OpenSMTPd maillist "compatible" manager Majordomo or what?

OpenSMTPd maillist "compatible" manager Majordomo or what?

Denis Lapshin-2
I have Sendmail + Majordomo setup which works for seven years excellent.
Now I'm trying to update that setup to OpenSMTP with keeping Majordomo
functionality for mail list management.

What do "the best" software to work with OpenSMTP? Any suggestions will
be helpful.

Denis

Re: OpenSMTPd maillist "compatible" manager Majordomo or what?

Kevin Chadwick-4
On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 18:59:45 +0300

> I have Sendmail + Majordomo setup which works for seven years
> excellent. Now I'm trying to update that setup to OpenSMTP with
> keeping Majordomo functionality for mail list management.
>
> What do "the best" software to work with OpenSMTP? Any suggestions
> will be helpful.
>
> Denis

I like http://ports.su/mail/mlmmj

Re: OpenSMTPd maillist "compatible" manager Majordomo or what?

Craig Skinner-3
Hi Denis,

The OpenSMTPd mailing lists are mlmmj powered.

http://www.OpenSMTPd.Org/list.html

Join OpenSMTPd's misc@ list and ask OpenSMTPd questions there.

Craig Skinner | http://linkd.in/yGqkv7

Re: OpenSMTPd maillist "compatible" manager Majordomo or what?

Kevin Chadwick-4
On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:38:43 +0000

> The OpenSMTPd mailing lists are mlmmj powered.
>
> http://www.OpenSMTPd.Org/list.html

I expect it is a good candidate for pledging too with it's individual
processes. I made a recent mental todo note on doing that, next time I
upgrade.

Re: OpenSMTPd maillist "compatible" manager Majordomo or what?

Allan Streib-2
Does mlmmj provide self-service-via-email? I could not quite tell from
their online man pages.

E.g. as a subscriber to a list, can I send an email to something like
[hidden email] to unsubscribe?

Allan

Re: OpenSMTPd maillist "compatible" manager Majordomo or what?

Zhang Huangbin-3

> On Mar 20, 2018, at 9:32 PM, Allan Streib <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Does mlmmj provide self-service-via-email? I could not quite tell from
> their online man pages.
>
> E.g. as a subscriber to a list, can I send an email to something like
> [hidden email] to unsubscribe?

Yes. Send an email to ‘[hidden email]’ will give you more details.

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: http://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).
Available on Telegram: https://t.me/iredmail

Re: OpenSMTPd maillist "compatible" manager Majordomo or what?

Todd C. Miller-2
On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 09:32:09 -0400, Allan Streib wrote:

> Does mlmmj provide self-service-via-email? I could not quite tell from
> their online man pages.
>
> E.g. as a subscriber to a list, can I send an email to something like
> [hidden email] to unsubscribe?

Yes.  The documentation is a bit sparse unfortunately.

 - todd

Re: OpenSMTPd maillist "compatible" manager Majordomo or what?

Edgar Pettijohn III-2

On Mar 20, 2018 11:35 AM, "Todd C. Miller" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 09:32:09 -0400, Allan Streib wrote:
>
> > Does mlmmj provide self-service-via-email? I could not quite tell from
> > their online man pages.
> >
> > E.g. as a subscriber to a list, can I send an email to something like
> > [hidden email] to unsubscribe?
>
> Yes.  The documentation is a bit sparse unfortunately.
>
> - todd

Looking at the README
http://mlmmj.org/docs/readme/

It looks like it would be fairly easy to set up. Looks like there are some nice features as far as custom headers/footers that are easy to add as well. I wish I needed a mailing list so I could try it out.

Re: OpenSMTPd maillist "compatible" manager Majordomo or what?

Gilles Chehade-7
On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 10:38:43AM +0000, Craig Skinner wrote:
> Hi Denis,
>
> The OpenSMTPd mailing lists are mlmmj powered.
>
> http://www.OpenSMTPd.Org/list.html
>
> Join OpenSMTPd's misc@ list and ask OpenSMTPd questions there.

mlmmj is a nice choice because it's simple and you can easily set it up
from within a ~/.forward file rather than /etc/mail/aliases which has a
huge security benefit.

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg

Re: OpenSMTPd maillist "compatible" manager Majordomo or what?

Denis Lapshin-2
Hi,

I set up mlmmj already. Thank you for recommendations. mlmmj seems to be
a really great program to manage mail lists for OpenSMTPD!

My question is how to add/remove mail list users by email commands like
Majordomo do?

For now I've done initial config for required list by command:

$ doas /usr/local/bin/mlmmj-make-ml -L $listname -s /var/spool/mlmmj -c
_smtpd

But mailing to $listname return "denied" from mlmmj because of user list
is absent.

Thanks for advice.

Denis

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 09:41:31 +0300 Denis wrote:
> ... how to add/remove mail list users by email commands ...?

Send emails to:-

See:-
http://www.OpenSMTPd.Org/list.html (actually join the misc@ list there!!)
http://mlmmj.org/lists (there is a discussion list there - join it!!! - see the archive!)