Openrsync poll Hangup

Kevin Chadwick-4
Whilst getting current packages from the leaseweb mirror. I kept getting a stall
followed by poll:hangup with 6.5 openrsync -v -a --delete

Eventually all the packages download as it gets further each time.

I tried building the latest openrsync from the current src tree still on 6.5 but
I get the same issue.

If you want me to try a different mirror or anything then let me know. I can use
pkgd rsync without the priv sep otherwise for now.

Regards, Kc

Re: Openrsync poll Hangup

Hiltjo Posthuma
On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 02:44:47PM +0100, Kevin Chadwick wrote:

> Whilst getting current packages from the leaseweb mirror. I kept getting a stall
> followed by poll:hangup with 6.5 openrsync -v -a --delete
>
> Eventually all the packages download as it gets further each time.
>
> I tried building the latest openrsync from the current src tree still on 6.5 but
> I get the same issue.
>
> If you want me to try a different mirror or anything then let me know. I can use
> pkgd rsync without the priv sep otherwise for now.
>
> Regards, Kc

Hi,

In my testing I also saw a poll hangup error (using only local directories).  I
have not found the cause yet though, but will look at it and try to write some
patch.

It would be interesting to see the calls in the ktrace before this occurs.

--
Kind regards,
Hiltjo