OpenBGP: announcing network to different peers

OpenBGP: announcing network to different peers

Eduardo Meyer
Hello,

I have a /20 and I want a announce half of it to peer21 and the other
half to peer2 only. How am  I expected to do so? Using filters?

Can anyone please mention a working example?

--
===========
Eduardo Meyer
profissional: [hidden email]

Re: OpenBGP: announcing network to different peers

Pierre Lamy
It's really easy, you can send some of the 1's and 0s to peer 21, and
some 1's and 0's to peer2.

Assuming the halves are contiguous, you would probably announce 2x /21's.

You could also really try and be very specific and announce them as a
bunch of /32's, this would give you the granularity you are perhaps
looking for.

In the end, which of the above options you select is based on your
experience and mad skillz.

Pierre

Eduardo Meyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a /20 and I want a announce half of it to peer21 and the other
> half to peer2 only. How am  I expected to do so? Using filters?
>
> Can anyone please mention a working example?

Re: OpenBGP: announcing network to different peers

Claudio Jeker
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:27:42PM -0300, Eduardo Meyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a /20 and I want a announce half of it to peer21 and the other
> half to peer2 only. How am  I expected to do so? Using filters?
>
> Can anyone please mention a working example?

network a.b.c.d/21
network a.b.c.e/21

deny to peer21 prefix a.b.c.e/21
deny to peer2 prefix a.b.c.d/21

Something like this may work.

:wq Claudio

Re: OpenBGP: announcing network to different peers

Eduardo Meyer
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Claudio Jeker
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:27:42PM -0300, Eduardo Meyer wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a /20 and I want a announce half of it to peer21 and the other
>> half to peer2 only. How am  I expected to do so? Using filters?
>>
>> Can anyone please mention a working example?
>>

> network a.b.c.d/21
> network a.b.c.e/21
>
> deny to peer21 prefix a.b.c.e/21
> deny to peer2 prefix a.b.c.d/21
>
> Something like this may work.

Very good. I believed I had to deal with some complex stuff.

I will try that right now.
Tks Claudio and Pierre.

--
Eduardo Meyer