OpenBSD 6.4 - PINE64 ROCK64 - Kernel crash at interrupt handler dwc_gmac_intr() when rebooting

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OpenBSD 6.4 - PINE64 ROCK64 - Kernel crash at interrupt handler dwc_gmac_intr() when rebooting

Johannes Krottmayer
Hi,

When I try to reboot the system, I get following at the
startup of the kernel:

---
Stopped at      dwc_gmac_intr+0xcc:
ddb{0}> trace
0 at 0xffffff8000706278
dwc_gmac_intr() at handle_el1h_irq+0x6c
handle_el1h_irq() at main+0x36c
main() at $x.2+0x70
ddb{0}>
---

When I power up the board or the press the reset button on
the PCB, OpenBSD 6.4 boots without a crash.

(Driver: /usr/src/sys/dev/ic/dwc_gmac.c)

Cannot provide a disassembly of this issue. Not
supported by GNU objdump.

--
Best regards,

Johannes K.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenBSD 6.4 - PINE64 ROCK64 - Kernel crash at interrupt handler dwc_gmac_intr() when rebooting

Johannes Krottmayer
Thank you for ignoring me. I would like to know
what I did. How have I been disgraced?

But I don't give up.

In other words:
How can I figure out and fix this issue for my own,
please?


On 07.02.19 at 00:22,  Johannes Krottmayer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I try to reboot the system, I get following at the
> startup of the kernel:
>
> ---
> Stopped at      dwc_gmac_intr+0xcc:
> ddb{0}> trace
> 0 at 0xffffff8000706278
> dwc_gmac_intr() at handle_el1h_irq+0x6c
> handle_el1h_irq() at main+0x36c
> main() at $x.2+0x70
> ddb{0}>
> ---
>
> When I power up the board or the press the reset button on
> the PCB, OpenBSD 6.4 boots without a crash.
>
> (Driver: /usr/src/sys/dev/ic/dwc_gmac.c)
>
> Cannot provide a disassembly of this issue. Not
> supported by GNU objdump.
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenBSD 6.4 - PINE64 ROCK64 - Kernel crash at interrupt handler dwc_gmac_intr() when rebooting

Fred-4
On 5/14/19 5:37 AM, Johannes Krottmayer wrote:

> Thank you for ignoring me. I would like to know
> what I did. How have I been disgraced?
>
> But I don't give up.
>
> In other words:
> How can I figure out and fix this issue for my own,
> please?
>
>
> On 07.02.19 at 00:22,  Johannes Krottmayer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I try to reboot the system, I get following at the
>> startup of the kernel:
>>
>> ---
>> Stopped at      dwc_gmac_intr+0xcc:
>> ddb{0}> trace
>> 0 at 0xffffff8000706278
>> dwc_gmac_intr() at handle_el1h_irq+0x6c
>> handle_el1h_irq() at main+0x36c
>> main() at $x.2+0x70
>> ddb{0}>
>> ---
>>
>> When I power up the board or the press the reset button on
>> the PCB, OpenBSD 6.4 boots without a crash.
>>
>> (Driver: /usr/src/sys/dev/ic/dwc_gmac.c)
>>
>> Cannot provide a disassembly of this issue. Not
>> supported by GNU objdump.
>>
>

Hi,

https://www.openbsd.org/ddb.html

Covers the info that the developers would require to be able to help.

I've not managed to get the serial console to work on my Rock64 so
currently its running Linux...

hth

Fred

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenBSD 6.4 - PINE64 ROCK64 - Kernel crash at interrupt handler dwc_gmac_intr() when rebooting

Johannes Krottmayer
On 14.05.19 at 08:00,  Fred wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> https://www.openbsd.org/ddb.html
>
> Covers the info that the developers would require to be able to help.
>

Okay, I will give another try. This time with screenshots of the serial
console. An I hope, I get more detailed output with ddb.

> I've not managed to get the serial console to work on my Rock64 so
> currently its running Linux...
>
> hth
>
> Fred
>

The serial console works on my Rock64. Have you tried another baud rate?
My version of U-Boot uses a baud rate of 1500000 bauds. But OpenBSD 6.4
uses 115200 baud.

The output with 115200 from the installer:
https://github.com/krjdev/rock64_openbsd/blob/master/images/openbsd_installer.png

On the screenshot are the first chars garbage, because at this time
it runs with 1500000 baud.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenBSD 6.4 - PINE64 ROCK64 - Kernel crash at interrupt handler dwc_gmac_intr() when rebooting

Stuart Henderson
In reply to this post by Johannes Krottmayer
This isn't the right mailing list to report problems, and it is not very
widely read. Please see https://www.openbsd.org/report.html and send to bugs@.

In your other mail you mentioned a screenshot, just copy and paste instead.

I haven't tried it but you may be able to use llvm-objdump (in the llvm
package) or aarch64-none-elf-objdump (in aarch64-none-elf-binutils).

Finally try 6.5 if you haven't already.

--
Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.

On 14 May 2019 05:37:35 Johannes Krottmayer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for ignoring me. I would like to know
> what I did. How have I been disgraced?
>
> But I don't give up.
>
> In other words:
> How can I figure out and fix this issue for my own,
> please?
>
>
> On 07.02.19 at 00:22,  Johannes Krottmayer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>
>> When I try to reboot the system, I get following at the
>> startup of the kernel:
>>
>>
>> ---
>> Stopped at      dwc_gmac_intr+0xcc:
>> ddb{0}> trace
>> 0 at 0xffffff8000706278
>> dwc_gmac_intr() at handle_el1h_irq+0x6c
>> handle_el1h_irq() at main+0x36c
>> main() at $x.2+0x70
>> ddb{0}>
>> ---
>>
>>
>> When I power up the board or the press the reset button on
>> the PCB, OpenBSD 6.4 boots without a crash.
>>
>>
>> (Driver: /usr/src/sys/dev/ic/dwc_gmac.c)
>>
>>
>> Cannot provide a disassembly of this issue. Not
>> supported by GNU objdump.



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenBSD 6.4 - PINE64 ROCK64 - Kernel crash at interrupt handler dwc_gmac_intr() when rebooting

Johannes Krottmayer

On 14.05.19 at 11:02,  Stuart Henderson wrote:
> This isn't the right mailing list to report problems, and it is not very
> widely read. Please see https://www.openbsd.org/report.html and send to bugs@.
>
> In your other mail you mentioned a screenshot, just copy and paste instead.
>
> I haven't tried it but you may be able to use llvm-objdump (in the llvm
> package) or aarch64-none-elf-objdump (in aarch64-none-elf-binutils).
>
> Finally try 6.5 if you haven't already.

Thank you! I report this issue as soon as possible.