NEW: x11/pypanel

Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse-4
hi,

here's pypanel:
PyPanel is a lightweight panel/taskbar written in Python and C for X11
window managers. It can be easily customized to match any desktop theme
or taste. PyPanel works with WindowMaker and EWMH compliant WMs
(Kahakai, Openbox, PekWM, FVWM, etc).

tested on amd64 and macppc.
ok?

cheers,
jasper

--
``This statement is false''
NedBSD: http://nedbsd.eu

pypanel.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: x11/pypanel

Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse
On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 08:58:08PM +0100, Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse wrote:

> hi,
>
> here's pypanel:
> PyPanel is a lightweight panel/taskbar written in Python and C for X11
> window managers. It can be easily customized to match any desktop theme
> or taste. PyPanel works with WindowMaker and EWMH compliant WMs
> (Kahakai, Openbox, PekWM, FVWM, etc).
>
> tested on amd64 and macppc.
> ok?
new port attached with some fixes by ajacoutot@.
but there is one little problem, the Imlib2 library is hardcoded in
setup.py like:

imlib2  = "/usr/lib/libImlib2.so.1"

we can change the /usr part with ${PREFIX}, but what is the correct
thing to do with the other part?

Jasper

--
``This statement is false''
NedBSD: http://nedbsd.eu

pypanel.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: x11/pypanel

Antoine Jacoutot
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse wrote:
> imlib2  = "/usr/lib/libImlib2.so.1"
>
> we can change the /usr part with ${PREFIX}, but what is the correct
> thing to do with the other part?

You mean ${LOCALBASE} rather than ${PREFIX}, right?

Antoine

Re: NEW: x11/pypanel

Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse
On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 11:21:05AM +0100, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse wrote:
> >imlib2  = "/usr/lib/libImlib2.so.1"
> >
> >we can change the /usr part with ${PREFIX}, but what is the correct
> >thing to do with the other part?
>
> You mean ${LOCALBASE} rather than ${PREFIX}, right?
yeah...it's still early morning, ok? ;)

> --
> Antoine
Cheers,
Jasper

--
``This statement is false''
NedBSD: http://nedbsd.eu

Re: NEW: x11/pypanel

steven mestdagh
Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse [2006-12-18, 11:09:37]:

> On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 08:58:08PM +0100, Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > here's pypanel:
> > PyPanel is a lightweight panel/taskbar written in Python and C for X11
> > window managers. It can be easily customized to match any desktop theme
> > or taste. PyPanel works with WindowMaker and EWMH compliant WMs
> > (Kahakai, Openbox, PekWM, FVWM, etc).
> >
> > tested on amd64 and macppc.
> > ok?
> new port attached with some fixes by ajacoutot@.
> but there is one little problem, the Imlib2 library is hardcoded in
> setup.py like:
>
> imlib2  = "/usr/lib/libImlib2.so.1"
>
> we can change the /usr part with ${PREFIX}, but what is the correct
> thing to do with the other part?

I think you can just make this imlib2 = "libImlib2.so", because it is being
used by dlopen(3).