OpenBGPd announce fulltables +default

Tom Smyth
Hello,
I notice that in the current manual
there is an option to  export none, default-route  with the
explanation below in the manual

export (none|default-route)If set to none, no UPDATE messages will be
sent to the neighbor. If set to default-route, only the default route
will be announced to the neighbor. When export is modified the
neighbor session needs to be reset to become active.

I was wondering is there an easy way to announce the default + full
tables for BGP customers who want to choose to migrate from default
routing to full table without contacting me ...

something inside me says it would be wrong to add 0.0.0.0/0 network
(although if memory serves me correctly previous versions of OpenBGPd
would politely decline to do that :) and filter the crap out of that
for upstream Transit and Peers (non Customers ) ...

--
Kindest regards,
Tom Smyth.

Re: OpenBGPd announce fulltables +default

Stuart Henderson
On 2020-06-22, Tom Smyth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I notice that in the current manual
> there is an option to  export none, default-route  with the
> explanation below in the manual
>
> export (none|default-route)If set to none, no UPDATE messages will be
> sent to the neighbor. If set to default-route, only the default route
> will be announced to the neighbor. When export is modified the
> neighbor session needs to be reset to become active.
>
> I was wondering is there an easy way to announce the default + full
> tables for BGP customers who want to choose to migrate from default
> routing to full table without contacting me ...
>
> something inside me says it would be wrong to add 0.0.0.0/0 network
> (although if memory serves me correctly previous versions of OpenBGPd
> would politely decline to do that :) and filter the crap out of that
> for upstream Transit and Peers (non Customers ) ...

Adding to networks is exactly how you do this.

For filters I would do this in a similar way to "mynetworks" in the
example config (with a different prefix-set and controlled by a
different community number) then you can enable/disable it easily
per peer. Don't filter it *out* though - default to not sending
anything and just permit it to the relevant peers.

Re: OpenBGPd announce fulltables +default

Tom Smyth
Thanks Stuart ... for the feedback

Appreciate it ...