OpenBSD mascotte

Francesco Vollero
Hi list,

i'm lookin around to get an OpenBSD Mascotte puppet (i dont know if it's
the right word) in Europe, some time ago i see it on OpenBSD website.
Someone can help me ???

thanks,

Francesco

Re: OpenBSD mascotte

Christian Weisgerber
raven <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i'm lookin around to get an OpenBSD Mascotte puppet (i dont know if it's
> the right word) in Europe, some time ago i see it on OpenBSD website.

https://https.openbsd.org/images/pluffy.jpg

There was a small production run of these Puffy plushies manufactured
by Steiner Plueschtiere (www.steiner-pluesch.de).  I think it was
Wilhelm Buehler who managed the whole project, and they were then
sold mostly through Wim Vandeputte.

I'm fairly certain they are not available anymore, and none of the
people originally involved are associated with OpenBSD any longer.

(I'm sure if somebody WANTED to, more of them could be made.  Somebody
would have to talk to Steiner, find out if they still have the
patterns on file, if not give them an old plushie as a template,
maybe go through a few prototypes, front a few thousand euros for
a hundred-unit or so production run, and then figure out how to
sell them.)

Re: OpenBSD mascotte

Martin Schröder
2010/7/25 Christian Weisgerber <[hidden email]>:
> patterns on file, if not give them an old plushie as a template,
> maybe go through a few prototypes, front a few thousand euros for
> a hundred-unit or so production run, and then figure out how to

Make that hundreds ; I'm sure Steiner will start with a dozen units.
And then somebody would have to sell them; Kernel Concepts
(http://shop.kernelconcepts.de/) would be a good idea, since OpenBSD
doesn't have booths at Linuxtag etc. anymore.

Best
   Martin

Re: OpenBSD mascotte

ropers

On 25 July 2010 22:54, Christian Weisgerber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://https.openbsd.org/images/pluffy.jpg
>
> There was a small production run of these Puffy plushies manufactured
> by Steiner Plueschtiere (www.steiner-pluesch.de).  I think it was
> Wilhelm Buehler who managed the whole project, and they were then
> sold mostly through Wim Vandeputte.
>
> I'm fairly certain they are not available anymore, and none of the
> people originally involved are associated with OpenBSD any longer.

I just found this via Google:

  http://www.linux-discount.de/Store/me19/ME19-A02-INT/de

It's possible that *maybe* these folks still have stock. It doesn't
say otherwise.

regards,
--ropers

Re: OpenBSD mascotte

Gaby vanhegan
On 25 Jul 2010, at 21:54, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> (I'm sure if somebody WANTED to, more of them could be made.  Somebody
> would have to talk to Steiner, find out if they still have the
> patterns on file, if not give them an old plushie as a template,
> maybe go through a few prototypes, front a few thousand euros for
> a hundred-unit or so production run, and then figure out how to
> sell them.)

If you just wanted a handful then you might be able to find somebody here who
would make them:

        http://etsy.com/

G.

--
Sent from my email program on my computer sitting on my desk in my house.
http://playr.co.uk/

Re: OpenBSD mascotte

Francesco Vollero
ropers ha scritto:

>> raven <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> i'm lookin around to get an OpenBSD Mascotte puppet (i dont know if it's
>>> the right word) in Europe, some time ago i see it on OpenBSD website.
>>>

> On 25 July 2010 22:54, Christian Weisgerber <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> https://https.openbsd.org/images/pluffy.jpg
>>
>> There was a small production run of these Puffy plushies manufactured
>> by Steiner Plueschtiere (www.steiner-pluesch.de).  I think it was
>> Wilhelm Buehler who managed the whole project, and they were then
>> sold mostly through Wim Vandeputte.
>>
>> I'm fairly certain they are not available anymore, and none of the
>> people originally involved are associated with OpenBSD any longer.

Thanks to everyone for the informations. Pluffy is what i was looking
for :) I was looking for Puffy maybe for that i did not get any
interesting result.
> I just found this via Google:
>
>   http://www.linux-discount.de/Store/me19/ME19-A02-INT/de
>
> It's possible that *maybe* these folks still have stock. It doesn't
> say otherwise.

Thanks ropers. Your link seems really interesting :P

-Francesco