failures in time to fix them for release.
>
> -current won't help at the moment either. I'm trying to improve the situation but at the moment it's even worse before it hopefully gets better.
>
> --
> Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.
>
> On 28 October 2018 18:00:15 Andrew Grillet <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Do we no longer have a php package in 6.4?
>>
>> Or will it come if I wait?
>>
>> Is there a working port?

Re: PHP

Veraldi Riccardo
If I can do something to help I am willing to.
I have ultra 45 with openbsd 6.4

On Oct 28, 2018 at 2:06 PM, <Stuart Henderson<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Ports is in poor shape for sparc64 - 6.4 is about a thousand packages short

due to a build failure in a common dependency.

The reality is that there weren't enough people running -current on sparc64

systems in the 6.3->6.4 release cycle to report back on failures in time to

fix them for release.

-current won't help at the moment either. I'm trying to improve the

situation but at the moment it's even worse before it hopefully gets better.

--

 Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.

On 28 October 2018 18:00:15 Andrew Grillet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do we no longer have a php package in 6.4?

> Or will it come if I wait?

> Is there a working port?

Re: PHP

Dani / int16h
Seconded. I have a couple of T5120s available

Oct 28, 2018, 9:18 PM by [hidden email]:

> If I can do something to help I am willing to.
> I have ultra 45 with openbsd 6.4
>

> On Oct 28, 2018 at 2:06 PM, <Stuart Henderson<mailto:> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> >> wrote:
>

> Ports is in poor shape for sparc64 - 6.4 is about a thousand packages short
>
> due to a build failure in a common dependency.
>

> The reality is that there weren't enough people running -current on sparc64
>
> systems in the 6.3->6.4 release cycle to report back on failures in time to
>
> fix them for release.
>

> -current won't help at the moment either. I'm trying to improve the
>
> situation but at the moment it's even worse before it hopefully gets better.
>

> --
>
>  Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.
>

> On 28 October 2018 18:00:15 Andrew Grillet <> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> > wrote:
>

>> Do we no longer have a php package in 6.4?
>>

>> Or will it come if I wait?
>>

>> Is there a working port?

Re: PHP

Andrew Grillet
I am in the UK. I could loan a working V100 to someone here for 6 months*,
OR
make it available on line with dedicated public IP for 6 months OR
make a guest LDOM on a T1000 available with public IP for a couple of
months.

Machines here are on UPS and rarely down for more than a couple of hours in
6 months
but there is no SLA offered :-)

Alternatively, I am willing to undertake specific tests on the above
machines myself, and report
back. (Instructions might need to be fairly specific, and turn round time
might occasionally be
more than 2 days).

* This machine has been "stealthified" and is only 45dB, and draws under
40W. It has 250GB
HD, and 512MB RAM, but no rails or front panel. (Shove it down the back of
a desk or under
the bed). A COTS V100 runs >65dB and draws about 60W. The CDROM is not
reliable.
I normally Netboot it.

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 at 22:02, Dani / int16h <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Seconded. I have a couple of T5120s available
>
> Oct 28, 2018, 9:18 PM by [hidden email]:
>
> > If I can do something to help I am willing to.
> > I have ultra 45 with openbsd 6.4
> >

> > On Oct 28, 2018 at 2:06 PM, <Stuart Henderson<mailto:>
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> >> wrote:
> >

> > Ports is in poor shape for sparc64 - 6.4 is about a thousand packages
> short
> >
> > due to a build failure in a common dependency.
> >

> > The reality is that there weren't enough people running -current on
> sparc64
> >
> > systems in the 6.3->6.4 release cycle to report back on failures in time
> >
> > fix them for release.
> >

> > -current won't help at the moment either. I'm trying to improve the
> >
> > situation but at the moment it's even worse before it hopefully gets
> better.
> >

> > --
> >
> >  Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.
> >

> > On 28 October 2018 18:00:15 Andrew Grillet <> [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> > wrote:
> >

> >> Do we no longer have a php package in 6.4?
> >>

> >> Or will it come if I wait?
> >>

> >> Is there a working port?

Re: PHP

Andrew Grillet

It may do, I will look into it and report back.

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 at 21:15, Mike Tremaine <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I upgraded from 6.2 -> 6.3-> 6.4  AND PHP from 6.2 seems to ok, not sure
> that helps.
>
> [mgt@xray ~]$ which php
> /usr/local/bin/php
> [mgt@xray ~]$ php -i | head
> phpinfo()
> PHP Version => 5.6.34
>
> [mgt@xray ~]$ uname -a
> OpenBSD xray.stellarcore.net 6.4 GENERIC#6 sparc64
>

> On Oct 28, 2018, at 2:06 PM, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ports is in poor shape for sparc64 - 6.4 is about a thousand packages
> short due to a build failure in a common dependency.
>
> The reality is that there weren't enough people running -current on
> sparc64 systems in the 6.3->6.4 release cycle to report back on failures in
> time to fix them for release.
>
> -current won't help at the moment either. I'm trying to improve the
> situation but at the moment it's even worse before it hopefully gets better.
>
> --
> Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.
>
> On 28 October 2018 18:00:15 Andrew Grillet <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Do we no longer have a php package in 6.4?
>
> Or will it come if I wait?
>
> Is there a working port?

Re: PHP

Andrew Grillet
Thanks. Inspired by you I have upgraded a 6.3 installation to 6.4 and
confirm php is working with php-fpm, postgresql and mariadb.

All my hand written sites work fine, and at least one Wordpress site is
working. Three more guest ldoms to go!

I will have the resources to run -current in the new year.