OpenBSD and GNOME problems

gop

OpenBSD and GNOME problems

gop
Hello

I have just install OpenBSD 6.4 plus Gnome as desktop. Yet I have 3 problems

(1) Upon each fresh log in the screen brightness is always in its highest
value (of course, during the session I can use the proper adjusters to
reduce the value, but it simply is not permanent).

(2) The mouse buttons can not change (thus, I can not have a mouse for the
left handed).

(3) The Firefox does not play any video from YouTube.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for his/her time.

Thank you

Sent from: http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/openbsd-dev-bugs-f183916.html

Re: OpenBSD and GNOME problems

Antoine Jacoutot-7
On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 04:30:41PM -0700, gop wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have just install OpenBSD 6.4 plus Gnome as desktop. Yet I have 3 problems
>
> (1) Upon each fresh log in the screen brightness is always in its highest
> value (of course, during the session I can use the proper adjusters to
> reduce the value, but it simply is not permanent).
>
> (2) The mouse buttons can not change (thus, I can not have a mouse for the
> left handed).

1 and 2 are probably related to our lack of udev or systemd or ...
You should be able to use standard X tools to change the mouse buttons.

> (3) The Firefox does not play any video from YouTube.

Did you read /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/firefox.
There might be some relevant information in there.

--
Antoine