Nice OpenBSD Artikel in the press (www.linux-magazin.de)

Didier Wiroth
Hello,

For info:
Today I got the german "Linux Magazin" 12/05.
There is a real nice article covering openbsd as a redundant firewall
using CARP.

The article is about 5-6 A4 pages with illustrations and screenshots.

The untranslated name of the aricle is:
Ausser der Reihe: Hochverf|gbare Firewall mit OpenBSD

See:
http://www.linux-magazin.de/Artikel/ausgabe/2005/12

Regards
Didier

Re: Nice OpenBSD Artikel in the press (www.linux-magazin.de)

Niclas Sodergard
On 11/9/05, Didier Wiroth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For info:
> Today I got the german "Linux Magazin" 12/05.
> There is a real nice article covering openbsd as a redundant firewall
> using CARP.
>
> The article is about 5-6 A4 pages with illustrations and screenshots.
>
> The untranslated name of the aricle is:
> Ausser der Reihe: Hochverf|gbare Firewall mit OpenBSD
>
> See:
> http://www.linux-magazin.de/Artikel/ausgabe/2005/12

Totally off-topic but...

They also have an article about Linux and redundant firewalls and it
of course contains how to download the source code for a specific tool
from a repository and compile it yourself and how to do it for the
different kernel versions because this particular software is not part
of any distribution yet. And this is one of the main reasons I prefer
OpenBSD - it works out of the box.

cheers,
Nickus

Re: Nice OpenBSD Artikel in the press (www.linux-magazin.de)

fuzzyping
On Nov 9, 2005, at 8:49 AM, Niclas Sodergard wrote:

> They also have an article about Linux and redundant firewalls and it
> of course contains how to download the source code for a specific tool
> from a repository and compile it yourself and how to do it for the
> different kernel versions because this particular software is not part
> of any distribution yet. And this is one of the main reasons I prefer
> OpenBSD - it works out of the box.

I've heard nothing but bad things about the state of failover Linux
firewalls, even in the Astaro product.  Considering they're the major
sponsor of this effort, it does not bode well for them (at least with
netfilter).

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting