OpenBSD 6.6: Installation process error

Mark Novem Grisola
Good day Sir,

I have tried to install(CD installer) OpenBSD6.6  on our server(IBM xSeries
336) but i've got errors. We will be using OpenBSD as our web server OS and
soon to our other windows based server also. Please help us solve these
errors. Attached images are the errors.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark Novem P. Grisola

20200507_164628.jpg (3M) Download Attachment
20200507_164646.jpg (4M) Download Attachment

Re: OpenBSD 6.6: Installation process error

Stefan Sperling-5
On Thu, May 07, 2020 at 05:12:04PM +0800, Mark Novem Grisola wrote:
> I have tried to install(CD installer) OpenBSD6.6  on our server(IBM xSeries
> 336) but i've got errors. We will be using OpenBSD as our web server OS and
> soon to our other windows based server also. Please help us solve these
> errors. Attached images are the errors.

There is nothing much anyone could to help based on these photos.
It looks like the machine is freezing, but it's entirely unclear why.

So these are just some shots in the dark:

A web search for this server model name some hits that describe freezes
with other operating systems, which were resolved after a BIOS upgrade.
Have you checked whether the machine's BIOS is up-to-date?

Another common issue with servers are caused by bad RAID controller batteries.
If applicable, make sure those aren't drained and in working order.

By the way, if you cannot include the information in your message which
is requested on this page: https://www.openbsd.org/report.html
then it is more appropriate to ask your question on the misc@ general
The bugs@ list is intended for detailed reports that contain enough
information to be acted upon by developers, not for high-level initial
triaging of problems.

Cheers,
Stefan

Re: OpenBSD 6.6: Installation process error

Solene Rapenne
Le Thu, 7 May 2020 17:12:04 +0800,
Mark Novem Grisola <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Good day Sir,
>
> I have tried to install(CD installer) OpenBSD6.6  on our server(IBM
> xSeries 336) but i've got errors. We will be using OpenBSD as our web
> server OS and soon to our other windows based server also. Please
> help us solve these errors. Attached images are the errors.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mark Novem P. Grisola

Hello,

In addition to Stefan Sperling mail, could you try the install CD of
last snapshot? Maybe that issue has been fixed since 6.6 release.