No sound with ATI SBx00 HD Audio

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

No sound with ATI SBx00 HD Audio

Christiano F. Haesbaert
Hi there, I've no audio with the ATI SBx00 HD Audio.
Please note that I've 2 azalia.


==mixerctl -av==
inputs.dac-0:1=192,192
inputs.dac-2:3=126,126
inputs.dac-4:5=126,126
inputs.dac-6:7=192,192
record.adc-0:1_mute=off  [ off on ]
record.adc-0:1=125,125
record.adc-2:3_mute=off  [ off on ]
record.adc-2:3=125,125
inputs.mix_source=mic,mic2,line-in,hp,line  { mic mic2 line-in hp line }
inputs.mix_mic=120,120
inputs.mix_mic2=120,120
inputs.mix_line-in=120,120
inputs.mix_hp=120,120
inputs.mix_line=120,120
inputs.mix2_source=dac-0:1,mix  { dac-0:1 mix }
inputs.mix3_source=dac-2:3,mix  { dac-2:3 mix }
inputs.mix4_source=dac-4:5,mix  { dac-4:5 mix }
inputs.mix5_source=dac-6:7,mix  { dac-6:7 mix }
outputs.line_source=mix2  [ mix2 ]
outputs.line_mute=off  [ off on ]
outputs.line_dir=output  [ none output input ]
outputs.line_boost=off  [ off on ]
outputs.line_eapd=on  [ off on ]
outputs.mic_source=mix3  [ mix2 mix3 mix4 mix5 mix8 ]
outputs.mic_mute=off  [ off on ]
inputs.mic=85,85
outputs.mic_dir=input-vr80  [ none output input input-vr0 input-vr50 input-vr80
input-vr100 ]
outputs.mic2_source=mix8  [ mix2 mix3 mix4 mix5 mix8 ]
outputs.mic2_mute=off  [ off on ]
inputs.mic2=85,85
outputs.mic2_dir=input-vr80  [ none output input input-vr0 input-vr50 input-vr80
input-vr100 ]
outputs.mic2_boost=off  [ off on ]
outputs.line-in_source=mix4  [ mix2 mix3 mix4 mix5 mix8 ]
outputs.line-in_mute=off  [ off on ]
inputs.line-in=85,85
outputs.line-in_dir=input  [ none output input input-vr0 input-vr50 input-vr80
input-vr100 ]
outputs.hp_source=mix5  [ mix2 mix3 mix4 mix5 mix8 ]
outputs.hp_mute=off  [ off on ]
inputs.hp=85,85
outputs.hp_dir=output  [ none output input input-vr0 input-vr50 input-vr80
input-vr100 ]
outputs.hp_boost=off  [ off on ]
outputs.hp_eapd=on  [ off on ]
outputs.SPDIF_source=dig-dac-0:1  [ dig-dac-0:1 ]
record.adc-2:3_source=mic,mic2,line-in,hp,line,mix  { mic mic2 line-in hp line
mix }
record.adc-0:1_source=mic,mic2,line-in,hp,line,mix  { mic mic2 line-in hp line
mix }
inputs.dac-8:9=126,126
inputs.mix8_source=dac-8:9,mix  { dac-8:9 mix }
outputs.line_sense=plugged  [ unplugged plugged ]
outputs.mic_sense=unplugged  [ unplugged plugged ]
outputs.mic2_sense=unplugged  [ unplugged plugged ]
outputs.line-in_sense=unplugged  [ unplugged plugged ]
outputs.hp_sense=unplugged  [ unplugged plugged ]
outputs.master=255,255
outputs.master.mute=off  [ off on ]
outputs.master.slaves=dac-0:1,dac-6:7,line,hp  { dac-0:1 dac-2:3 dac-4:5 dac-6:7
line mic mic2 line-in hp dac-8:9 }
record.volume=125,125
record.volume.mute=off  [ off on ]
record.volume.slaves=adc-0:1,adc-2:3  { adc-0:1 adc-2:3 mic mic2 line-in hp }
outputs.mode=analog  [ analog digital ]



==audioctl -a==
name=HD-Audio
version=1.0
config=azalia1
encodings=slinear_le:16:2:1,slinear_le:20:4:1,slinear_le:24:4:1
properties=full_duplex,independent
full_duplex=0
fullduplex=0
blocksize=17536
hiwat=2
lowat=1
output_muted=0
monitor_gain=0
mode=play
play.rate=44100
play.sample_rate=44100
play.channels=2
play.precision=16
play.bps=2
play.msb=1
play.encoding=slinear_le
play.gain=255
play.balance=32
play.port=0x0
play.avail_ports=0x0
play.seek=35072
play.samples=87031168
play.eof=0
play.pause=0
play.error=0
play.waiting=0
play.open=1
play.active=1
play.buffer_size=65536
play.block_size=17536
play.errors=0
record.rate=48000
record.sample_rate=48000
record.channels=2
record.precision=16
record.bps=2
record.msb=1
record.encoding=slinear_le
record.gain=125
record.balance=32
record.port=0x0
record.avail_ports=0x0
record.seek=0
record.samples=0
record.eof=0
record.pause=0
record.error=0
record.waiting=0
record.open=0
record.active=0
record.buffer_size=65536
record.block_size=9600
record.errors=0



