Netgear WG311T Atheros Chipset Wireless Problem

Netgear WG311T Atheros Chipset Wireless Problem

peterwkc
Dear all,

I had bought a Netgear WG311T Atheros Chipset. The Openbsd kernel(dmesg)
shows this card as ath0.

Therefore, I try to configure it using /etc/hostname.ath0 with content
below:
inet 192.168..5.1 255.255.255.0 none media autoselect mediaopt hostap mode
11b chan 6 nwid wsm nwkey ""

This configuration gives me an access point which its LED keeps on blinking
and scan from window cannot find the particular nwid as well.

I believe there is some problems with it.

Please help. Thanks.

Linux

Re: Netgear WG311T Atheros Chipset Wireless Problem

Fred
On 03/26/14 07:03, Wong Peter wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I had bought a Netgear WG311T Atheros Chipset. The Openbsd kernel(dmesg)
> shows this card as ath0.
>
> Therefore, I try to configure it using /etc/hostname.ath0 with content
> below:
> inet 192.168..5.1 255.255.255.0 none media autoselect mediaopt hostap mode
> 11b chan 6 nwid wsm nwkey ""
>
> This configuration gives me an access point which its LED keeps on blinking
> and scan from window cannot find the particular nwid as well.
>
> I believe there is some problems with it.
>
> Please help. Thanks.

What's the output of:

/sbin/ifconfig ath0 scan

On 03/27/14 12:23, Wong Peter wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
>   There is no output display to the console. It cannot become hostap.
>
> Please help.

dmesg and output of /sbin/ifconfig ath0 would help debug this.

cheers

Fred

Re: Netgear WG311T Atheros Chipset Wireless Problem

Kaspars Bankovskis
You have an extra dot in the address - 192.168..5.1
Did you copy your config correctly?