Narcicism?

Re: Narcicism?

Tomas Bodzar-4
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 10:42 PM, Richard Thornton
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I wonder how much c++ the Russian programmer from Goldman is doing these
> days?!

Of course a lot to cover all of those black ops :D

> On Dec 2, 2011 4:35 PM, "Tekk" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It's that way in the US too, afaict(C is 'deprecated')
>>
>> On Fri, 2 Dec 2011, Dmitrij Czarkoff wrote:
>>
>> B On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 10:11 PM, David Riley <[hidden email]>

>>> Well, I don't know how it happens in US or Canada, but in Russia
>>> ordinarily people first learn C++, and then (may be) C. Yes, knowing
>>> C++ implies substantial knowledge of C, but the point still stands. He
>>> didn't say a word about C, which would have been more relevant, so I
>>> assume that he was exaggerating his involvement with Linux and
>>> hacking.

>>> Dmitrij D. Czarkoff

Re: Narcicism?

John Tate-8
I should lie and make this statement smaller? There is nothing even that
big about it. I don't know why I should leave anything other than the
facts. It's your choice to guess my intentions for doing so.

www.johntate.org

Re: Narcicism?

Fritz Wuehler-5
FLUSH!!!

Re: Narcicism?

Super Biscuit
Mr. Eric Oyen is blind. He cannot see the keyboard and makes occasional mistakes. Had you ever read or subscribed to the OpenBSD powerpc mailing lists, you would know this.

Re: Narcicism?

Super Biscuit
You have another G3?

Re: Narcicism?

Eric Oyen
easy there pardoner! :)

I think he was pointing out my spelling error in jest.
anyway, go easy on him as he probably didn't know (and I make it a point not
to call attention to my disability, except where it becomes necessary).

so, how is school going?

-eric
On Dec 5, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Super Biscuit wrote:

> Mr. Eric Oyen is blind. He cannot see the keyboard and makes occasional
mistakes. Had you ever read or subscribed to the OpenBSD powerpc mailing
lists, you would know this.

Re: Narcicism?

Tomas Bodzar-4
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 4:13 AM, Eric Oyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> easy there pardoner! :)
>
> I think he was pointing out my spelling error in jest.
> anyway, go easy on him as he probably didn't know (and I make it a point not
> to call attention to my disability, except where it becomes necessary).

Will be very off topic, but if you're using OpenBSD for your
school/work don't you think that it will be fine post for undeadly.org
about your stuff? Not sure how much apps is available in OpenBSD for
people with some disability.

Thx

> so, how is school going?
>
> -eric
> On Dec 5, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Super Biscuit wrote:
>
>> Mr. Eric Oyen is blind. He cannot see the keyboard and makes occasional
> mistakes. Had you ever read or subscribed to the OpenBSD powerpc mailing
> lists, you would know this.

Re: Narcicism?

Super Biscuit
I read the thread, Mr. Hogan. Standing up for someone you consider a friend is not being full of yourself.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Super Biscuit <[hidden email]> wrote:

Mr. Eric Oyen is blind. He cannot see the keyboard and makes occasional mistakes. Had you ever read or subscribed to the OpenBSD powerpc mailing lists, you would know this.

If you had a sense of humor and read this thread, you wouldn't have reacted this way. Of course, we all make mistakes and he actually responded to me with a chuckle. Get over yourself, Mr. Super Biscuit.

On 12/1/11, Eric Oyen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> like any other population, we have our parrots, non-thinkers, OCD, Bi-polar,
> stupid or the otherwise normal.
 we also have more than a few extremely
> intelligent people.
>
> one thing I have noticed (because I also suffer from it) is that more
> intelligent you are, the worse your interpersonal skills tend to be. mow, I

> happen to be fairly intelligent (somewhere north of the upper 130's) ,

Oh ya? Well, you spelled 'now' wrong ;-)

Re: Narcicism?

Super Biscuit
Already overreacted.
So, an open apology to Mr. Hogan. I'm reading and replying to the threads from
earliest to latest.
School's fine. I'm doing a short presentation on BSD systems this morning and
a mock trial. Had the practical exam for the A+ class and I didn't do so well.
Messed up on recognizing RAM and didn't remember that RIMM needed to be
installed in all four slots.
In the computer club offering help to those who want an introduction to the
BSD flavors or Debian.

I think he was pointing out my spelling error in jest.
anyway, go easy on him as he probably didn't know (and I make it a point not
to call attention to my disability, except where it becomes necessary).

so, how is school going?

-eric
On Dec 5, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Super Biscuit wrote:

> Mr. Eric Oyen is blind. He cannot see the keyboard and makes occasional
mistakes. Had you ever read or subscribed to the OpenBSD powerpc mailing
lists, you would know this.

Re: Narcicism?

Super Biscuit
Last time that I had worked on OpenBSD on PowerPC was with the B&W G3. Lowend Macs aren't good at compiling. I have a Quicksilver and a iMac G4 with the former being available to use. No home internet connection as of yet-- which makes it difficult. It wasn't Orca but I think emacspeak which I tried to get working on PPC with little luck. I'll get back to that project when I have home internet. Second solution was trying to make a Debian Live CD as a PPC Vinux clone. That also needs to be redone. Exporting home scripts seems to be the problem.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 4:13 AM, Eric Oyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> easy there pardoner! :)
>
> I think he was pointing out my spelling error in jest.
> anyway, go easy on him as he probably didn't know (and I make it a point not
> to call attention to my disability, except where it becomes necessary).