==pcidump -x==
Domain /dev/pci0:
 0:0:0: AMD RS880 Host
        0x0000: 96011022 22300006 06000000 00000000
        0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 96011022
        0x0030: 00000000 000000c4 00000000 00000000
 0:2:0: AMD RS780 PCIE
        0x0000: 96031022 00100107 06040000 00010010
        0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00010100 2000d1d1
        0x0020: feb0feb0 dff1d001 00000000 00000000
        0x0030: 00000000 00000050 00000000 001b010a
 0:7:0: AMD RS780 PCIE
        0x0000: 96071022 00100107 06040000 00010010
        0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00020200 2000e1e1
        0x0020: e1f0e000 fdf1fdf1 00000000 00000000
        0x0030: 00000000 00000050 00000000 0007010b
 0:17:0: ATI SBx00 SATA
        0x0000: 43901002 02300107 01060100 00004010
        0x0010: 0000c001 0000b001 0000a001 00009001
        0x0020: 00008001 feaffc00 00000000 37001565
        0x0030: 00000000 00000060 00000000 00000109
 0:18:0: ATI SB700 USB
        0x0000: 43971002 02a00106 0c031000 00804010
        0x0010: feafe000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
        0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000010a
 0:18:1: ATI SB700 USB
        0x0000: 43981002 02a00117 0c031000 00004010
        0x0010: feafd000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
        0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000010a
 0:18:2: ATI SB700 USB2
        0x0000: 43961002 02b00106 0c032000 00004010
        0x0010: feaff800 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
        0x0030: 00000000 000000c0 00000000 0000020b
 0:19:0: ATI SB700 USB
        0x0000: 43971002 02a00106 0c031000 00804010
        0x0010: feafc000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
        0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000010a
 0:19:1: ATI SB700 USB
        0x0000: 43981002 02a00117 0c031000 00004010
        0x0010: feafb000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
        0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000010a
 0:19:2: ATI SB700 USB2
        0x0000: 43961002 02b00106 0c032000 00004010
        0x0010: feaff400 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
        0x0030: 00000000 000000c0 00000000 0000020b
 0:20:0: ATI SBx00 SMBus
        0x0000: 43851002 02300403 0c05003c 00800000
        0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
        0x0030: 00000000 000000b0 00000000 00000000
 0:20:1: ATI SB700 IDE
        0x0000: 439c1002 02300005 01018a00 00000000
        0x0010: 00000001 00000001 00000001 00000001
        0x0020: 0000ff01 00000000 00000000 37001565
        0x0030: 00000000 00000070 00000000 00000100
 0:20:2: ATI SBx00 HD Audio
        0x0000: 43831002 04100006 04030000 00004010
        0x0010: feaf4004 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 82251565
        0x0030: 00000000 00000050 00000000 0000000a
 0:20:3: ATI SB700 ISA
        0x0000: 439d1002 0220000f 06010000 00800000
        0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
        0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
 0:20:4: ATI SB600 PCI
        0x0000: 43841002 02a00105 06040100 00814000
        0x0010: 00000000 00000000 40030300 228000f0
        0x0020: 0000fff0 0000fff0 00000000 00000000
        0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00070000
 0:20:5: ATI SB700 USB
        0x0000: 43991002 02a00106 0c031000 00004010
        0x0010: feafa000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
        0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000030a
 0:24:0: AMD AMD64 10h HyperTransport
        0x0000: 12001022 00100000 06000000 00800000
        0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0030: 00000000 00000080 00000000 00000000
 0:24:1: AMD AMD64 10h Address Map
        0x0000: 12011022 00000000 06000000 00800000
        0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
 0:24:2: AMD AMD64 10h DRAM Cfg
        0x0000: 12021022 00000000 06000000 00800000
        0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
 0:24:3: AMD AMD64 10h Misc Cfg
        0x0000: 12031022 00100000 06000000 00800000
        0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0030: 00000000 000000f0 00000000 00000000
 0:24:4: AMD AMD64 10h Link Cfg
        0x0000: 12041022 00000000 06000000 00800000
        0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
 1:0:0: ATI Radeon HD 5700
        0x0000: 68b81002 00100107 03000000 00800010
        0x0010: d000000c 00000000 febc0004 00000000
        0x0020: 0000d001 00000000 00000000 1482174b
        0x0030: feba0000 00000050 00000000 0000010a
 1:0:1: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Audio
        0x0000: aa581002 00100107 04030000 00800010
        0x0010: febf8004 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 aa58174b
        0x0030: 00000000 00000050 00000000 0000020b
 2:0:0: Realtek 8168
        0x0000: 816810ec 00100107 02000006 00000010
        0x0010: 0000e801 00000000 fdfff00c 00000000
        0x0020: fdff800c 00000000 00000000 230a1565
        0x0030: 00000000 00000040 00000000 0000010b


