NGINX wordpress error 5.2

Bentley, Dain
Hello all,
I've configured a wordpress site on NGINX/OpenBSD 5.2/php_fpm.
It works fine but I seem to have problems installing plugins and getting information from RSS feeds because the wordpress API can't seem to resolve hostnames.

I suspect it has something to do with the fact NGINX is chrooted so I tried to move the resolv.conf over but nothing.  Is there anything I need to move over to the /var/www directory to get name resolution working correctly with my web apps?

Re: NGINX wordpress error 5.2

Aaron Bieber
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Bentley, Dain <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I've configured a wordpress site on NGINX/OpenBSD 5.2/php_fpm.
> It works fine but I seem to have problems installing plugins and getting information from RSS feeds because the wordpress API can't seem to resolve hostnames.
>
> I suspect it has something to do with the fact NGINX is chrooted so I tried to move the resolv.conf over but nothing.  Is there anything I need to move over to the /var/www directory to get name resolution working correctly with my web apps?

Copying /etc/resolv.conf to /var/www/etc/resolv.conf should be all
that is required.

Re: NGINX wordpress error 5.2

Bentley, Dain
Hello Aaron,
I thought so too.  Here is the error's I'm getting:
WP HTTP Error: 0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: temporary failure in name resolution

It seems to be an issue with PHP unable to open a network connection?

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Bentley, Dain <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Aaron,
> I thought so too.  Here is the error's I'm getting:
> WP HTTP Error: 0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: temporary failure in name resolution

AFAIK, php-fpm will use your resolv.conf in /etc, as it isn't bound by
the chroot that nginx is.

Perhaps the issue is there?

> It seems to be an issue with PHP unable to open a network connection?

PHP_FPm is running as the www user, but the permissions on resolv.conf is readable to everyone.
Perhaps I missed installing  PHP extension required?

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Bentley, Dain <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Aaron,
> I thought so too.  Here is the error's I'm getting:
> WP HTTP Error: 0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed:
> temporary failure in name resolution

AFAIK, php-fpm will use your resolv.conf in /etc, as it isn't bound by the chroot that nginx is.

Perhaps the issue is there?

> It seems to be an issue with PHP unable to open a network connection?

f.holop
hmm, on Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 03:58:53PM -0500, Bentley, Dain said that
> PHP_FPm is running as the www user, but the permissions on resolv.conf is readable to everyone.
> Perhaps I missed installing  PHP extension required?

php_fpm when installed from the ports is also running chroot
by default IIRC.

-f

how much can i get away with and still go to heaven?

Re: NGINX wordpress error 5.2

Bentley, Dain
You're correct, it is.  The php-fpm.conf points to /var/www.