[NEW] x11/gsimplecal

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[NEW] x11/gsimplecal

Alessandro DE LAURENZIS-3
Dear ports@ readers,

this is a proposal for a new port: x11/gsimplecal, a lightweight GTK
calendar applet.

DESCR
=====

> Gsimplecal is a lightweight calendar applet written in C++ using GTK.
>
> It was originally made for use with tint2 panel in the openbox window
> manager (to be launched upon clock click), but of course it works in
> any environment (just bind gsimplecal to some hotkey).  For easier
> integration, when started it first shows up, when launched again it
> closes the running instance (no need to write wrapper scripts or
> whatever).
>
> It can be configured to not only show the calendar, but also display
> multiple clocks for different world timezones.
There is no recent activity on the upstream site, so probably the
development has been stopped; nevertheless, I use it since a long time
(with fluxbox) and it is pretty functional.

Code compiles flawlessly, no patch needed.

Tested on amd64 only, taking MAINTAINER, tarball attached.

All the best

--
Alessandro DE LAURENZIS
[mailto:[hidden email]]
Web: http://www.atlantide.t28.net
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/delaurenzis/

gsimplecal.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEW] x11/gsimplecal

Stuart Henderson
On 2019/06/12 07:17, Alessandro DE LAURENZIS wrote:

> Dear ports@ readers,
>
> this is a proposal for a new port: x11/gsimplecal, a lightweight GTK
> calendar applet.
>
> DESCR
> =====
> > Gsimplecal is a lightweight calendar applet written in C++ using GTK.
> >
> > It was originally made for use with tint2 panel in the openbox window
> > manager (to be launched upon clock click), but of course it works in
> > any environment (just bind gsimplecal to some hotkey).  For easier
> > integration, when started it first shows up, when launched again it
> > closes the running instance (no need to write wrapper scripts or
> > whatever).
> >
> > It can be configured to not only show the calendar, but also display
> > multiple clocks for different world timezones.
>
> There is no recent activity on the upstream site, so probably the
> development has been stopped; nevertheless, I use it since a long time (with
> fluxbox) and it is pretty functional.
>
> Code compiles flawlessly, no patch needed.
>
> Tested on amd64 only, taking MAINTAINER, tarball attached.
>
> All the best
New tar attached. This one is OK sthen if someone would like to import..

The autoconf setup isn't quite right (and doesn't actually build for
me as-is). I also moved to productivity as the main category as that's
where we usually put calendar-type things (and x11/ is quite busy
already).

There's a startup problem. If the config file (e.g.
~/.config/gsimplecal/config) does not already exist, it calls
Unique::Unique with path==NULL so it falls back to getPathnameFromExe()
that doesn't work on OpenBSD, resulting in the exception below.

$ gsimplecal  
terminating with uncaught exception of type UniqueException*
Abort trap (core dumped)
$ egdb `which gsimplecal` gsimplecal.core
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.12.1
..
Core was generated by `gsimplecal'.
Program terminated with signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
#0  thrkill () at -:3
3       -: No such file or directory.
(gdb) bt
#0  thrkill () at -:3
#1  0x000007e0994f81be in _libc_abort () at /usr/src/lib/libc/stdlib/abort.c:51
#2  0x000007e097acff3c in abort_message (format=<optimized out>) at /usr/src/lib/libcxxabi/src/abort_message.cpp:77
#3  0x000007e097af1c64 in demangling_terminate_handler () at /usr/src/lib/libcxxabi/src/cxa_default_handlers.cpp:70
#4  0x000007e097aeaeef in std::__terminate (func=0x0) at /usr/src/lib/libcxxabi/src/cxa_handlers.cpp:60
#5  0x000007e097acf41c in __cxxabiv1::failed_throw (exception_header=0x7e0a7d2d200)
    at /usr/src/lib/libcxxabi/src/cxa_exception.cpp:138
#6  0x000007e097acf37b in __cxa_throw (thrown_object=0x7e0a7d2d280, tinfo=0x7ddcec1faf0 <typeinfo for UniqueException*>,
    dest=<optimized out>) at /usr/src/lib/libcxxabi/src/cxa_exception.cpp:270
#7  0x000007ddcec1c410 in Unique::Unique (this=<optimized out>, path=<optimized out>) at Unique.cpp:27
#8  0x000007ddcec1ac79 in main (argc=1, argv=0x7f7ffffd5c48) at gsimplecal.cpp:75