==dmesg==
OpenBSD 5.0-beta (GENERIC.MP) #41: Tue Jul 26 14:20:39 MDT 2011
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 4293591040 (4094MB)
avail mem = 4165177344 (3972MB)
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.6 @ 0x9f400 (54 entries)
bios0: vendor American Megatrends Inc. version "080015" date 05/24/2010
bios0: BIOSTAR Group TA880GB+
acpi0 at bios0: rev 0
acpi0: sleep states S0 S1 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP APIC MCFG OEMB SRAT HPET SSDT
acpi0: wakeup devices PCE3(S4) PCE4(S4) PCE5(S4) PCE6(S4) PCE9(S4) PCEA(S4)
PCEB(S4) PCEC(S4) SBAZ(S4) PS2K(S1) PS2M(S1) UAR1(S4) P0PC(S4) UHC1(S4) UHC2(S4)
UHC3(S4) USB4(S4) UHC5(S4) UHC6(S4) UHC7(S4) PCE2(S4) PCE7(S4) PWRB(S4)
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 32 bits
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400.77 MHz
cpu0:
FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT,SSE3,MWAIT,CX16,POPCNT,NXE,MMXX,FFXSR,LONG,3DNOW2,3DNOW
cpu0: 64KB 64b/line 2-way I-cache, 64KB 64b/line 2-way D-cache, 512KB 64b/line
16-way L2 cache
cpu0: ITLB 32 4KB entries fully associative, 16 4MB entries fully associative
cpu0: DTLB 48 4KB entries fully associative, 48 4MB entries fully associative
cpu0: apic clock running at 200MHz
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
cpu1: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400.21 MHz
cpu1:
FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT,SSE3,MWAIT,CX16,POPCNT,NXE,MMXX,FFXSR,LONG,3DNOW2,3DNOW
cpu1: 64KB 64b/line 2-way I-cache, 64KB 64b/line 2-way D-cache, 512KB 64b/line
16-way L2 cache
cpu1: ITLB 32 4KB entries fully associative, 16 4MB entries fully associative
cpu1: DTLB 48 4KB entries fully associative, 48 4MB entries fully associative
cpu2 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
cpu2: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400.21 MHz
cpu2:
FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT,SSE3,MWAIT,CX16,POPCNT,NXE,MMXX,FFXSR,LONG,3DNOW2,3DNOW
cpu2: 64KB 64b/line 2-way I-cache, 64KB 64b/line 2-way D-cache, 512KB 64b/line
16-way L2 cache
cpu2: ITLB 32 4KB entries fully associative, 16 4MB entries fully associative
cpu2: DTLB 48 4KB entries fully associative, 48 4MB entries fully associative
cpu3 at mainbus0: apid 3 (application processor)
cpu3: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400.21 MHz
cpu3:
FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT,SSE3,MWAIT,CX16,POPCNT,NXE,MMXX,FFXSR,LONG,3DNOW2,3DNOW
cpu3: 64KB 64b/line 2-way I-cache, 64KB 64b/line 2-way D-cache, 512KB 64b/line
16-way L2 cache
cpu3: ITLB 32 4KB entries fully associative, 16 4MB entries fully associative
cpu3: DTLB 48 4KB entries fully associative, 48 4MB entries fully associative
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 4 pa 0xfec00000, version 21, 24 pins
acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xe0000000, bus 0-255
acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318180 Hz
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus -1 (P0P1)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCE3)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCE4)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCE5)
acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCE6)
acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCE9)
acpiprt7 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCEA)
acpiprt8 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCEB)
acpiprt9 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCEC)
acpiprt10 at acpi0: bus 3 (P0PC)
acpiprt11 at acpi0: bus 1 (PCE2)
acpiprt12 at acpi0: bus 2 (PCE7)
acpicpu0 at acpi0: PSS
acpicpu1 at acpi0: PSS
acpicpu2 at acpi0: PSS
acpicpu3 at acpi0: PSS
acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 75 degC
acpibtn0 at acpi0: PWRB
cpu0: 3400 MHz: speeds: 3400 2700 2200 800 MHz
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "AMD RS880 Host" rev 0x00
ppb0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "AMD RS780 PCIE" rev 0x00: msi
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "ATI Radeon HD 5700" rev 0x00
wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
azalia0 at pci1 dev 0 function 1 "ATI Radeon HD 5700 Audio" rev 0x00: msi
azalia0: no supported codecs
ppb1 at pci0 dev 7 function 0 "AMD RS780 PCIE" rev 0x00: msi
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
re0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Realtek 8168" rev 0x06: RTL8168E/8111E (0x2c00),
apic 4 int 19, address 00:30:67:77:31:1f
rgephy0 at re0 phy 7: RTL8169S/8110S PHY, rev. 4
ahci0 at pci0 dev 17 function 0 "ATI SBx00 SATA" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 22, AHCI
1.1
scsibus0 at ahci0: 32 targets
sd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, ST3500418AS, CC38> SCSI3 0/direct fixed
naa.5000c5002cacbf9a
sd0: 476940MB, 512 bytes/sector, 976773168 sectors
ohci0 at pci0 dev 18 function 0 "ATI SB700 USB" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 16, version
1.0, legacy support
ohci1 at pci0 dev 18 function 1 "ATI SB700 USB" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 16, version
1.0, legacy support
ehci0 at pci0 dev 18 function 2 "ATI SB700 USB2" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 17
usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
uhub0 at usb0 "ATI EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
ohci2 at pci0 dev 19 function 0 "ATI SB700 USB" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 18, version
1.0, legacy support
ohci3 at pci0 dev 19 function 1 "ATI SB700 USB" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 18, version
1.0, legacy support
ehci1 at pci0 dev 19 function 2 "ATI SB700 USB2" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 19
usb1 at ehci1: USB revision 2.0
uhub1 at usb1 "ATI EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
piixpm0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0 "ATI SBx00 SMBus" rev 0x3c: SMI
iic0 at piixpm0
spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
spdmem1 at iic0 addr 0x51: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
pciide0 at pci0 dev 20 function 1 "ATI SB700 IDE" rev 0x00: DMA, channel 0
configured to compatibility, channel 1 configured to compatibility
azalia1 at pci0 dev 20 function 2 "ATI SBx00 HD Audio" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 16
azalia1: codecs: Realtek/0x0892
audio0 at azalia1
pcib0 at pci0 dev 20 function 3 "ATI SB700 ISA" rev 0x00
ppb2 at pci0 dev 20 function 4 "ATI SB600 PCI" rev 0x00
pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
ohci4 at pci0 dev 20 function 5 "ATI SB700 USB" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 18, version
1.0, legacy support
pchb1 at pci0 dev 24 function 0 "AMD AMD64 10h HyperTransport" rev 0x00
pchb2 at pci0 dev 24 function 1 "AMD AMD64 10h Address Map" rev 0x00
pchb3 at pci0 dev 24 function 2 "AMD AMD64 10h DRAM Cfg" rev 0x00
km0 at pci0 dev 24 function 3 "AMD AMD64 10h Misc Cfg" rev 0x00
pchb4 at pci0 dev 24 function 4 "AMD AMD64 10h Link Cfg" rev 0x00
usb2 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub2 at usb2 "ATI OHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb3 at ohci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub3 at usb3 "ATI OHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb4 at ohci2: USB revision 1.0
uhub4 at usb4 "ATI OHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb5 at ohci3: USB revision 1.0
uhub5 at usb5 "ATI OHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378/4 irq 7
it0 at isa0 port 0x2e/2: IT8721F rev 1, EC port 0xa10
usb6 at ohci4: USB revision 1.0
uhub6 at usb6 "ATI OHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support
uhidev0 at uhub2 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0 "Microsoft Microsoft
IntelliMouse\M-. Optical" rev 1.10/1.21 addr 2
uhidev0: iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev0: 5 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
uhidev1 at uhub4 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "vendor 0x3333 product
0x3333" rev 1.10/0.01 addr 2
uhidev1: iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev1: 8 modifier keys, 6 key codes
wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
uhidev2 at uhub4 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1 "vendor 0x3333 product
0x3333" rev 1.10/0.01 addr 2
uhidev2: iclass 3/1
ums1 at uhidev2: 5 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse1 at ums1 mux 0
vscsi0 at root
scsibus1 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus2 at softraid0: 256 targets
root on sd0a (39da591b2f6533ef.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b


