New: moc

Tilo Stritzky
Moc is a console audio player, not unlike cplay though somewhat flashier.

I've tested this on i386 3.8 release with the ogg-vorbis, wav and mp3
codecs.

The port uses INT8_MIN and friends which are not defined on OpenBSD so
I took i386/int_limits.h from NetBSD.
I'm not sure this is portable. Any ideas how to get this fixed?
Google found me this:
http://www.azillionmonkeys.com/qed/pstdint.h
comments?

regards
tilo

moc.tgz (8K) Download Attachment

Re: New: moc

Aleksander Piotrowski
Tilo Stritzky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The port uses INT8_MIN and friends which are not defined on OpenBSD so
> I took i386/int_limits.h from NetBSD.
> I'm not sure this is portable. Any ideas how to get this fixed?

Check /usr/include/limits.h and /usr/include/sys/limits.h

Alek
--
- Zeskrobywany powiadasz? Wygląda na to, że bycie magiem to nie sam miód.
- O nie. W tym miodzie jest całkiem spora garść piołuny. Ciężko pracujemy
 -- Ewa Białołęcka, Piołun i Miód

Re: New: moc

steven mestdagh
On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 01:57:16PM +0100, Tilo Stritzky wrote:
> Moc is a console audio player, not unlike cplay though somewhat flashier.
>
> I've tested this on i386 3.8 release with the ogg-vorbis, wav and mp3
> codecs.

please check your ports on -current!

this seems to work fine on sparc64, tested with ogg, wav and mp3 as well.

i guess it is a candidate for USE_LIBTOOL and SHARED_ONLY ?

--
steven

Re: New: moc

Jacob Meuser
On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 01:57:16PM +0100, Tilo Stritzky wrote:

> Moc is a console audio player, not unlike cplay though somewhat flashier.
>
> I've tested this on i386 3.8 release with the ogg-vorbis, wav and mp3
> codecs.
>
> The port uses INT8_MIN and friends which are not defined on OpenBSD so
> I took i386/int_limits.h from NetBSD.
> I'm not sure this is portable. Any ideas how to get this fixed?
> Google found me this:
> http://www.azillionmonkeys.com/qed/pstdint.h
> comments?

INT8_MIN is defined in -current.

actually, the new release, 2.3.3 doesn't need any patches (although the
port should definitely have USE_LIBTOOL so the plugins don't get version
numbers).

nice work Tilo!

<[hidden email]>

Re: New: moc

steven mestdagh
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 11:33:44PM -0800, Jacob Meuser wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 01:57:16PM +0100, Tilo Stritzky wrote:
> > Moc is a console audio player, not unlike cplay though somewhat flashier.
> >
> > I've tested this on i386 3.8 release with the ogg-vorbis, wav and mp3
> > codecs.
> >
> > The port uses INT8_MIN and friends which are not defined on OpenBSD so
> > I took i386/int_limits.h from NetBSD.
> > I'm not sure this is portable. Any ideas how to get this fixed?
> > Google found me this:
> > http://www.azillionmonkeys.com/qed/pstdint.h
> > comments?
>
> INT8_MIN is defined in -current.
>
> actually, the new release, 2.3.3 doesn't need any patches (although the
> port should definitely have USE_LIBTOOL so the plugins don't get version
> numbers).
I continued with this port. Removed many patches, added USE_LIBTOOL,
make it use our own libltdl, and include libsamplerate in LIB_DEPENDS.
Plus some smaller tweaks - .tgz attached.  It seems to be working nicely
on my i386 box. Please test/report issues.

steven

moc-20060121.tgz (4K) Download Attachment

Re: New: moc

Matthias Kilian
On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 12:56:31PM +0100, steven mestdagh wrote:
> I continued with this port. Removed many patches, added USE_LIBTOOL,
> make it use our own libltdl, and include libsamplerate in LIB_DEPENDS.
> Plus some smaller tweaks - .tgz attached.  It seems to be working nicely
> on my i386 box. Please test/report issues.

Builds on zaurus, but output quality is somewhere between poor and
on ear torture even for WAV files.

Personally, I don't need such a thing on the zaurus (I'm happy with
waveplay, mpg321 and madplay), but if there's interest, I would try
to find out what's wrong.

Ciao,
        Kili