[NODEJS] only for amd64 aarch64 i386, not arm (armv7)

[NODEJS] only for amd64 aarch64 i386, not arm (armv7)

Olivier BURELLI
Hi,

I installed on amd64 nodeJS, OK.

I tried to install it (from port) on BBB, without success : is only for
amd64 aarch64 i386, not arm (armv7)

_ Does-it means that is impossible to have nodeJS on BBB ?
_ aarch64 is it arm64 platform ?

In parallel, if i have to order a new arm64 platform, i bought 2 month
ago a raspberry PI3 B+, however no install for the moment. I read after
the order that is impossible to install it on eMMC.

Please which appropriate platform is preferable depending :

_ large eMMC (32 or 64 Go)
_ 4 Go
_ Maximun hardware / material recognized by the Kernel
_ #gpio & #pwm

Thank you.

Re: [NODEJS] only for amd64 aarch64 i386, not arm (armv7)

Karel Gardas
On 3/19/19 8:59 PM, Olivier Burelli wrote:
> _ Does-it means that is impossible to have nodeJS on BBB ?
> _ aarch64 is it arm64 platform ?

Yes.

> In parallel, if i have to order a new arm64 platform, i bought 2 month
> ago a raspberry PI3 B+, however no install for the moment. I read after
> the order that is impossible to install it on eMMC.

RPi3 B+ is aarch64/arm64 so why you don't give it a try to see all the
greatest of nodeJS on it. :-)

> Please which appropriate platform is preferable depending :
>
> _ large eMMC (32 or 64 Go)
> _ 4 Go
> _ Maximun hardware / material recognized by the Kernel
> _ #gpio & #pwm

If you really insist on nodeJS, then I would prefer amount of RAM and
perhaps NVMe or at least SATA way of connecting some decent drive.
Otherwise it's a matter of your time and money...

Re: [NODEJS] only for amd64 aarch64 i386, not arm (armv7)

Olivier BURELLI
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 22:08:49 +0100
Karel Gardas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3/19/19 8:59 PM, Olivier Burelli wrote:
> > _ Does-it means that is impossible to have nodeJS on BBB ?
> > _ aarch64 is it arm64 platform ?
>
> Yes.

Thank you for your answer.

> > In parallel, if i have to order a new arm64 platform, i bought 2
> > month ago a raspberry PI3 B+, however no install for the moment. I
> > read after the order that is impossible to install it on eMMC.
>
> RPi3 B+ is aarch64/arm64 so why you don't give it a try to see all
> the greatest of nodeJS on it. :-)

Yes i will test it.
My target goal is to use the tryptic : node-red + MQtt + OpenZWave
Here i have to validate the fact that we can install OpenZwave

> > Please which appropriate platform is preferable depending :
> >
> > _ large eMMC (32 or 64 Go)
> > _ 4 Go
> > _ Maximun hardware / material recognized by the Kernel
> > _ #gpio & #pwm
>
> If you really insist on nodeJS, then I would prefer amount of RAM and
> perhaps NVMe or at least SATA way of connecting some decent drive.
> Otherwise it's a matter of your time and money...

By the way, RockPro64 should be the solution.

Before to buy one, i will investigate to be be sure that pci-e
adapter for contrôleur LSISAS2308 will be supported.

Or a JMB363 pci-e SATA I do not find asm1061 support for OpenBSD.

Oliv.