OT: OpenBSD on IBM/lenovo T42 or T43, Z series?

OT: OpenBSD on IBM/lenovo T42 or T43, Z series?

Subcommander l0r3zz
If anyone out there is running OpenBSD 3.8 or current with X-windows on any
of the above
could you let me know? I've searched the archives and the laptop pages and
don't see any mention
of these particular models. I'd like to make sure I can run OpenBSD before I
buy.

Re: OT: OpenBSD on IBM/lenovo T42 or T43, Z series?

Jan Johansson-6
Subcommander l0r3zz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If anyone out there is running OpenBSD 3.8 or current with
> X-windows on any of the above could you let me know? I've
> searched the archives and the laptop pages and don't see any
> mention of these particular models. I'd like to make sure I can
> run OpenBSD before I buy.

My findings regarding the Lenovo Z60m is on
http://openbsd.org/i386-laptop.html

Can you specify you question? If it is something special you are
woundering about I am sure I can try it for you.

Re: OT: OpenBSD on IBM/lenovo T42 or T43, Z series?

Jan Johansson-4
Jan Johansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My findings regarding the Lenovo Z60m is on
> http://openbsd.org/i386-laptop.html

Make that http://www.openbsd.org/i386-laptop.html (seems updates
are a bit slow).

> Can you specify you question? If it is something special you are
> woundering about I am sure I can try it for you.

Re: OT: OpenBSD on IBM/lenovo T42 or T43, Z series?

michael enoma aghayere
On 14/02/06, Subcommander l0r3zz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If anyone out there is running OpenBSD 3.8 or current with X-windows on any
> of the above
> could you let me know? I've searched the archives and the laptop pages and
> don't see any mention
> of these particular models. I'd like to make sure I can run OpenBSD before I
> buy.

OpenBSD 3.8 and current (12Feb Snapshot) both work fine on my Thinkpad T42P.
You shouldn't have any problems.

~michael

Re: OT: OpenBSD on IBM/lenovo T42 or T43, Z series?

ober-4
Ditto on the T42, it's internal ath0 works fine, as does X.

-Ober

Richard Chesler: [Reading a piece of paper] The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club?
Narrator: [Voice-over] I'm half asleep again; I must've left the original in the copy machine.
Richard Chesler: The second rule of Fight Club - is this yours?
Narrator: Huh?
Richard Chesler: Pretend you're me, make a managerial decision: you find this, what would you do?