--
Christiano Farina HAESBAERT
Do NOT send me html mail.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No sound with ATI SBx00 HD Audio

Christiano F. Haesbaert
Now I've noticed some popping sounds between which seem to alternate between
speakers, but still no sound.


On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:14:31AM -0300, Christiano F. Haesbaert wrote:

> Hi there, I've no audio with the ATI SBx00 HD Audio.
> Please note that I've 2 azalia.
>
>
> ==mixerctl -av==
> inputs.dac-0:1=192,192
> inputs.dac-2:3=126,126
> inputs.dac-4:5=126,126
> inputs.dac-6:7=192,192
> record.adc-0:1_mute=off  [ off on ]
> record.adc-0:1=125,125
> record.adc-2:3_mute=off  [ off on ]
> record.adc-2:3=125,125
> inputs.mix_source=mic,mic2,line-in,hp,line  { mic mic2 line-in hp line }
> inputs.mix_mic=120,120
> inputs.mix_mic2=120,120
> inputs.mix_line-in=120,120
> inputs.mix_hp=120,120
> inputs.mix_line=120,120
> inputs.mix2_source=dac-0:1,mix  { dac-0:1 mix }
> inputs.mix3_source=dac-2:3,mix  { dac-2:3 mix }
> inputs.mix4_source=dac-4:5,mix  { dac-4:5 mix }
> inputs.mix5_source=dac-6:7,mix  { dac-6:7 mix }
> outputs.line_source=mix2  [ mix2 ]
> outputs.line_mute=off  [ off on ]
> outputs.line_dir=output  [ none output input ]
> outputs.line_boost=off  [ off on ]
> outputs.line_eapd=on  [ off on ]
> outputs.mic_source=mix3  [ mix2 mix3 mix4 mix5 mix8 ]
> outputs.mic_mute=off  [ off on ]
> inputs.mic=85,85
> outputs.mic_dir=input-vr80  [ none output input input-vr0 input-vr50 input-vr80
> input-vr100 ]
> outputs.mic2_source=mix8  [ mix2 mix3 mix4 mix5 mix8 ]
> outputs.mic2_mute=off  [ off on ]
> inputs.mic2=85,85
> outputs.mic2_dir=input-vr80  [ none output input input-vr0 input-vr50 input-vr80
> input-vr100 ]
> outputs.mic2_boost=off  [ off on ]
> outputs.line-in_source=mix4  [ mix2 mix3 mix4 mix5 mix8 ]
> outputs.line-in_mute=off  [ off on ]
> inputs.line-in=85,85
> outputs.line-in_dir=input  [ none output input input-vr0 input-vr50 input-vr80
> input-vr100 ]
> outputs.hp_source=mix5  [ mix2 mix3 mix4 mix5 mix8 ]
> outputs.hp_mute=off  [ off on ]
> inputs.hp=85,85
> outputs.hp_dir=output  [ none output input input-vr0 input-vr50 input-vr80
> input-vr100 ]
> outputs.hp_boost=off  [ off on ]
> outputs.hp_eapd=on  [ off on ]
> outputs.SPDIF_source=dig-dac-0:1  [ dig-dac-0:1 ]
> record.adc-2:3_source=mic,mic2,line-in,hp,line,mix  { mic mic2 line-in hp line
> mix }
> record.adc-0:1_source=mic,mic2,line-in,hp,line,mix  { mic mic2 line-in hp line
> mix }
> inputs.dac-8:9=126,126
> inputs.mix8_source=dac-8:9,mix  { dac-8:9 mix }
> outputs.line_sense=plugged  [ unplugged plugged ]
> outputs.mic_sense=unplugged  [ unplugged plugged ]
> outputs.mic2_sense=unplugged  [ unplugged plugged ]
> outputs.line-in_sense=unplugged  [ unplugged plugged ]
> outputs.hp_sense=unplugged  [ unplugged plugged ]
> outputs.master=255,255
> outputs.master.mute=off  [ off on ]
> outputs.master.slaves=dac-0:1,dac-6:7,line,hp  { dac-0:1 dac-2:3 dac-4:5 dac-6:7
> line mic mic2 line-in hp dac-8:9 }
> record.volume=125,125
> record.volume.mute=off  [ off on ]
> record.volume.slaves=adc-0:1,adc-2:3  { adc-0:1 adc-2:3 mic mic2 line-in hp }
> outputs.mode=analog  [ analog digital ]
>
>
>
> ==audioctl -a==
> name=HD-Audio
> version=1.0
> config=azalia1
> encodings=slinear_le:16:2:1,slinear_le:20:4:1,slinear_le:24:4:1
> properties=full_duplex,independent
> full_duplex=0
> fullduplex=0
> blocksize=17536
> hiwat=2
> lowat=1
> output_muted=0
> monitor_gain=0
> mode=play
> play.rate=44100
> play.sample_rate=44100
> play.channels=2
> play.precision=16
> play.bps=2
> play.msb=1
> play.encoding=slinear_le
> play.gain=255
> play.balance=32
> play.port=0x0
> play.avail_ports=0x0
> play.seek=35072
> play.samples=87031168
> play.eof=0
> play.pause=0
> play.error=0
> play.waiting=0
> play.open=1
> play.active=1
> play.buffer_size=65536
> play.block_size=17536
> play.errors=0
> record.rate=48000
> record.sample_rate=48000
> record.channels=2
> record.precision=16
> record.bps=2
> record.msb=1
> record.encoding=slinear_le
> record.gain=125
> record.balance=32
> record.port=0x0
> record.avail_ports=0x0
> record.seek=0
> record.samples=0
> record.eof=0
> record.pause=0
> record.error=0
> record.waiting=0
> record.open=0
> record.active=0
> record.buffer_size=65536
> record.block_size=9600
> record.errors=0
>
>
>
> ==pcidump -x==
> Domain /dev/pci0:
>  0:0:0: AMD RS880 Host
>         0x0000: 96011022 22300006 06000000 00000000
>         0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 96011022
>         0x0030: 00000000 000000c4 00000000 00000000
>  0:2:0: AMD RS780 PCIE
>         0x0000: 96031022 00100107 06040000 00010010
>         0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00010100 2000d1d1
>         0x0020: feb0feb0 dff1d001 00000000 00000000
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000050 00000000 001b010a
>  0:7:0: AMD RS780 PCIE
>         0x0000: 96071022 00100107 06040000 00010010
>         0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00020200 2000e1e1
>         0x0020: e1f0e000 fdf1fdf1 00000000 00000000
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000050 00000000 0007010b
>  0:17:0: ATI SBx00 SATA
>         0x0000: 43901002 02300107 01060100 00004010
>         0x0010: 0000c001 0000b001 0000a001 00009001
>         0x0020: 00008001 feaffc00 00000000 37001565
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000060 00000000 00000109
>  0:18:0: ATI SB700 USB
>         0x0000: 43971002 02a00106 0c031000 00804010
>         0x0010: feafe000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000010a
>  0:18:1: ATI SB700 USB
>         0x0000: 43981002 02a00117 0c031000 00004010
>         0x0010: feafd000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000010a
>  0:18:2: ATI SB700 USB2
>         0x0000: 43961002 02b00106 0c032000 00004010
>         0x0010: feaff800 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
>         0x0030: 00000000 000000c0 00000000 0000020b
>  0:19:0: ATI SB700 USB
>         0x0000: 43971002 02a00106 0c031000 00804010
>         0x0010: feafc000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000010a
>  0:19:1: ATI SB700 USB
>         0x0000: 43981002 02a00117 0c031000 00004010
>         0x0010: feafb000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000010a