Will be very off topic, but if you're using OpenBSD for your
school/work don't you think that it will be fine post for undeadly.org
about your stuff? Not sure how much apps is available in OpenBSD for
people with some disability.

Thx

> so, how is school going?
>
> -eric
> On Dec 5, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Super Biscuit wrote:
>
>> Mr. Eric Oyen is blind. He cannot see the keyboard and makes occasional
> mistakes. Had you ever read or subscribed to the OpenBSD powerpc mailing
> lists, you would know this.

Re: Narcicism?

Eric Oyen
I am only using openbsd in a hobbyist fashion right now. once I get it setup
in a vm, it becomes easy to deal with via ssh. what I wouldn't mind is a
desktop that can work with a screenreader.

right now, I have had to shelve that and fight an opensuse install that
refuses to be accessible, even given the right dependencies (one would think
novell would make a more robust production ready OS).

anyway... life goes on.

-eric

On Dec 5, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Tomas Bodzar wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 4:13 AM, Eric Oyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> easy there pardoner! :)
>>
>> I think he was pointing out my spelling error in jest.
>> anyway, go easy on him as he probably didn't know (and I make it a point
not

>> to call attention to my disability, except where it becomes necessary).
>
> Will be very off topic, but if you're using OpenBSD for your
> school/work don't you think that it will be fine post for undeadly.org
> about your stuff? Not sure how much apps is available in OpenBSD for
> people with some disability.
>
> Thx
>

>> so, how is school going?
>>
>> -eric
>> On Dec 5, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Super Biscuit wrote:
>>
>>> Mr. Eric Oyen is blind. He cannot see the keyboard and makes occasional
>> mistakes. Had you ever read or subscribed to the OpenBSD powerpc mailing
>> lists, you would know this.

Re: Narcicism?

Ariane van der Steldt
Just give up on this thread. It's a waste of my time and pointless
discussions like this just mean people who do have something to
contribute or who have a real question get drowned in noise like this
thread.

Each time I attempt to catch up on misc, it's threads like these that
make me regret that attempt. Why didn't this thread die already?
--
Ariane

On Dec 4, 2011, at 9:03, John Tate <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I should lie and make this statement smaller? There is nothing even
> that
> big about it. I don't know why I should leave anything other than the
> facts. It's your choice to guess my intentions for doing so.
>
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 2:43 AM, Rares Aioanei <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/01/2011 05:25 PM, John Tate wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Scott McEachern<[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm 24 years old. I was a Linux hacker since I was 13. I am a bit
>>> of a
>>> guru
>>> and do my own Kerberos and such on an all BSD/Linux network.
>>> OpenBSD and
>>> Debian Linux. I love OpenBSD, I'm a bit weird because I use bash.
>>> I can
>>> put
>>> up with being made fun of. At 13 I didn't just start learning
>>> Linux I
>>> started learning C++ as well. I failed to apprehend it properly at
>>> that
>>> age, but at an older age I relearned it well. I am the guru sort
>>> of guy, I
>>> know a hell of a lot but I'm still connecting it and in that sense
>>> still
>>> learning.
>>>

>> You forgot to list modesty there as well, John.
>>
>> --
>> Rares Aioanei

> www.johntate.org

Re: Narcicism?

Sunnz
2011/12/8 Ariane van der Steldt <[hidden email]>:

> Just give up on this thread. It's a waste of my time and pointless
> discussions like this just mean people who do have something to contribute
> or who have a real question get drowned in noise like this thread.
>
> Each time I attempt to catch up on misc, it's threads like these that make
> me regret that attempt. Why didn't this thread die already?
> --
> Ariane
>

> On Dec 4, 2011, at 9:03, John Tate <[hidden email]> wrote:

Because people kept replying to it rather than just letting it die.

--
g):g.1e/h2/g )cf71h07e/e.9f04c
sunnz.org

pointless rant... was: Re: Narcicism?

Eric Oyen
well, until *YOU* responded to it, it had pretty much died.

also, not all in this thread was pointless. I did learn a few new things and
managed to get some other (BSD related) questions answered.

-eric
On Dec 7, 2011, at 9:53 PM, Ariane van der Steldt wrote:

> Just give up on this thread. It's a waste of my time and pointless
discussions like this just mean people who do have something to contribute or
who have a real question get drowned in noise like this thread.

> Each time I attempt to catch up on misc, it's threads like these that make
me regret that attempt. Why didn't this thread die already?

> --
> Ariane
>
> On Dec 4, 2011, at 9:03, John Tate <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I should lie and make this statement smaller? There is nothing even that
>> big about it. I don't know why I should leave anything other than the
>> facts. It's your choice to guess my intentions for doing so.

>>> You forgot to list modesty there as well, John.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rares Aioanei

>> www.johntate.org

Re: pointless rant... was: Re: Narcicism?

Fritz Wuehler-5
Eric Oyen whined:

> well, until *YOU* responded to it, it had pretty much died.
>
> also, not all in this thread was pointless. I did learn a few new things
> and managed to get some other (BSD related) questions answered.

Is that possible for somebody with a claimed IQ of 130 who by his own
admission can't deal with people of lowly intelligence? You're just as much
of a pompous jackass as the nitwit OP. Do you want some cheese with that
whine?

1234