OpenBSD/landisk on J-core/J2 based systems?

OpenBSD/landisk on J-core/J2 based systems?

Charles A Daniels
I'm curious to know if anyone involved with OpenBSD/landisk has any
comments on J-core[1]? It claims to implement SuperH and capability to
boot Linux on an FPGA.

To that end, has anyone tried booting OpenBSD/landisk on a J2 based
system?

One of my hobbies is obscure architectures, and OpenBSD/landisk seemed
like and interesting one; I stumbled across J-core while researching for
background on the SH-4 CPU. It seems like targeting (relatively) readily
available FPGA development boards would make SuperH compatible systems
much more accessible to those interested in the landisk port.

1 - http://j-core.org/

Re: OpenBSD/landisk on J-core/J2 based systems?

Jonathan Gray-11
On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 01:16:09PM -0500, Charles A Daniels wrote:

> I'm curious to know if anyone involved with OpenBSD/landisk has any
> comments on J-core[1]? It claims to implement SuperH and capability to
> boot Linux on an FPGA.
>
> To that end, has anyone tried booting OpenBSD/landisk on a J2 based
> system?
>
> One of my hobbies is obscure architectures, and OpenBSD/landisk seemed
> like and interesting one; I stumbled across J-core while researching for
> background on the SH-4 CPU. It seems like targeting (relatively) readily
> available FPGA development boards would make SuperH compatible systems
> much more accessible to those interested in the landisk port.
>
> 1 - http://j-core.org/

A MMU is required to run OpenBSD.