>  0:19:2: ATI SB700 USB2
>         0x0000: 43961002 02b00106 0c032000 00004010
>         0x0010: feaff400 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
>         0x0030: 00000000 000000c0 00000000 0000020b
>  0:20:0: ATI SBx00 SMBus
>         0x0000: 43851002 02300403 0c05003c 00800000
>         0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
>         0x0030: 00000000 000000b0 00000000 00000000
>  0:20:1: ATI SB700 IDE
>         0x0000: 439c1002 02300005 01018a00 00000000
>         0x0010: 00000001 00000001 00000001 00000001
>         0x0020: 0000ff01 00000000 00000000 37001565
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000070 00000000 00000100
>  0:20:2: ATI SBx00 HD Audio
>         0x0000: 43831002 04100006 04030000 00004010
>         0x0010: feaf4004 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 82251565
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000050 00000000 0000000a
>  0:20:3: ATI SB700 ISA
>         0x0000: 439d1002 0220000f 06010000 00800000
>         0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>  0:20:4: ATI SB600 PCI
>         0x0000: 43841002 02a00105 06040100 00814000
>         0x0010: 00000000 00000000 40030300 228000f0
>         0x0020: 0000fff0 0000fff0 00000000 00000000
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00070000
>  0:20:5: ATI SB700 USB
>         0x0000: 43991002 02a00106 0c031000 00004010
>         0x0010: feafa000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 37001565
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000030a
>  0:24:0: AMD AMD64 10h HyperTransport
>         0x0000: 12001022 00100000 06000000 00800000
>         0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000080 00000000 00000000
>  0:24:1: AMD AMD64 10h Address Map
>         0x0000: 12011022 00000000 06000000 00800000
>         0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>  0:24:2: AMD AMD64 10h DRAM Cfg
>         0x0000: 12021022 00000000 06000000 00800000
>         0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>  0:24:3: AMD AMD64 10h Misc Cfg
>         0x0000: 12031022 00100000 06000000 00800000
>         0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0030: 00000000 000000f0 00000000 00000000
>  0:24:4: AMD AMD64 10h Link Cfg
>         0x0000: 12041022 00000000 06000000 00800000
>         0x0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>  1:0:0: ATI Radeon HD 5700
>         0x0000: 68b81002 00100107 03000000 00800010
>         0x0010: d000000c 00000000 febc0004 00000000
>         0x0020: 0000d001 00000000 00000000 1482174b
>         0x0030: feba0000 00000050 00000000 0000010a
>  1:0:1: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Audio
>         0x0000: aa581002 00100107 04030000 00800010
>         0x0010: febf8004 00000000 00000000 00000000
>         0x0020: 00000000 00000000 00000000 aa58174b
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000050 00000000 0000020b
>  2:0:0: Realtek 8168
>         0x0000: 816810ec 00100107 02000006 00000010
>         0x0010: 0000e801 00000000 fdfff00c 00000000
>         0x0020: fdff800c 00000000 00000000 230a1565
>         0x0030: 00000000 00000040 00000000 0000010b
>
>
> ==dmesg==
> OpenBSD 5.0-beta (GENERIC.MP) #41: Tue Jul 26 14:20:39 MDT 2011
>     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
> real mem = 4293591040 (4094MB)
> avail mem = 4165177344 (3972MB)
> mainbus0 at root
> bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.6 @ 0x9f400 (54 entries)
> bios0: vendor American Megatrends Inc. version "080015" date 05/24/2010
> bios0: BIOSTAR Group TA880GB+
> acpi0 at bios0: rev 0
> acpi0: sleep states S0 S1 S4 S5
> acpi0: tables DSDT FACP APIC MCFG OEMB SRAT HPET SSDT
> acpi0: wakeup devices PCE3(S4) PCE4(S4) PCE5(S4) PCE6(S4) PCE9(S4) PCEA(S4)
> PCEB(S4) PCEC(S4) SBAZ(S4) PS2K(S1) PS2M(S1) UAR1(S4) P0PC(S4) UHC1(S4) UHC2(S4)
> UHC3(S4) USB4(S4) UHC5(S4) UHC6(S4) UHC7(S4) PCE2(S4) PCE7(S4) PWRB(S4)
> acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 32 bits
> acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
> cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
> cpu0: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400.77 MHz
> cpu0:
> FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT,SSE3,MWAIT,CX16,POPCNT,NXE,MMXX,FFXSR,LONG,3DNOW2,3DNOW
> cpu0: 64KB 64b/line 2-way I-cache, 64KB 64b/line 2-way D-cache, 512KB 64b/line
> 16-way L2 cache
> cpu0: ITLB 32 4KB entries fully associative, 16 4MB entries fully associative
> cpu0: DTLB 48 4KB entries fully associative, 48 4MB entries fully associative
> cpu0: apic clock running at 200MHz
> cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
> cpu1: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400.21 MHz
> cpu1:
> FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT,SSE3,MWAIT,CX16,POPCNT,NXE,MMXX,FFXSR,LONG,3DNOW2,3DNOW
> cpu1: 64KB 64b/line 2-way I-cache, 64KB 64b/line 2-way D-cache, 512KB 64b/line
> 16-way L2 cache
> cpu1: ITLB 32 4KB entries fully associative, 16 4MB entries fully associative
> cpu1: DTLB 48 4KB entries fully associative, 48 4MB entries fully associative
> cpu2 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
> cpu2: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400.21 MHz
> cpu2:
> FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT,SSE3,MWAIT,CX16,POPCNT,NXE,MMXX,FFXSR,LONG,3DNOW2,3DNOW
> cpu2: 64KB 64b/line 2-way I-cache, 64KB 64b/line 2-way D-cache, 512KB 64b/line
> 16-way L2 cache
> cpu2: ITLB 32 4KB entries fully associative, 16 4MB entries fully associative
> cpu2: DTLB 48 4KB entries fully associative, 48 4MB entries fully associative
> cpu3 at mainbus0: apid 3 (application processor)
> cpu3: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400.21 MHz
> cpu3:
> FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT,SSE3,MWAIT,CX16,POPCNT,NXE,MMXX,FFXSR,LONG,3DNOW2,3DNOW
> cpu3: 64KB 64b/line 2-way I-cache, 64KB 64b/line 2-way D-cache, 512KB 64b/line
> 16-way L2 cache
> cpu3: ITLB 32 4KB entries fully associative, 16 4MB entries fully associative
> cpu3: DTLB 48 4KB entries fully associative, 48 4MB entries fully associative
> ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 4 pa 0xfec00000, version 21, 24 pins
> acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xe0000000, bus 0-255
> acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318180 Hz
> acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
> acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus -1 (P0P1)
> acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCE3)
> acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCE4)
> acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCE5)
> acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCE6)
> acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCE9)
> acpiprt7 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCEA)
> acpiprt8 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCEB)
> acpiprt9 at acpi0: bus -1 (PCEC)
> acpiprt10 at acpi0: bus 3 (P0PC)
> acpiprt11 at acpi0: bus 1 (PCE2)
> acpiprt12 at acpi0: bus 2 (PCE7)
> acpicpu0 at acpi0: PSS
> acpicpu1 at acpi0: PSS
> acpicpu2 at acpi0: PSS
> acpicpu3 at acpi0: PSS
> acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 75 degC
> acpibtn0 at acpi0: PWRB
> cpu0: 3400 MHz: speeds: 3400 2700 2200 800 MHz
> pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
> pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "AMD RS880 Host" rev 0x00
> ppb0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "AMD RS780 PCIE" rev 0x00: msi
> pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
> vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "ATI Radeon HD 5700" rev 0x00
> wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> azalia0 at pci1 dev 0 function 1 "ATI Radeon HD 5700 Audio" rev 0x00: msi
> azalia0: no supported codecs
> ppb1 at pci0 dev 7 function 0 "AMD RS780 PCIE" rev 0x00: msi
> pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
> re0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Realtek 8168" rev 0x06: RTL8168E/8111E (0x2c00),
> apic 4 int 19, address 00:30:67:77:31:1f
> rgephy0 at re0 phy 7: RTL8169S/8110S PHY, rev. 4
> ahci0 at pci0 dev 17 function 0 "ATI SBx00 SATA" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 22, AHCI
> 1.1
> scsibus0 at ahci0: 32 targets
> sd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, ST3500418AS, CC38> SCSI3 0/direct fixed
> naa.5000c5002cacbf9a
> sd0: 476940MB, 512 bytes/sector, 976773168 sectors
> ohci0 at pci0 dev 18 function 0 "ATI SB700 USB" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 16, version
> 1.0, legacy support
> ohci1 at pci0 dev 18 function 1 "ATI SB700 USB" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 16, version
> 1.0, legacy support
> ehci0 at pci0 dev 18 function 2 "ATI SB700 USB2" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 17
> usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
> uhub0 at usb0 "ATI EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
> ohci2 at pci0 dev 19 function 0 "ATI SB700 USB" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 18, version
> 1.0, legacy support
> ohci3 at pci0 dev 19 function 1 "ATI SB700 USB" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 18, version
> 1.0, legacy support
> ehci1 at pci0 dev 19 function 2 "ATI SB700 USB2" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 19
> usb1 at ehci1: USB revision 2.0
> uhub1 at usb1 "ATI EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
> piixpm0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0 "ATI SBx00 SMBus" rev 0x3c: SMI
> iic0 at piixpm0
> spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
> spdmem1 at iic0 addr 0x51: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
> pciide0 at pci0 dev 20 function 1 "ATI SB700 IDE" rev 0x00: DMA, channel 0
> configured to compatibility, channel 1 configured to compatibility
> azalia1 at pci0 dev 20 function 2 "ATI SBx00 HD Audio" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 16
> azalia1: codecs: Realtek/0x0892
> audio0 at azalia1
> pcib0 at pci0 dev 20 function 3 "ATI SB700 ISA" rev 0x00
> ppb2 at pci0 dev 20 function 4 "ATI SB600 PCI" rev 0x00
> pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
> ohci4 at pci0 dev 20 function 5 "ATI SB700 USB" rev 0x00: apic 4 int 18, version
> 1.0, legacy support
> pchb1 at pci0 dev 24 function 0 "AMD AMD64 10h HyperTransport" rev 0x00
> pchb2 at pci0 dev 24 function 1 "AMD AMD64 10h Address Map" rev 0x00
> pchb3 at pci0 dev 24 function 2 "AMD AMD64 10h DRAM Cfg" rev 0x00
> km0 at pci0 dev 24 function 3 "AMD AMD64 10h Misc Cfg" rev 0x00
> pchb4 at pci0 dev 24 function 4 "AMD AMD64 10h Link Cfg" rev 0x00
> usb2 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
> uhub2 at usb2 "ATI OHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb3 at ohci1: USB revision 1.0
> uhub3 at usb3 "ATI OHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb4 at ohci2: USB revision 1.0
> uhub4 at usb4 "ATI OHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb5 at ohci3: USB revision 1.0
> uhub5 at usb5 "ATI OHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> isa0 at pcib0
> isadma0 at isa0
> com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
> pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
> spkr0 at pcppi0
> lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378/4 irq 7
> it0 at isa0 port 0x2e/2: IT8721F rev 1, EC port 0xa10
> usb6 at ohci4: USB revision 1.0
> uhub6 at usb6 "ATI OHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support
> uhidev0 at uhub2 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0 "Microsoft Microsoft
> IntelliMouse\M-. Optical" rev 1.10/1.21 addr 2
> uhidev0: iclass 3/1
> ums0 at uhidev0: 5 buttons, Z dir
> wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
> uhidev1 at uhub4 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "vendor 0x3333 product
> 0x3333" rev 1.10/0.01 addr 2
> uhidev1: iclass 3/1
> ukbd0 at uhidev1: 8 modifier keys, 6 key codes
> wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
> wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
> uhidev2 at uhub4 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1 "vendor 0x3333 product
> 0x3333" rev 1.10/0.01 addr 2
> uhidev2: iclass 3/1
> ums1 at uhidev2: 5 buttons, Z dir
> wsmouse1 at ums1 mux 0
> vscsi0 at root
> scsibus1 at vscsi0: 256 targets
> softraid0 at root
> scsibus2 at softraid0: 256 targets
> root on sd0a (39da591b2f6533ef.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b
>
>
> --
> Christiano Farina HAESBAERT
> Do NOT send me html mail.

