OpenBSD router / firewall / gateway device

OpenBSD router / firewall / gateway device

Greg Garrison-2
Hello,

I am interested how well the ARM platform is supported. Does anyone know
of a low cost dual ethernet arm board that I could use to build an
OpenBSD based router / gateway device? I'd be interested in hearing
experiences from the community. I don't care so much about wifi
capability I just want a very cheap board with two lan ports.  Wifi
would be an added bonus but not necessary for what I have in mind.

Thanks,

Greg

Re: OpenBSD router / firewall / gateway device

Usexy Nerd
https://beagleboard.org/x15

<https://beagleboard.org/static/images/BeagleBoard-X15.png>
What is BeagleBoard-X15?

BeagleBoard-X15 is the top performing, mainline Linux enabled, power-users’
dream board with a core tailored for every computing task and a highspeed
interface for every connectivity need. Give your algorithms room to stretch!
Processor: TI AM5728 2×1.5-GHz ARM® Cortex-A15
<http://www.ti.com/product/am5728>

   - 2GB DDR3 RAM
   - 4GB 8-bit eMMC on-board flash storage
   - 2D/3D graphics and video accelerators (GPUs)
   - 2×700-MHz C66 digital signal processors (DSPs)
   - 2×ARM Cortex-M4 microcontrollers (MCUs)
   - 4×32-bit programmable real-time units (PRUs)

Connectivity

   - 2×Gigabit Ethernet
   - 3×SuperSpeed USB 3.0 host
   - HighSpeed USB 2.0 client
   - eSATA (500mA)
   - full-size HDMI video output
   - microSD card slot
   - Stereo audio in and out
   - 4×60-pin headers with PCIe, LCD, mSATA
   - and much more... <http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoard-X15>

See quick start guide <https://beagleboard.org/x15-quick>

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 10:14 PM, Greg Garrison <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am interested how well the ARM platform is supported. Does anyone know
> of a low cost dual ethernet arm board that I could use to build an OpenBSD
> based router / gateway device? I'd be interested in hearing experiences
> from the community. I don't care so much about wifi capability I just want
> a very cheap board with two lan ports.  Wifi would be an added bonus but
> not necessary for what I have in mind.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Greg

Re: OpenBSD router / firewall / gateway device

trondd-2
On Tue, September 19, 2017 10:25 pm, Usexy Nerd wrote:

> https://beagleboard.org/x15
>
> <https://beagleboard.org/static/images/BeagleBoard-X15.png>
> What is BeagleBoard-X15?
>
> BeagleBoard-X15 is the top performing, mainline Linux enabled,
> power-usersâ**
> dream board with a core tailored for every computing task and a highspeed
> interface for every connectivity need. Give your algorithms room to
> stretch!
> Processor: TI AM5728 2Ã*1.5-GHz ARM® Cortex-A15
> <http://www.ti.com/product/am5728>
>
>    - 2GB DDR3 RAM
>    - 4GB 8-bit eMMC on-board flash storage
>    - 2D/3D graphics and video accelerators (GPUs)
>    - 2Ã*700-MHz C66 digital signal processors (DSPs)
>    - 2Ã*ARM Cortex-M4 microcontrollers (MCUs)
>    - 4Ã*32-bit programmable real-time units (PRUs)
>
> Connectivity
>
>    - 2Ã*Gigabit Ethernet
>    - 3Ã*SuperSpeed USB 3.0 host
>    - HighSpeed USB 2.0 client
>    - eSATA (500mA)
>    - full-size HDMI video output
>    - microSD card slot
>    - Stereo audio in and out
>    - 4Ã*60-pin headers with PCIe, LCD, mSATA
>    - and much more... <http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoard-X15>
>
> See quick start guide <https://beagleboard.org/x15-quick>
>

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 10:14 PM, Greg Garrison <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> I am interested how well the ARM platform is supported. Does anyone know
>> of a low cost dual ethernet arm board that I could use to build an
>> OpenBSD
>> based router / gateway device? I'd be interested in hearing experiences
>> from the community. I don't care so much about wifi capability I just
>> want
>> a very cheap board with two lan ports.  Wifi would be an added bonus but
>> not necessary for what I have in mind.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Greg

Why does everyone think they have to have ARM?  For the price of that X15,
I'd rather have an APU2.

(Sorry Usexy Nerd ;) for the direct reply, meant for this to go to the list)