OpenBSD/socppc on RouterBoard RB600

Martin Kukac
Hello,

I hope this is the right list to post to, but I tested OpenBSD/socppc on
the RouterBoard RB600, the older non-A variant with just 64MB of RAM. It
works with no problems, I thouth it's a thing worth mentioning.

Thanks to all developers, if any of them is present here.

Martin

Re: OpenBSD/socppc on RouterBoard RB600

Dariusz Swiderski

> On 16.02.2016, at 14:53, Martin Kukac <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I hope this is the right list to post to, but I tested OpenBSD/socppc on the RouterBoard RB600, the older non-A variant with just 64MB of RAM. It works with no problems, I thouth it's a thing worth mentioning.
>
> Thanks to all developers, if any of them is present here.

Hi,

This is very interesting, can you tell me what firmware you have there? and what CF did you use for storage. I used to run into a lot
of problems with wd devices on those boards and abandoned all attempts.

greets
--
Maciej 'sfires' Swiderski
SysAdm | SecOff  | DS14145-RIPE        | DS11-6BONE

Re: OpenBSD/socppc on RouterBoard RB600

Martin Kukac
Hello,

here is the board info:

Board Info:

         Board type: 600
      Serial number: 160201FCF843
   Firmware version: 2.11
      CPU frequency: 400 MHz
        Memory size: 64 MB

and here is info about CF used:

Model: SanDisk SDCFH-512, Rev: FhCA0145, Serial #:     103420G0903J4720
Device type: ATAPI, removable
Cylinders: 993, heads: 16, sec/track: 63, total sectors: 1000944
Device capabilities:
Device supports the following standards:
ATA-9

It's just a small 512MB card, there is only a plain system for testing
purposes.

I hope this helps.

Martin