New prometheus node_exporter port

Claudio Jeker
This is a port for prometheus node_exporter to monitor HW and OS metrics.
Works but as usual is missing a lot of metrics that systat has.

--
:wq Claudio

node_exporter.tgz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: New prometheus node_exporter port

Nick Owens
can you describe what is missing? i did some of the original work
upstream to get the node_exporter subsystems working on openbsd.

i don't really use node_exporter on openbsd any more, since my only
openbsd hardware currently is on a ERL, and go doesn't support
openbsd/mips.

however, if there's something missing or wrong, i can try to take a look soon.

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 11:19 PM Claudio Jeker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is a port for prometheus node_exporter to monitor HW and OS metrics.
> Works but as usual is missing a lot of metrics that systat has.
>
> --
> :wq Claudio

Re: New prometheus node_exporter port

Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda-2
On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 2:14 AM Nick Owens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> can you describe what is missing? i did some of the original work
> upstream to get the node_exporter subsystems working on openbsd.
>
> i don't really use node_exporter on openbsd any more, since my only
> openbsd hardware currently is on a ERL, and go doesn't support
> openbsd/mips.
>
> however, if there's something missing or wrong, i can try to take a look
> soon.

Currently I'm working on a prometheus node_exporter in C (using kore.io)
for OpenBSD,
right now its very basic and just supports getting of loadavgs, I working
on it because
I have exactly the same problem: I want to monitor my OpenBSD/octeon/ERL.

On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 12:13:01AM -0700, Nick Owens wrote:
> can you describe what is missing? i did some of the original work
> upstream to get the node_exporter subsystems working on openbsd.
>
> i don't really use node_exporter on openbsd any more, since my only
> openbsd hardware currently is on a ERL, and go doesn't support
> openbsd/mips.
>
> however, if there's something missing or wrong, i can try to take a look soon.

CPU spin time is not tracked (easy fix). Also the memory info seems to not
be tracked the way it may be expected. I looked at the Grafana Node
Exporter Full panel and that one has a lot of graphs that don't work.
Seems some of the values are just named differently. So maybe syncing
them up with linux would help (swap, total memory just to begin with).

I also would like to get vmstat -m info in, device IO data, sensors, and
some low level counters from systat (vmstat, uvm, iostat).
In the end there is a lot of good data available via sysctl(3) so it would
be good to have that available. I always missed good tracking of those and
finally want to have a tool that gives this to me so I can track changes
better.

--
:wq Claudio

> On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 11:19 PM Claudio Jeker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > This is a port for prometheus node_exporter to monitor HW and OS metrics.
> > Works but as usual is missing a lot of metrics that systat has.
> >
> > --
> > :wq Claudio

Re: New prometheus node_exporter port

Sacha
Hi,

A packaged node_exporter for OpenBSD could be really nice with no need to
install go or python to compile it.

Here are some missing metrics for OpenBSD:
- uname -a
- PF stats, like pfctl -s info, memory or actual against maximum limits
- Cpu temp
- ntpd
- CPU interrupts
- uptime
- some specifics OBSD daemons like OpenBGPD/OpenSMTPD metrics will be very
appreciated
- syspatch updates

And we need a rc script for the package ?

I'm ready to test the package ;)

Sacha.

--
Sent from: http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/openbsd-user-ports-f108501.html