OpenBSD hosting in Hong Kong?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OpenBSD hosting in Hong Kong?

OpenBSD user-4
Hello,

I was wondering if there are any hosting companies
in Hong Kong offering OpenBSD dedicated servers?

Would be truly grateful for any replies!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenBSD hosting in Hong Kong?

Paul S.
Just buy a box with KVM/IPMI from any provider?

Why does it have to be OpenBSD centric?

On 4/17/2015 午前 10:41, OpenBSD user wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there are any hosting companies
> in Hong Kong offering OpenBSD dedicated servers?
>
> Would be truly grateful for any replies!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenBSD hosting in Hong Kong?

Adam Thompson
For the usual reasons - most VPS providers do not allow you to install
from arbitrary ISOs, and even fewer are willing to give you any
assistance at all with unsupported OSes.  ("You're only getting 1kbps?
Let's see... oh, you're running OpenBSD.  Have a nice day, bye.")
-Adam


On 04/17/2015 08:00 AM, Paul S. wrote:

> Just buy a box with KVM/IPMI from any provider?
>
> Why does it have to be OpenBSD centric?
>
> On 4/17/2015 午前 10:41, OpenBSD user wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was wondering if there are any hosting companies
>> in Hong Kong offering OpenBSD dedicated servers?
>>
>> Would be truly grateful for any replies!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenBSD hosting in Hong Kong?

Rick Hanson
In reply to this post by Paul S.
FWIW I have had an OpenBSD VPS with these dudes for about 6 months now.

https://www.vultr.com/

No downtime, no problems yet.  (Yeah, I know, it's not a lot of time.)  As
Paul said, they're not OpenBSD centric, but they allow you to install from
ISOs.  They have a web management interface, all SSD drives, snapshots,
data centers all over the globe, pricing, etc. all of which look a lot like
Digital Ocean BTW; but in addition to SSD, vultr has HDD (that's nice when
you need storage more than IO performance).

There are also a few smaller outfits that will probably give you really
good service too.  Keep your eyes open.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenBSD hosting in Hong Kong?

Edgar Pettijohn III-2
On Apr 18, 2015, at 6:39 PM, Rick Hanson wrote:

> FWIW I have had an OpenBSD VPS with these dudes for about 6 months now.
>
> https://www.vultr.com/
>
> No downtime, no problems yet.  (Yeah, I know, it's not a lot of time.)  As
> Paul said, they're not OpenBSD centric, but they allow you to install from
> ISOs.  They have a web management interface, all SSD drives, snapshots,
> data centers all over the globe, pricing, etc. all of which look a lot like
> Digital Ocean BTW; but in addition to SSD, vultr has HDD (that's nice when
> you need storage more than IO performance).
>
> There are also a few smaller outfits that will probably give you really
> good service too.  Keep your eyes open.
>

I've been using vultr.com for about a year now and no problems.