I've added a patch to work around the problem, comments welcome.

gsimplecal.tgz (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEW] x11/gsimplecal

Alessandro DE LAURENZIS-3
Hello Stuart,

On 13/06/2019 22:37, Stuart Henderson wrote:
[...]

>
> New tar attached. This one is OK sthen if someone would like to import..
>
> The autoconf setup isn't quite right (and doesn't actually build for
> me as-is). I also moved to productivity as the main category as that's
> where we usually put calendar-type things (and x11/ is quite busy
> already).
>
> There's a startup problem. If the config file (e.g.
> ~/.config/gsimplecal/config) does not already exist, it calls
> Unique::Unique with path==NULL so it falls back to getPathnameFromExe()
> that doesn't work on OpenBSD, resulting in the exception below.
>
> $ gsimplecal
> terminating with uncaught exception of type UniqueException*
> Abort trap (core dumped)
> $ egdb `which gsimplecal` gsimplecal.core
> GNU gdb (GDB) 7.12.1
> .
> Core was generated by `gsimplecal'.
> Program terminated with signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
> #0  thrkill () at -:3
> 3       -: No such file or directory.
> (gdb) bt
> #0  thrkill () at -:3
> #1  0x000007e0994f81be in _libc_abort () at /usr/src/lib/libc/stdlib/abort.c:51
> #2  0x000007e097acff3c in abort_message (format=<optimized out>) at /usr/src/lib/libcxxabi/src/abort_message.cpp:77
> #3  0x000007e097af1c64 in demangling_terminate_handler () at /usr/src/lib/libcxxabi/src/cxa_default_handlers.cpp:70
> #4  0x000007e097aeaeef in std::__terminate (func=0x0) at /usr/src/lib/libcxxabi/src/cxa_handlers.cpp:60
> #5  0x000007e097acf41c in __cxxabiv1::failed_throw (exception_header=0x7e0a7d2d200)
>      at /usr/src/lib/libcxxabi/src/cxa_exception.cpp:138
> #6  0x000007e097acf37b in __cxa_throw (thrown_object=0x7e0a7d2d280, tinfo=0x7ddcec1faf0 <typeinfo for UniqueException*>,
>      dest=<optimized out>) at /usr/src/lib/libcxxabi/src/cxa_exception.cpp:270
> #7  0x000007ddcec1c410 in Unique::Unique (this=<optimized out>, path=<optimized out>) at Unique.cpp:27
> #8  0x000007ddcec1ac79 in main (argc=1, argv=0x7f7ffffd5c48) at gsimplecal.cpp:75
>
> I've added a patch to work around the problem, comments welcome.
>

This isn't in the tree yet; I've of course tried your updated tarball
and all is ok.

--
Alessandro DE LAURENZIS
[mailto:[hidden email]]
Web: http://www.atlantide.t28.net
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/delaurenzis/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEW] x11/gsimplecal

Landry Breuil-5
On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 10:08:22AM +0200, Alessandro DE LAURENZIS wrote:
> Hello Stuart,
>
>
> This isn't in the tree yet; I've of course tried your updated tarball and
> all is ok.

This was imported on the 16:
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports-cvs&m=156067066220870&w=2

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEW] x11/gsimplecal

Stuart Henderson
On 2019/06/27 10:31, Landry Breuil wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 10:08:22AM +0200, Alessandro DE LAURENZIS wrote:
> > Hello Stuart,
> >
> >
> > This isn't in the tree yet; I've of course tried your updated tarball and
> > all is ok.
>
> This was imported on the 16:
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports-cvs&m=156067066220870&w=2
>

It's in productivity/ not x11/ which is probably why it was missed.