PHP 5.3 on 4.9 (stable)

Devin Ceartas-2
I'm getting this error, which I would have thought would have been cleaned
up in the stable ports but doesn't seem to be. Has anyone else seen this or
know if this a simple error of not updating a check file somwhere:

Size does not match for /usr/ports/distfiles/php-5.3.5.tar.gz

Devin M. Ceartas, owner NacreData L.L.C.

Re: PHP 5.3 on 4.9 (stable)

Amit Kulkarni-5
mistakes happen. fix is to do make makesum?
gentle reminder: ports questions should go to ports@, not misc@

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Devin Ceartas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm getting this error, which I would have thought would have been cleaned
> up in the stable ports but doesn't seem to be. Has anyone else seen this or
> know if this a simple error of not updating a check file somwhere:
>
> Size does not match for /usr/ports/distfiles/php-5.3.5.tar.gz

> Devin M. Ceartas, owner NacreData L.L.C.

Re: PHP 5.3 on 4.9 (stable)

Thomas de Grivel-2
No, IIRC the mismatch is due to php website returning html page, fix is to
add the actual path (something with attic or museum in it) to
php/Makefile.inc, I can provide a patch soon if needed. You should probably
CC maintainer too, and direct such problems at ports@ instead of misc@
On 25 juil. 2011 22:30, "Amit Kulkarni" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> mistakes happen. fix is to do make makesum?
> gentle reminder: ports questions should go to ports@, not misc@
>
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Devin Ceartas <[hidden email]>
wrote:
>> I'm getting this error, which I would have thought would have been
cleaned
>> up in the stable ports but doesn't seem to be. Has anyone else seen this
or
>> know if this a simple error of not updating a check file somwhere:
>>
>> Size does not match for /usr/ports/distfiles/php-5.3.5.tar.gz

>> Devin M. Ceartas, owner NacreData L.L.C.

Re: PHP 5.3 on 4.9 (stable)

Devin Ceartas-2
OK, sorry to be off topic & thanks for help; will give it a try. -- devin

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Thomas de Grivel <[hidden email]>wrote:

> No, IIRC the mismatch is due to php website returning html page, fix is to
> add the actual path (something with attic or museum in it) to
> php/Makefile.inc, I can provide a patch soon if needed. You should probably
> CC maintainer too, and direct such problems at ports@ instead of misc@
> On 25 juil. 2011 22:30, "Amit Kulkarni" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > mistakes happen. fix is to do make makesum?
> > gentle reminder: ports questions should go to ports@, not misc@
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Devin Ceartas <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> I'm getting this error, which I would have thought would have been
> cleaned
> >> up in the stable ports but doesn't seem to be. Has anyone else seen this
> or
> >> know if this a simple error of not updating a check file somwhere:
> >>
> >> Size does not match for /usr/ports/distfiles/php-5.3.5.tar.gz
> >>
> >> --
> >> Devin M. Ceartas, owner NacreData L.L.C.

--
Devin M. Ceartas, owner NacreData L.L.C.
(919) 442-8899
AIM: nacredata
skype IM: nacredata

Re: PHP 5.3 on 4.9 (stable)

On 2011-07-25, Devin Ceartas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm getting this error, which I would have thought would have been cleaned
> up in the stable ports but doesn't seem to be. Has anyone else seen this or
> know if this a simple error of not updating a check file somwhere:
>
> Size does not match for /usr/ports/distfiles/php-5.3.5.tar.gz

php 5.3 is not in 4.9 / -stable.

Re: PHP 5.3 on 4.9 (stable)

vovka-2
On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 15:36, Devin Ceartas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm getting this error, which I would have thought would have been cleaned
> up in the stable ports but doesn't seem to be. Has anyone else seen this or
> know if this a simple error of not updating a check file somwhere:
>
> Size does not match for /usr/ports/distfiles/php-5.3.5.tar.gz
>

>>> snip  >>>

Your system is not in sync.
See  FAQ 15.4.1: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html#NoFun

"I'm getting all kinds of crazy errors. I just can't seem to get this ports
stuff working at all."
"It is very likely that you are using a system and ports tree which are not
in sync."

Re: PHP 5.3 on 4.9 (stable)

Devin Ceartas-2
How can I be out of sync if I just updated both the system and the ports
collection to stable from CD? I'm not upgrading or doing something else
which would lead to being out of sync.

I find /usr/ports/lang/php/5.3 as well as /usr/ports/lang/php/5.2 in the 4.9
stable ports tree
(cd /usr; cvs checkout -P -rOPENBSD_4_9 ports)

Now I'm confused

devin

--
Devin M. Ceartas, owner NacreData L.L.C.
(919) 442-8899
AIM: nacredata
skype IM: nacredata

Re: PHP 5.3 on 4.9 (stable)

LeviaComm Networks NOC
On 25-Jul-11 19:02, Devin Ceartas wrote:

> How can I be out of sync if I just updated both the system and the ports
> collection to stable from CD? I'm not upgrading or doing something else
> which would lead to being out of sync.
>
> I find /usr/ports/lang/php/5.3 as well as /usr/ports/lang/php/5.2 in the 4.9
> stable ports tree
> (cd /usr; cvs checkout -P -rOPENBSD_4_9 ports)
>
> Now I'm confused
>
> devin

The CD is the -release branch, not stable.  Also what is the exact path
you are using to grab the bits to ports?  Depending on where you are
getting them, the bits may be for -current, which is months ahead of
-release

Re: PHP 5.3 on 4.9 (stable)

Otto Moerbeek
On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 08:10:23PM -0700, LeviaComm Networks wrote:

> On 25-Jul-11 19:02, Devin Ceartas wrote:
> >How can I be out of sync if I just updated both the system and the ports
> >collection to stable from CD? I'm not upgrading or doing something else
> >which would lead to being out of sync.
> >
> >I find /usr/ports/lang/php/5.3 as well as /usr/ports/lang/php/5.2 in the 4.9
> >stable ports tree
> >(cd /usr; cvs checkout -P -rOPENBSD_4_9 ports)
> >
> >Now I'm confused
> >
> >devin
>
> The CD is the -release branch, not stable.  Also what is the exact
> path you are using to grab the bits to ports?  Depending on where
> you are getting them, the bits may be for -current, which is months
> ahead of -release

Yes, the 5.3 dir is in the tree of 4.9, but it is not linked to the
build.  Only in 5.0 it will be.

        -Otto

Re: PHP 5.3 on 4.9 (stable)

On 2011-07-26, Devin Ceartas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How can I be out of sync if I just updated both the system and the ports
> collection to stable from CD? I'm not upgrading or doing something else
> which would lead to being out of sync.
>
> I find /usr/ports/lang/php/5.3 as well as /usr/ports/lang/php/5.2 in the 4.9
> stable ports tree
> (cd /usr; cvs checkout -P -rOPENBSD_4_9 ports)
>
> Now I'm confused

Ah, I see what's going on - that's a work-in-progress port,
not linked to the build. The php port in 4.9 is in
/usr/ports/www/php5 and is for PHP 5.2.

Re: PHP 5.3 on 4.9 (stable)

Xavier MILLIES-LACROIX
The download file /usr/ports/distfiles/php-5.3.5.tar.gz is a html text file.
You can directly download a good one :

# cd /usr/ports/distfiles
# ftp http://museum.php.net/php5/php-5.3.5.tar.gz

You can look for good url in the "bad" php-5.3.5.tar.gz file.

This works for me.

Xavier.