Need an advice

Gregory Edigarov-2
Hello,

what is the best practice if I have some locally(changes are
really-really local, and from what i understand, they have absolutelly
no chances to be merged) modified program(s) from base and would
like to maintain those modifications between updates?

thank you.
--
With best regards,
   Gregory Edigarov

Re: Need an advice

Brett Mahar-2
On 08/10/11 01:12, Gregory Edigarov wrote:

> Hello,
>

> what is the best practice if I have some locally(changes are
> really-really local, and from what i understand, they have absolutelly
> no chances to be merged) modified program(s) from base and would
> like to maintain those modifications between updates?
>
> thank you.
> --
> With best regards,
>     Gregory Edigarov

Maintain your own source tree with local changes and when you recompile
everything the modifications will be included.

Brett.