New: Commoncpp

João Salvatti
Hi all,

since openbsd is an excellent system for software developers and
aiming to increase its branch of package options i have created a port
from commoncpp library (http://www.gnu.org/software/commoncpp/), which
is an excellent C++ development library. It supports development
providing threads, sockets, xml parsing, serialization, config files
and lots of other features. For further informations check the
official web site. Thanks.

I improved the Makefile.

--
João Salvatti
Undergraduating in Computer Science

commoncpp.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: New: Commoncpp

Sigfred Håversen
João Salvatti wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> since openbsd is an excellent system for software developers and
> aiming to increase its branch of package options i have created a port
> from commoncpp library (http://www.gnu.org/software/commoncpp/), which
> is an excellent C++ development library. It supports development
> providing threads, sockets, xml parsing, serialization, config files
> and lots of other features. For further informations check the
> official web site. Thanks.
>

> I improved the Makefile.

Hello,
when I try to build it on i386 or sparc64 I get the following:

===>  Building for commoncpp2-1.3.22
Making all in include
make  all-recursive
Making all in cc++
Making all in src
/usr/local/bin/libtool  --mode=compile c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include    -I../src -DCCXX_EXPORT_LIBRARY          -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/include -I../include  -O2 -pipe -c thread.cpp
mkdir .libs
  c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../src -DCCXX_EXPORT_LIBRARY -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/include -I../include -O2 -pipe -c thread.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/thread.o
  c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../src -DCCXX_EXPORT_LIBRARY -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/include -I../include -O2 -pipe -c thread.cpp -o thread.o >/dev/null 2>&1
/usr/local/bin/libtool  --mode=compile c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include    -I../src -DCCXX_EXPORT_LIBRARY          -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/include -I../include  -O2 -pipe -c mutex.cpp
  c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../src -DCCXX_EXPORT_LIBRARY -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/include -I../include -O2 -pipe -c mutex.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/mutex.o
mutex.cpp: In member function `void ost::Mutex::enterMutex()':
mutex.cpp:259: error: `cerr' undeclared (first use this function)
mutex.cpp:259: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
    each function it appears in.)
mutex.cpp:259: error: `endl' undeclared (first use this function)
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mystuff/commoncpp/w-commoncpp2-1.3.22/commoncpp2-1.3.22/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mystuff/commoncpp/w-commoncpp2-1.3.22/commoncpp2-1.3.22 (line 224 of Makefile).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mystuff/commoncpp (line 1924 of /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).

Re: New: Commoncpp

Tobias Ulmer
On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 09:39:03AM -0200, Jo?o Salvatti wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> since openbsd is an excellent system for software developers and
> aiming to increase its branch of package options i have created a port
> from commoncpp library (http://www.gnu.org/software/commoncpp/), which
> is an excellent C++ development library. It supports development
> providing threads, sockets, xml parsing, serialization, config files
> and lots of other features. For further informations check the
> official web site. Thanks.
>

> I improved the Makefile.

I have never made a port for a shared library...
Anyway, "improved" the following things.

- patch for mutex.cpp
- homepage changed to gnu.org
- MASTER_SITES to sourceforge
- SHARED_LIBS, but i dont know if i did it right
- removed iconv dependency, i really don't see where it's needed

Things still missing:
- this nat helper thing, don't know what it does.
- libxml2 as dependency, or disable it.
- Some testing, only because it compiles fine, that doesn't mean that it
  works... Does the thread stuff work? Sockets?

Tobias

commoncpp_tobiasu.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: New: Commoncpp

João Salvatti
Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your help...

It really works and is very good. I have developed a few programs
under it, just for kidding, but they ran very well. Mainly those using
sockets and threads. I have received feedbacks from a few people that
have tried to compile the library but went on errors, but I fixed
them.

Thanks

--
João Salvatti
Undergraduating in Computer Science
Federal University of Para - UFPA
web: http://salvatti.expert.com.br
e-mail: [hidden email]

commoncpp.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: New: Commoncpp - Please test

Tobias Ulmer
I have tweaked the port a bit more. Everything should work now.
Please test again (especially under non-i386).

Tobias

Re: New: Commoncpp - Please test

Tobias Ulmer
LOL, maybe I should attach the port also, stupid me ;)
Here it is.

Tobias

commoncpp.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment