On this -lightly loaded- machine a second lasts two or three seconds

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

On this -lightly loaded- machine a second lasts two or three seconds

Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda-2
$ while sleep 1; do date; done
Tue Oct 28 04:34:04 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:34:06 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:34:08 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:34:11 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:34:13 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:34:15 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:34:17 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:34:20 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:34:22 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:34:24 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:34:26 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:34:28 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:34:31 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:34:33 CST 2014
^C
$

on another machine - the expected:

$ while sleep 1; do date; done
Tue Oct 28 04:36:34 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:36:35 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:36:36 CST 2014
Tue Oct 28 04:36:37 CST 2014
^C
$


$ top | head
load averages:  0.32,  0.35,  0.16    repo.neuroservices.com.mx 04:34:46
46 processes:  44 idle, 1 zombie, 1 on processor
CPU0 states:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.7% system,  0.0% interrupt, 99.3% idle
CPU1 states:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.0% system,  0.0% interrupt, 99.9% idle
CPU2 states:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.2% system,  0.0% interrupt, 99.8% idle
CPU3 states:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.1% system,  0.0% interrupt, 99.9% idle
Memory: Real: 23M/74M act/tot Free: 1905M Cache: 22M Swap: 0K/2303M

  PID USERNAME PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE     WAIT      TIME    CPU COMMAND
17912 root       2    0 1652K 1804K sleep/3   select    0:06  0.00% sendmail
$


This machine is also an ntp server:

$ cat /etc/ntpd.conf
# $OpenBSD: ntpd.conf,v 1.11 2009/05/18 16:13:48 stevesk Exp $
# sample ntpd configuration file, see ntpd.conf(5)

# Addresses to listen on (ntpd does not listen by default)
listen on *

# sync to a single server
#server ntp.example.org

# use a random selection of NTP Pool Time Servers
# see http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/NTPPoolServers
servers pool.ntp.org

# use a specific local timedelta sensor (radio clock, etc)
#sensor nmea0

# use all detected timedelta sensors
#sensor *
$

any ideas about how to further debug?

Thanks


dmesg:
OpenBSD 5.2 (GENERIC.MP) #368: Wed Aug  1 10:04:49 MDT 2012
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 2146172928 (2046MB)
avail mem = 2066731008 (1970MB)
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.4 @ 0xfa5b0 (48 entries)
bios0: vendor Dell Computer Corporation version "A05" date 10/04/2007
bios0: Dell Computer Corporation PowerEdge 860
acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
acpi0: sleep states S0 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP APIC SPCR HPET MCFG SLIC
acpi0: wakeup devices PCI0(S5) PES1(S5) PEP0(S5) PXHA(S5) PEP1(S5)
PEP2(S5) PCIS(S5)
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3210 @ 2.13GHz, 2133.68 MHz
cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,SSE3,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,NXE,LONG,LAHF
cpu0: 4MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu0: apic clock running at 586MHz
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
cpu1: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3210 @ 2.13GHz, 4693.46 MHz
cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,SSE3,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,NXE,LONG,LAHF
cpu1: 4MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu2 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
cpu2: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3210 @ 2.13GHz, 4693.46 MHz
cpu2: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,SSE3,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,NXE,LONG,LAHF
cpu2: 4MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu3 at mainbus0: apid 3 (application processor)
cpu3: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3210 @ 2.13GHz, 4693.46 MHz
cpu3: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,SSE3,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,NXE,LONG,LAHF
cpu3: 4MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 4 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
ioapic0: misconfigured as apic 0, remapped to apid 4
acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xf0000000, bus 0-63
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 1 (PES1)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 2 (PEP0)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus -1 (PXHA)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus 3 (PEP1)
acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus 4 (PEP2)
acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus 5 (PCIS)
acpicpu0 at acpi0
acpicpu1 at acpi0
acpicpu2 at acpi0
acpicpu3 at acpi0
ipmi at mainbus0 not configured
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel E7230 Host" rev 0x00
ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "Intel E7230 PCIE" rev 0x00: msi
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 82801GB PCIE" rev 0x01: msi
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
ppb2 at pci0 dev 28 function 4 "Intel 82801G PCIE" rev 0x01
pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
bge0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5721" rev 0x11, BCM5750 B1
(0x4101): apic 4 int 16, address 00:1d:09:f0:f9:83
brgphy0 at bge0 phy 1: BCM5750 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 0
ppb3 at pci0 dev 28 function 5 "Intel 82801G PCIE" rev 0x01
pci4 at ppb3 bus 4
bge1 at pci4 dev 0 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5721" rev 0x11, BCM5750 B1
(0x4101): apic 4 int 17, address 00:1d:09:f0:f9:84
brgphy1 at bge1 phy 1: BCM5750 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 0
uhci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 4 int 20
uhci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 1 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 4 int 21
uhci2 at pci0 dev 29 function 2 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 4 int 22
ehci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 7 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 4 int 20
usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
uhub0 at usb0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
ppb4 at pci0 dev 30 function 0 "Intel 82801BA Hub-to-PCI" rev 0xe1
pci5 at ppb4 bus 5
vga1 at pci5 dev 5 function 0 "ATI ES1000" rev 0x02
wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
radeondrm0 at vga1: apic 4 int 19
drm0 at radeondrm0
pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 82801GB LPC" rev 0x01
pciide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 1 "Intel 82801GB IDE" rev 0x01: DMA,
channel 0 configured to compatibility, channel 1 configured to
compatibility
atapiscsi0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0
scsibus0 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
cd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <HL-DT-ST, CD-ROM GCR-8240N, 1.10> ATAPI
5/cdrom removable
cd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2
pciide0: channel 1 ignored (disabled)
pciide1 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 82801GB SATA" rev 0x01: DMA,
channel 0 configured to native-PCI, channel 1 configured to native-PCI
pciide1: using apic 4 int 20 for native-PCI interrupt
wd0 at pciide1 channel 0 drive 0: <ST31000524AS>
wd0: 16-sector PIO, LBA48, 953869MB, 1953525168 sectors
wd0(pciide1:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 6
ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 82801GB SMBus" rev 0x01: polling
iic0 at ichiic0
adt0 at iic0 addr 0x2e: lm96000 rev 0x68
spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM non-parity PC2-6400CL5
usb1 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub1 at usb1 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb2 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub2 at usb2 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb3 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
uhub3 at usb3 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support
uhub4 at uhub0 port 3 "Cypress Semiconductor USB2 Hub" rev 2.00/0.0b addr 2
vscsi0 at root
scsibus1 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus2 at softraid0: 256 targets
root on wd0a (085f12a48ec9e972.a) swap on wd0b dump on wd0b

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: On this -lightly loaded- machine a second lasts two or three seconds

Otto Moerbeek
On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 04:42:55AM -0600, Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda wrote:

> $ while sleep 1; do date; done
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:04 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:06 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:08 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:11 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:13 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:15 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:17 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:20 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:22 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:24 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:26 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:28 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:31 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:33 CST 2014
> ^C
> $
>
> on another machine - the expected:
>
> $ while sleep 1; do date; done
> Tue Oct 28 04:36:34 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:36:35 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:36:36 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:36:37 CST 2014
> ^C
> $
>
>
> $ top | head
> load averages:  0.32,  0.35,  0.16    repo.neuroservices.com.mx 04:34:46
> 46 processes:  44 idle, 1 zombie, 1 on processor
> CPU0 states:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.7% system,  0.0% interrupt, 99.3% idle
> CPU1 states:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.0% system,  0.0% interrupt, 99.9% idle
> CPU2 states:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.2% system,  0.0% interrupt, 99.8% idle
> CPU3 states:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.1% system,  0.0% interrupt, 99.9% idle
> Memory: Real: 23M/74M act/tot Free: 1905M Cache: 22M Swap: 0K/2303M
>
>   PID USERNAME PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE     WAIT      TIME    CPU COMMAND
> 17912 root       2    0 1652K 1804K sleep/3   select    0:06  0.00% sendmail
> $
>
>
> This machine is also an ntp server:
>
> $ cat /etc/ntpd.conf
> # $OpenBSD: ntpd.conf,v 1.11 2009/05/18 16:13:48 stevesk Exp $
> # sample ntpd configuration file, see ntpd.conf(5)
>
> # Addresses to listen on (ntpd does not listen by default)
> listen on *
>
> # sync to a single server
> #server ntp.example.org
>
> # use a random selection of NTP Pool Time Servers
> # see http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/NTPPoolServers
> servers pool.ntp.org
>
> # use a specific local timedelta sensor (radio clock, etc)
> #sensor nmea0
>
> # use all detected timedelta sensors
> #sensor *
> $
>
> any ideas about how to further debug?
>
> Thanks
>
>
> dmesg:
> OpenBSD 5.2 (GENERIC.MP) #368: Wed Aug  1 10:04:49 MDT 2012

Unsupported, upgrade and check again.

        -Otto

>     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
> real mem = 2146172928 (2046MB)
> avail mem = 2066731008 (1970MB)
> mainbus0 at root
> bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.4 @ 0xfa5b0 (48 entries)
> bios0: vendor Dell Computer Corporation version "A05" date 10/04/2007
> bios0: Dell Computer Corporation PowerEdge 860
> acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
> acpi0: sleep states S0 S4 S5
> acpi0: tables DSDT FACP APIC SPCR HPET MCFG SLIC
> acpi0: wakeup devices PCI0(S5) PES1(S5) PEP0(S5) PXHA(S5) PEP1(S5)
> PEP2(S5) PCIS(S5)
> acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
> acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
> cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
> cpu0: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3210 @ 2.13GHz, 2133.68 MHz
> cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,SSE3,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,NXE,LONG,LAHF
> cpu0: 4MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
> cpu0: apic clock running at 586MHz
> cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
> cpu1: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3210 @ 2.13GHz, 4693.46 MHz
> cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,SSE3,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,NXE,LONG,LAHF
> cpu1: 4MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
> cpu2 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
> cpu2: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3210 @ 2.13GHz, 4693.46 MHz
> cpu2: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,SSE3,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,NXE,LONG,LAHF
> cpu2: 4MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
> cpu3 at mainbus0: apid 3 (application processor)
> cpu3: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3210 @ 2.13GHz, 4693.46 MHz
> cpu3: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,SSE3,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,NXE,LONG,LAHF
> cpu3: 4MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
> ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 4 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
> ioapic0: misconfigured as apic 0, remapped to apid 4
> acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
> acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xf0000000, bus 0-63
> acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
> acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 1 (PES1)
> acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 2 (PEP0)
> acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus -1 (PXHA)
> acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus 3 (PEP1)
> acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus 4 (PEP2)
> acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus 5 (PCIS)
> acpicpu0 at acpi0
> acpicpu1 at acpi0
> acpicpu2 at acpi0
> acpicpu3 at acpi0
> ipmi at mainbus0 not configured
> pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
> pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel E7230 Host" rev 0x00
> ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "Intel E7230 PCIE" rev 0x00: msi
> pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
> ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 82801GB PCIE" rev 0x01: msi
> pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
> ppb2 at pci0 dev 28 function 4 "Intel 82801G PCIE" rev 0x01
> pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
> bge0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5721" rev 0x11, BCM5750 B1
> (0x4101): apic 4 int 16, address 00:1d:09:f0:f9:83
> brgphy0 at bge0 phy 1: BCM5750 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 0
> ppb3 at pci0 dev 28 function 5 "Intel 82801G PCIE" rev 0x01
> pci4 at ppb3 bus 4
> bge1 at pci4 dev 0 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5721" rev 0x11, BCM5750 B1
> (0x4101): apic 4 int 17, address 00:1d:09:f0:f9:84
> brgphy1 at bge1 phy 1: BCM5750 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 0
> uhci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 4 int 20
> uhci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 1 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 4 int 21
> uhci2 at pci0 dev 29 function 2 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 4 int 22
> ehci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 7 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 4 int 20
> usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
> uhub0 at usb0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
> ppb4 at pci0 dev 30 function 0 "Intel 82801BA Hub-to-PCI" rev 0xe1
> pci5 at ppb4 bus 5
> vga1 at pci5 dev 5 function 0 "ATI ES1000" rev 0x02
> wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> radeondrm0 at vga1: apic 4 int 19
> drm0 at radeondrm0
> pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 82801GB LPC" rev 0x01
> pciide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 1 "Intel 82801GB IDE" rev 0x01: DMA,
> channel 0 configured to compatibility, channel 1 configured to
> compatibility
> atapiscsi0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0
> scsibus0 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
> cd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <HL-DT-ST, CD-ROM GCR-8240N, 1.10> ATAPI
> 5/cdrom removable
> cd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2
> pciide0: channel 1 ignored (disabled)
> pciide1 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 82801GB SATA" rev 0x01: DMA,
> channel 0 configured to native-PCI, channel 1 configured to native-PCI
> pciide1: using apic 4 int 20 for native-PCI interrupt
> wd0 at pciide1 channel 0 drive 0: <ST31000524AS>
> wd0: 16-sector PIO, LBA48, 953869MB, 1953525168 sectors
> wd0(pciide1:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 6
> ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 82801GB SMBus" rev 0x01: polling
> iic0 at ichiic0
> adt0 at iic0 addr 0x2e: lm96000 rev 0x68
> spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM non-parity PC2-6400CL5
> usb1 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
> uhub1 at usb1 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb2 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
> uhub2 at usb2 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb3 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
> uhub3 at usb3 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> isa0 at pcib0
> isadma0 at isa0
> com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
> pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
> spkr0 at pcppi0
> mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support
> uhub4 at uhub0 port 3 "Cypress Semiconductor USB2 Hub" rev 2.00/0.0b addr 2
> vscsi0 at root
> scsibus1 at vscsi0: 256 targets
> softraid0 at root
> scsibus2 at softraid0: 256 targets
> root on wd0a (085f12a48ec9e972.a) swap on wd0b dump on wd0b

