OpenBSD-6.5 Bytemark VM Freezes

Edd Barrett-3
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with my recently upgraded OpenBSD-6.5 virtual
machine hosted at Bytemark.

The VM freezes about once a week, requiring a hard reboot. During the
freezes, I can connect to bytemark's web-based VGA console thingy and
see the login prompt, but the system is not responsive to key-presses.

After a hard reboot, there's nothing in the logs to give clues, and
there are no kernel messages or ddb prmopt at the time of the freeze. I
appreciate that this is not a lot of info to go by :\

I spoke to reyk@ about this and he suggested it could be the new pvclock
driver, however the issue persists with this driver disabled.

The VM did not freeze prior to upgrading to OpenBSD-6.5 (i.e. it was
fine with 6.4).

As I recall, Bytemark qemu+kvm to host virtual machines.

I also posted on the Bytemark forum on th offchance that someone knows a
workaround, but I'm not holding my breath...
https://forum.bytemark.co.uk/t/openbsd-6-5-freezes/3067

Any ideas?

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

Re: OpenBSD-6.5 Bytemark VM Freezes

Edd Barrett-3
On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 11:10:39AM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> The VM freezes about once a week

Please disregard this bug report. It was a local issue, nothing to do
with OpenBSD :)

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett