OpenBSD on SBC?

Dan Lüdtke
Hi,

is there an OpenBSD-compatible SBC (Singe Board Computer) that comes close to
raspberryPi size-wise? I saw some x86-based SBCs on kickstarter a while ago,
but lost track of the projects and their OpenBSD compatibility.

I know so far:
- soekris
- pcengines

More?

Bonus points for working on-board wifi (hostapd).

Cheers,

Dan

Re: OpenBSD on SBC?

fwsoucy
On 2016.06.12, Dan L??dtke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there an OpenBSD-compatible SBC (Singe Board Computer) that comes close to
> raspberryPi size-wise? I saw some x86-based SBCs on kickstarter a while ago,
> but lost track of the projects and their OpenBSD compatibility.
>
> I know so far:
> - soekris
> - pcengines
>
> More?
>
> Bonus points for working on-board wifi (hostapd).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dan

There may be others but the first that comes to mind is the Beaglebone
Black which i hear is pretty well supported.

Re: OpenBSD on SBC?

L.R. D.S.

Re: OpenBSD on SBC?

Joel Wirāmu Pauling
I've been playing with the Lanner FW7525 - It's a Nice piece  of Kit. Can
be had for just under 400$ Depends on what your purposes are - but for
Firewall appliance it's pretty hard to beat at the moment.

On 12 June 2016 at 14:25, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There's some reports of Minnowboard Max working with OpenBSD:
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20150705061723/http://countersiege.com/2015/02/22/minnowboard_max_openbsd.html

Re: OpenBSD on SBC?

Roderick
On Sun, 12 Jun 2016, Dan Lüdtke wrote:

> is there an OpenBSD-compatible SBC (Singe Board Computer) that comes close to
> raspberryPi size-wise?

The interesting question is: OpenBSD on modern SoC (System on a Chip).

OpenBSD seems to work fine on Geode LX800 (I run it on Siemens Futro
A220 thin client).

But now we have whole computers on a stick (Intel, Lenovo).

I think, the future is for "consumers" the tablet computer, for
business powerfull servers and thin clients.

OpenBSD seems to be more an operating system for servers than for
embedded systems ...

Rodrigo.

Re: OpenBSD on SBC?

Francois Pussault-2

Hello,

Of course it is better featured for servers and stations, but it should work
fine on some SBC or some other small or specific hardwares like beaglbones
etc...

Cordialement
Francois Pussault
10 chemin de négo saoumos