New and some updated ports

Antti Harri

Hello,

Here are some ports I've made and a couple of updated ones:

http://openbsd.fi/~iku/files/ports/

fontconfig-2.3.2-obsd_port.tar.gz  pine-4.64p1-obsd_port.tar.gz
freetype2-2.1.10-obsd_port.tar.gz  scponly-4.1-obsd_port.tar.gz
irssi-0.8.10rc7-obsd_port.tar.gz   visitors-0.61-obsd_port.tar.gz

New ones include:
fontconfig-2.3.2: library for font customization and configuration
freetype2-2.1.10: free and portable TrueType font rendering engine
scponly-4.1:      restricted shell for use with OpenSSH
visitors-0.61:    fast web log analyzer

Updated ports include:
irssi-0.8.10rc7: updates 0.8.9 -> 0.8.10rc7
pine-4.64p1: it adds only patch that makes files in /tmp have mode
0600, not 0666. (I have mailed the maintainer about this)

If anyone wants to maintain these, be my guest (the ones in "new"). I'm
hoping that at least fontconfig and freetype2 would get committed to the
official tree since they allow many ports to be build without having X
libraries installed.

I have tested those myself on 3.8-current i386.

Antti Harri

fontconfig and freetype (was Re: New and some updated ports)

Matthieu Herrb
Antti Harri wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here are some ports I've made and a couple of updated ones:
>
> http://openbsd.fi/~iku/files/ports/
>
> fontconfig-2.3.2-obsd_port.tar.gz
 > freetype2-2.1.10-obsd_port.tar.gz
[and other ports, that are not the issue here]

The fontconfig in XF4 will be update to 2.3.2 with the next X.Org
import. Are there any ports that need this update quickly ?

freetype2 is part of XF4 too. The next X.Org import will use 2.1.9,
since 2.1.10 is causing problems in X, and those have not been solved
yet. Is there  any port that's not happy with 2.1.9 ?

More generally, it seems to me that the current consensus among OpenBSD
developpers is that ports that need parts of X (typically fontconfig &
freetype, not to mention expat again) should install xbase.
There's no security risk associated with it as there are no setuid
programs there.

So there is no need to duplicate code that is part of XF4 in ports.
If parts of them get updated they can be updated in XF4, just talk to
the X maintainers.
--
Matthieu Herrb