NetBSD has now support for USB on EdgeRouter Lite

NetBSD has now support for USB on EdgeRouter Lite

lausgans@gmail.com

Re: NetBSD has now support for USB on EdgeRouter Lite

Jonathan Gray-11

Jonathan Gray <jsg <at> jsg.id.au> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 12:25:54PM +0300, lausgans <at> gmail.com wrote:
> > Just a heads up. Anyone to merge this into OpenBSD?
> >
> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2015/05/01/msg065510.html
> > [ https://blog.netbsd.org/tnf/entry/hands_on_experience_with_edgerouter ]
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=143005106108571&w=2
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=143387765930344&w=2

Doesn't work on mine:
dwctwo at iobus0 base 0x1180068000000 irq 56 not configured
Available disks are: none.

Tried all kind of bsd from here
http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/5.7/octeon/
also both all kind of bsd as well as bsd.rd extracted
from miniroot57.fs from here
http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/octeon/

lausgans <lausgans <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Doesn't work on mine:
> dwctwo at iobus0 base 0x1180068000000 irq 56 not configured
> Available disks are: none.
>
> Tried all kind of bsd from here
> http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/5.7/octeon/
> also both all kind of bsd as well as bsd.rd extracted
> from miniroot57.fs from here
> http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/octeon/

Ah, just still not compiled in:
http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/arch/octeon/conf/GENERIC.diff?
r1=1.17&r2=1.18&f=h

Re: NetBSD has now support for USB on EdgeRouter Lite

Bruno Bigras-2
> Ah, just still not compiled in:
> http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/arch/octeon/conf/GENERIC.diff?
> r1=1.17&r2=1.18&f=h

I'm looking forward for this. Is it ready to be tested or should I wait?

Re: NetBSD has now support for USB on EdgeRouter Lite

jungle Boogie
On 17 June 2015 at 03:24, Jonathan Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:

ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/octeon/INSTALL.octeon

Ubiquiti Networks EdgeRouter Lite / PoE
 onboard serial port and Ethernet are supported; it's possible
 to boot OpenBSD/octeon on this machine over NFS. There is no
 USB support yet, which means that there is no local storage
 (no onboard CompactFlash).

Is this different than what the install file states?

--
-------
inum: 883510009027723
xmpp: [hidden email]

Could you guys please add "usb* at dwctwo?" to the snapshots kernels for octeon? So we could actually use it or at least test.

Thanks.

Re: NetBSD has now support for USB on EdgeRouter Lite

lausgans@gmail.com
[hidden email]:

> Bruno Bigras-2 wrote:
>>> Ah, just still not compiled in:
>>> http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/arch/octeon/conf/GENERIC.diff?
>>> r1=1.17&r2=1.18&f=h
>
>> I'm looking forward for this. Is it ready to be tested or should I wait?
>
> Could you guys please add "usb* at dwctwo?" to the snapshots kernels for
> octeon? So we could actually use it or at least test.
>
> Thanks.

# cd /sys/arch/octeon/compile/GENERIC; make
In file included from ../../../../dev/usb/dwc2/dwc2.c:66:
../../../../dev/usb/dwc2/dwc2.h:42:37: error:
dev/usb/dwc2/linux/list.h: No such file or directory

Do you keep dev/usb/dwc2/linux/* in private tree or something? :)