--
Christiano Farina HAESBAERT
Do NOT send me html mail.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No sound with ATI SBx00 HD Audio

Christiano F. Haesbaert
I found out the datasheet for 0x4383

http://developer.amd.com/assets/43009_sb7xx_rrg_pub_1.00.pdf

I've no knowledge of PCI to debug it though.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No sound with ATI SBx00 HD Audio

Nigel Taylor-3
On 07/27/11 21:42, Christiano F. Haesbaert wrote:
> I found out the datasheet for 0x4383
>
> http://developer.amd.com/assets/43009_sb7xx_rrg_pub_1.00.pdf
>
> I've no knowledge of PCI to debug it though.
>
>
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H based on the same chip set, the sound
works. But I used the HD 4250 internal graphics/audio, I don't have any
extra graphics card, from the dmesg you appear to have a HD 5700 card
and HD 5700 audio.

Extract from ny dmesg ..
vga1 at pci1 dev 5 function 0 "ATI Radeon HD 4250" rev 0x00
wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
azalia0 at pci1 dev 5 function 1 "ATI Radeon HD 4200 HD Audio" rev 0x00: msi
azalia0: no supported codecs
...
azalia1 at pci0 dev 20 function 2 "ATI SBx00 HD Audio" rev 0x40: apic 2
int 16
azalia1: codecs: Realtek/0x0892
audio0 at azalia1

Just possible that the internal, and card are conflicting/mixed up in
some way.

Regards

Nigel Taylor

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No sound with ATI SBx00 HD Audio

Christiano F. Haesbaert
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:36:26PM +0100, Nigel Taylor wrote:

> On 07/27/11 21:42, Christiano F. Haesbaert wrote:
> > I found out the datasheet for 0x4383
> >
> > http://developer.amd.com/assets/43009_sb7xx_rrg_pub_1.00.pdf
> >
> > I've no knowledge of PCI to debug it though.
> >
> >
> Hi,
>
> I have a Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H based on the same chip set, the sound
> works. But I used the HD 4250 internal graphics/audio, I don't have any
> extra graphics card, from the dmesg you appear to have a HD 5700 card
> and HD 5700 audio.
>
> Extract from ny dmesg ..
> vga1 at pci1 dev 5 function 0 "ATI Radeon HD 4250" rev 0x00
> wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> azalia0 at pci1 dev 5 function 1 "ATI Radeon HD 4200 HD Audio" rev 0x00: msi
> azalia0: no supported codecs
> ...
> azalia1 at pci0 dev 20 function 2 "ATI SBx00 HD Audio" rev 0x40: apic 2
> int 16
> azalia1: codecs: Realtek/0x0892
> audio0 at azalia1
>
> Just possible that the internal, and card are conflicting/mixed up in
> some way.
>

Hmm maybe I'll try removing the hd 5700, how old is your snapshot ?


