OpenBGP Communities manipulations

Sylvain COUTANT
Hello,

I'm trying to play around with OpenBGP 3.8 communities and I'd like to define several communities depending on the peers. When I set communities this way :

match to any set community x:10
match to any set community x:20

Only x:20 will be set. Each set statement wipes out previous communities. Is there a way to *add* a new community to the path without wiping previous ones ?

BTW, does someone have a complex community manipulation conf file to send me (in private) so I can learn tips from it ?

BR,

--
Sylvain COUTANT

ADVISEO
http://www.adviseo.fr/
http://www.open-sp.fr/

Re: OpenBGP Communities manipulations

Claudio Jeker
On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 04:06:42PM +0100, Sylvain Coutant wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to play around with OpenBGP 3.8 communities and I'd like to
> define several communities depending on the peers. When I set
> communities this way :
>
> match to any set community x:10 match to any set community x:20
>
> Only x:20 will be set. Each set statement wipes out previous
> communities. Is there a way to *add* a new community to the path without
> wiping previous ones ?
>
> BTW, does someone have a complex community manipulation conf file to
> send me (in private) so I can learn tips from it ?

There is a "feature" in 3.8 that let you only set one community per AS.
This is fixed in -current.

:wq Claudio

Re: OpenBGP Communities manipulations

Sylvain COUTANT
> There is a "feature" in 3.8 that let you only set one community per AS.
> This is fixed in -current.

OK.
BTW, how one could remove community tags ?

BR,

--
Sylvain COUTANT

ADVISEO
http://www.adviseo.fr/
http://www.open-sp.fr/

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 09:08:29PM +0100, Sylvain Coutant wrote:
> > There is a "feature" in 3.8 that let you only set one community per AS.
> > This is fixed in -current.
>
> OK.
> BTW, how one could remove community tags ?

Have a look at the cvs log:

-----
Implement "set community delete 65001:*" and friends. This will remove
communities from the path attributes. Useful to make sure that the ones
you set later are set by a (evil) peer.  OK henning@
-----

I did this one or two weeks ago but forgot to commit it because I was to
bus with other stuff. Thanks for the reminder that I should unslack for a
moment.

--
:wq Claudio