PF - Getting Started docs suggestion

Jonathan Berger
On this page:
https://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/config.html

I would suggest changing:
> also manually activate and deactivate

also manually enable and disable

This would match the language in the man page and also help readers
understand the -e and -d flags.

Jonathan

Re: PF - Getting Started docs suggestion

Jason McIntyre-2
On Sun, Nov 05, 2017 at 12:11:57AM -0700, Jonathan Berger wrote:

> On this page:
> https://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/config.html
>
> I would suggest changing:
> > also manually activate and deactivate

> also manually enable and disable
>

> This would match the language in the man page and also help readers
> understand the -e and -d flags.
>
> Jonathan

hi.

i agree that "enable" and "disable" is a better choice. however there is
an issue with your proposal: the text after that you quote does say:

        These would enable and disable pf.

so the mnemonic is there. if we make your change there is duplication.
that suggests we need a small rewrite i guess. for example:

        You can also manually enable and disable PF by using the
        pfctl(8) options -e and -d, respectively.  Note that it doesn;t

however i'm loathe to touch html.

tj? tb?

jmc