OpenBSD > 3.8 cannot find hard-drive on Alphaserver 1000 5/300

OpenBSD > 3.8 cannot find hard-drive on Alphaserver 1000 5/300

Andrew Thompson-15
Hi,

I recently acquired an alphaserver 1000 4/300 for next to nothing and
decided I wanted to build a secure machine out of it. I naturally turned
to OpenBSD. However, I cann't get any release of OpenBSD newer than 3.8
to detect the hard-drive on bootup. The netboot images don't see it and
I built a GENERIC 3.9 kernel and that doesn't see it either. Can anyone
advise me on what I should try to get more modern releases to detect the
hard-drive?

I've got the output from the serial console of me first booting 3.8
GENERIC, which comes up fine, and then 3.9 GENERIC which cannot find the
hard-drive (sd0). It's viewable online at
http://eagle.dmz/~andrew/as100-obsd-boot

Please let me know what other information I could provide to help
resolve this issue.

Andrew

Re: OpenBSD > 3.8 cannot find hard-drive on Alphaserver 1000 5/300

Andrew Thompson-15
On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 04:08:13PM -0400, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> It's viewable online at
> http://eagle.dmz/~andrew/as100-obsd-boot

Err, no it's not, that's the internal DNS... the real link is:
http://eagle.bsd.st/~andrew/as100-obsd-boot

Andrew