Nmap updated to 4.20

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Nmap updated to 4.20

Milan Bartos
Hi, i updated Makefile of /usr/ports/net/nmap to Nmap version 4.20. Is it
possible, send this Makefile to official port tree? I hope, this is
possible ;-)
Thanks
P.S. Makefile is attached

Makefile (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Rui Reis-2
You should send a unified diff to nmap maintainer...

Regards,
rui


On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 08:10:07PM +0200, Milan Bartoš wrote:
> Hi, i updated Makefile of /usr/ports/net/nmap to Nmap version 4.20. Is it
> possible, send this Makefile to official port tree? I hope, this is
> possible ;-)
> Thanks
> P.S. Makefile is attached


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Giovanni Bechis-2
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 07:58:58PM +0100, Rui Reis wrote:
> You should send a unified diff to nmap maintainer...
>
A working diff is available at
http://bigio.snb.it/openbsd/nmap-4.20.diff
I tested only on i386.
 Cheers
  Giovanni

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Rui Reis-2
you aren't running current... and next provide a cvs diff please...

rui


On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 08:28:46AM +0200, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 07:58:58PM +0100, Rui Reis wrote:
> > You should send a unified diff to nmap maintainer...
> >
> A working diff is available at
> http://bigio.snb.it/openbsd/nmap-4.20.diff
> I tested only on i386.
>  Cheers
>   Giovanni

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Giovanni Bechis-2
On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 07:56:08PM +0100, Rui Reis wrote:
> you aren't running current... and next provide a cvs diff please...
>
A new diff is now available, the other was from a -current of some
time ago:
http://bigio.snb.it/openbsd/nmap-4.20.diff
 Giovanni

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Rui Reis-2
your ports tree is out of date...

rui


On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 09:28:00AM +0200, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 07:56:08PM +0100, Rui Reis wrote:
> > you aren't running current... and next provide a cvs diff please...
> >
> A new diff is now available, the other was from a -current of some
> time ago:
> http://bigio.snb.it/openbsd/nmap-4.20.diff
>  Giovanni

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Giovanni Bechis-2
On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 08:47:29PM +0100, Rui Reis wrote:
> your ports tree is out of date...
>
I have updated yesterday my ports tree and I have recreated the patch.
 Giovanni

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Rui Reis-2
are you sure? look at your diff...

-MD5 (nmap-4.11.tgz) = 07e68b1c4a85ad9012f68bbaefa9ce1f
-RMD160 (nmap-4.11.tgz) = d5c903f01a5e4075f431517bb9188817d30614f2
-SHA1 (nmap-4.11.tgz) = 3dcc9d1fb5ef2836c199510ea6393e594b85cfb1
-SIZE (nmap-4.11.tgz) = 2660928
+MD5 (nmap-4.20.tgz) = k+OytrEQkqWHxptnzydVXw==
+RMD160 (nmap-4.20.tgz) = sUGjWtwFFxvywXZRllm/DQQ3IjA=
+SHA1 (nmap-4.20.tgz) = jSli8Dcd5s+kZvbOI4nkDKW+JEM=
+SHA256 (nmap-4.20.tgz) = 7ssnavDX5jUw+S7ZJLJfNM4HMbnLqosWy+cXkHe5MVk=
+SIZE (nmap-4.20.tgz) = 2704981



On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 12:57:50PM +0200, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 08:47:29PM +0100, Rui Reis wrote:
> > your ports tree is out of date...
> >
> I have updated yesterday my ports tree and I have recreated the patch.
>  Giovanni

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Antoine Jacoutot
On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Rui Reis wrote:
>> I have updated yesterday my ports tree and I have recreated the patch.

As rui@ pointed out, this is not enough. You must also run a current (as
in not from 2 months ago) system.

--
Antoine

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Giovanni Bechis-2
> On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Rui Reis wrote:
>>> I have updated yesterday my ports tree and I have recreated the patch.
>
> As rui@ pointed out, this is not enough. You must also run a current (as
> in not from 2 months ago) system.
>
When I have updated my ports tree I have updated and installed /usr/src and
/usr/src/xenocara too,
what's wrong ?
 Giovanni

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Antoine Jacoutot
On Friday 08 June 2007 10:00:21 Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> When I have updated my ports tree I have updated and installed /usr/src and
> /usr/src/xenocara too,

Yes sorry my bad I misunderstood.

> what's wrong ?

Just try to apply your diff to a current ports tree and you'll see.
It is obvious that you did not create this diff on a *current* and updated
ports tree.

i.e. part of your diff:
-DISTNAME= nmap-4.11
-PKGNAME= ${DISTNAME}p1

What's in current right now:
PKGNAME=        ${DISTNAME}p2

Same for distinfo...

--
Antoine

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Giovanni Bechis-2
On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 10:18:28AM +0200, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> What's in current right now:
> PKGNAME=        ${DISTNAME}p2
>
> Same for distinfo...
>
I have finally updated the right patch, I can't use cvs diff because of
a temporary problem with cvs access.
 Cheers
  Giovanni

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Rui Reis-2
On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 04:15:07PM +0200, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 10:18:28AM +0200, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> > What's in current right now:
> > PKGNAME=        ${DISTNAME}p2
> >
> > Same for distinfo...
> >
> I have finally updated the right patch, I can't use cvs diff because of
> a temporary problem with cvs access.

come on... if you don't upgrade your ports tree it will never work.

look at your diff... it is totally wrong.


>  Cheers
>   Giovanni

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Giovanni Bechis-2
In reply to this post by Giovanni Bechis-2
On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 11:07:24AM +0100, Rui Reis wrote:
> come on... if you don't upgrade your ports tree it will never work.
>
> look at your diff... it is totally wrong.
>
The patch was reversed, now is ok
 Giovanni

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nmap updated to 4.20

Rui Reis-2
On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 02:55:12PM +0200, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 11:07:24AM +0100, Rui Reis wrote:
> > come on... if you don't upgrade your ports tree it will never work.
> >
> > look at your diff... it is totally wrong.
> >
> The patch was reversed, now is ok

no, it's not.

once again, *please* update your ports tree, then apply your diff. Does it
work?


>  Giovanni