OpenBSD PR #5239 and #5577

amarendra godbole
Hi,

I use OpenBSD 4.2-current on IBM ThinkPad X60, and face similar issue
mentioned in PRs' #5239, and #5577 - as soon as I insert a PCMCIA card
in the slot (mine is Sierra Wireless AirCard 555), the kernel panics.
This happens if I boot with the card in the slot, or if I insert the
card in the slot when the machine is up and running.

Links to these PRs' are:
http://cvs.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-wrapper?full=yes&numbers=5239
http://cvs.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-wrapper?full=yes&numbers=5577

Since these are not assigned to anyone, I'd like to enquire as to when
would they be fixed, and who would be the right person to contact for
these. As of now, I cannot use internet when booted into OpenBSD, so
have to switch back to Windows XP, which I don't really like.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Amarendra

Re: OpenBSD PR #5239 and #5577

Matt Rowley
> I use OpenBSD 4.2-current on IBM ThinkPad X60, and face similar issue
> mentioned in PRs' #5239, and #5577 - as soon as I insert a PCMCIA
> card in the slot (mine is Sierra Wireless AirCard 555), the kernel
> panics. This happens if I boot with the card in the slot, or if I
> insert the card in the slot when the machine is up and running.

I can confirm the same behavior on my T60p.  Inserting Cisco Aeronet 340
and 350 cards causes the kernel to panic.  If the card is in the slot
at boot, when the kernel gets to it in boot up, it panics, too.  I
haven't had a chance to record the trace / ps dumps yet...

Re: OpenBSD PR #5239 and #5577

Matthew Clarke-3
Matt Rowley wrote:

 > Amarendra Godbole wrote:
 >

>> I use OpenBSD 4.2-current on IBM ThinkPad X60, and face similar issue
>> mentioned in PRs' #5239, and #5577 - as soon as I insert a PCMCIA
>> card in the slot (mine is Sierra Wireless AirCard 555), the kernel
>> panics. This happens if I boot with the card in the slot, or if I
>> insert the card in the slot when the machine is up and running.
>
> I can confirm the same behavior on my T60p.  Inserting Cisco Aeronet 340
> and 350 cards causes the kernel to panic.  If the card is in the slot
> at boot, when the kernel gets to it in boot up, it panics, too.  I
> haven't had a chance to record the trace / ps dumps yet...

Also on my ThinkPad T60 on insertion of either an IBM PC Card analog
modem or a Megahertz PC Card analog modem and on removal of a Kyocera
KPC650 CDMA wireless modem PC Card.  PR kernel/5607.