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: On this -lightly loaded- machine a second lasts two or three seconds

Stuart Henderson-6
> > dmesg:
> > OpenBSD 5.2 (GENERIC.MP) #368: Wed Aug  1 10:04:49 MDT 2012
>
> Unsupported, upgrade and check again.
>
> -Otto

If there are still problems after upgrading, show output of
"sysctl kern.timecounter".

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: On this -lightly loaded- machine a second lasts two or three seconds

Ted Unangst-6
In reply to this post by Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda-2
On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 04:42, Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda wrote:
> $ while sleep 1; do date; done
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:04 CST 2014
> Tue Oct 28 04:34:06 CST 2014

> cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
> cpu0: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3210 @ 2.13GHz, 2133.68 MHz

One normal CPU.

> cpu0: apic clock running at 586MHz

One crazy fast apic.

> cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
> cpu1: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3210 @ 2.13GHz, 4693.46 MHz

One crazy fast CPU.

Upgrade to a version that has the apic latching bug fixed. Or reboot
until the apic is detected properly.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: On this -lightly loaded- machine a second lasts two or three seconds

Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda-2
On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Ted Unangst <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 04:42, Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda wrote:
>> $ while sleep 1; do date; done
>> Tue Oct 28 04:34:04 CST 2014
>> Tue Oct 28 04:34:06 CST 2014
>
>> cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
>> cpu0: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3210 @ 2.13GHz, 2133.68 MHz
>
> One normal CPU.
>
>> cpu0: apic clock running at 586MHz
>
> One crazy fast apic.
>
>> cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
>> cpu1: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3210 @ 2.13GHz, 4693.46 MHz
>
> One crazy fast CPU.
>
> Upgrade to a version that has the apic latching bug fixed. Or reboot
> until the apic is detected properly.

Will try to update after 5.6 is released :-)

Thanks to everyone