PDF and PS viewers

Jan Stary
What do people use as a lightweight PDF and/or PS viewer?
I switched from xpdf to mupdf some time ago for pdf,
and still use gv for PS.

Would you recommed something else, light, not tied
to GNOME or KDE or some huge grraphic framework?

        Thank you

                Jan

Re: PDF and PS viewers

Solène Rapenne-2
Le 2017-12-07 21:37, Jan Stary a écrit :

> What do people use as a lightweight PDF and/or PS viewer?
> I switched from xpdf to mupdf some time ago for pdf,
> and still use gv for PS.
>
> Would you recommed something else, light, not tied
> to GNOME or KDE or some huge grraphic framework?
>
> Thank you
>
> Jan

Hi, mupdf is fine. Why do you want to change ?

Re: PDF and PS viewers

Landry Breuil-5
On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 09:37:05PM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:
> What do people use as a lightweight PDF and/or PS viewer?
> I switched from xpdf to mupdf some time ago for pdf,
> and still use gv for PS.
>
> Would you recommed something else, light, not tied
> to GNOME or KDE or some huge grraphic framework?

zathura can open both provided you install the corresponding plugin, and
for pdf you have the choice for poppler or mupdf rendering.

there's also apvlv (poppler) but last i looked it was a bit dormant.

Landry

Re: PDF and PS viewers

Marc Peters-3
On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 10:30:55PM +0100, Solène Rapenne wrote:
> Hi, mupdf is fine. Why do you want to change ?

What do you use for printing pdfs?

mutools are great. I like especially the "clean" to clean pdfs from known passwords.