--
Christiano Farina HAESBAERT
Do NOT send me html mail.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No sound with ATI SBx00 HD Audio

Nigel Taylor-3
On 07/27/11 23:57, Christiano F. Haesbaert wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:36:26PM +0100, Nigel Taylor wrote:
>> On 07/27/11 21:42, Christiano F. Haesbaert wrote:
>>> I found out the datasheet for 0x4383
>>>
>>> http://developer.amd.com/assets/43009_sb7xx_rrg_pub_1.00.pdf
>>>
>>> I've no knowledge of PCI to debug it though.
>>>
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H based on the same chip set, the sound
>> works. But I used the HD 4250 internal graphics/audio, I don't have any
>> extra graphics card, from the dmesg you appear to have a HD 5700 card
>> and HD 5700 audio.
>>
>> Extract from ny dmesg ..
>> vga1 at pci1 dev 5 function 0 "ATI Radeon HD 4250" rev 0x00
>> wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
>> wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
>> azalia0 at pci1 dev 5 function 1 "ATI Radeon HD 4200 HD Audio" rev 0x00: msi
>> azalia0: no supported codecs
>> ...
>> azalia1 at pci0 dev 20 function 2 "ATI SBx00 HD Audio" rev 0x40: apic 2
>> int 16
>> azalia1: codecs: Realtek/0x0892
>> audio0 at azalia1
>>
>> Just possible that the internal, and card are conflicting/mixed up in
>> some way.
>>
>
> Hmm maybe I'll try removing the hd 5700, how old is your snapshot ?
>
>
Hi,

I built from CVS, it's just over one day old, I rechecked the sound
before sending first e-mail, and I had sound working previously some
months ago. It's not the system I use for listening to things.

Regards

Nigel Taylor

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No sound with ATI SBx00 HD Audio

Christiano F. Haesbaert
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:23:53AM +0100, Nigel Taylor wrote:

> On 07/27/11 23:57, Christiano F. Haesbaert wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:36:26PM +0100, Nigel Taylor wrote:
> >> On 07/27/11 21:42, Christiano F. Haesbaert wrote:
> >>> I found out the datasheet for 0x4383
> >>>
> >>> http://developer.amd.com/assets/43009_sb7xx_rrg_pub_1.00.pdf
> >>>
> >>> I've no knowledge of PCI to debug it though.
> >>>
> >>>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H based on the same chip set, the sound
> >> works. But I used the HD 4250 internal graphics/audio, I don't have any
> >> extra graphics card, from the dmesg you appear to have a HD 5700 card
> >> and HD 5700 audio.
> >>
> >> Extract from ny dmesg ..
> >> vga1 at pci1 dev 5 function 0 "ATI Radeon HD 4250" rev 0x00
> >> wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> >> wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> >> azalia0 at pci1 dev 5 function 1 "ATI Radeon HD 4200 HD Audio" rev 0x00: msi
> >> azalia0: no supported codecs
> >> ...
> >> azalia1 at pci0 dev 20 function 2 "ATI SBx00 HD Audio" rev 0x40: apic 2
> >> int 16
> >> azalia1: codecs: Realtek/0x0892
> >> audio0 at azalia1
> >>
> >> Just possible that the internal, and card are conflicting/mixed up in
> >> some way.
> >>
> >
> > Hmm maybe I'll try removing the hd 5700, how old is your snapshot ?
> >
> >
> Hi,
>
> I built from CVS, it's just over one day old, I rechecked the sound
> before sending first e-mail, and I had sound working previously some
> months ago. It's not the system I use for listening to things.
>
> Regards
>
> Nigel Taylor

Now I've no idea what happened, I powered off the machine, removed the graphics
power card, enabled the onboard radaeon, enabled plug & play OS in bios, and
sound started to work.

Then I went back to the radeon 5700, disabled plug & play OS, disabled the
onboard controller, and sound still works. When the machine is booting I hear a
loud pop from the speakers.

I've no idea what happened.
--
Christiano Farina HAESBAERT
Do NOT send me html mail.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No sound with ATI SBx00 HD Audio

gjones5555
In reply to this post by Christiano F. Haesbaert
On 07/27/11 16:42, Christiano F. Haesbaert wrote:
> I found out the datasheet for 0x4383
>
> http://developer.amd.com/assets/43009_sb7xx_rrg_pub_1.00.pdf
>
> I've no knowledge of PCI to debug it though.
>
Try something like this in rc.local and see if it works.

# Setting "Mother Board Audio Device" as Default Audio Device

echo '.'

echo -n ' Setting /dev/{audio,sound,audioctl,mixer} to Azalia0'

p=1

ln -sf /dev/audio$p /dev/audio
ln -sf /dev/sound$p /dev/sound
ln -sf /dev/audioctl$p /dev/audioctl
ln -sf /dev/mixer$p /dev/mixer

echo '.'

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No sound with ATI SBx00 HD Audio

Christiano F. Haesbaert
On 28 July 2011 07:50, Greg Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 07/27/11 16:42, Christiano F. Haesbaert wrote:
>>
>> I found out the datasheet for 0x4383
>>
>> http://developer.amd.com/assets/43009_sb7xx_rrg_pub_1.00.pdf
>>
>> I've no knowledge of PCI to debug it though.
>>
> Try something like this in rc.local and see if it works.
>
> # Setting "Mother Board Audio Device" as Default Audio Device
>
> echo '.'
>
> echo -n ' Setting /dev/{audio,sound,audioctl,mixer} to Azalia0'
>
> p=1
>
> ln -sf /dev/audio$p /dev/audio
> ln -sf /dev/sound$p /dev/sound
> ln -sf /dev/audioctl$p /dev/audioctl
> ln -sf /dev/mixer$p /dev/mixer
>
> echo '.'
>

The links were fine, I checked them.
Also although I had an azalia0, I had no audio at azalia0, so the
audio links couldn't be wrong I suppose.