NEW: x11/gnustep/cynthiune

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NEW: x11/gnustep/cynthiune

Sebastian Reitenbach
Hi,

$ cat pkg/DESCR                                                                
Cynthiune is a versatile music player based on GNUstep, able to play a
lot of different audio formats.

Two of the supported audio-backends are enabled, sndio and libao.
libao backend is there, since gnustep-gui has it as dependency too.
Other backends not enabled are esound and alsa, if someone has
a need for it, it could be added as subpackage later on.

Tested with many different audio formats on all three platforms where
GNUstep is enabled.

comments or OK to import?

cheers,
Sebastian

cynthiune.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: x11/gnustep/cynthiune

Sebastian Reitenbach
Ping
 
On Wednesday, May 1, 2013 09:47 CEST, "Sebastian Reitenbach" <[hidden email]> wrote:
 

> Hi,
>
> $ cat pkg/DESCR                                                                
> Cynthiune is a versatile music player based on GNUstep, able to play a
> lot of different audio formats.
>
> Two of the supported audio-backends are enabled, sndio and libao.
> libao backend is there, since gnustep-gui has it as dependency too.
> Other backends not enabled are esound and alsa, if someone has
> a need for it, it could be added as subpackage later on.
>
> Tested with many different audio formats on all three platforms where
> GNUstep is enabled.
>
> comments or OK to import?
>
> cheers,
> Sebastian
 
 
 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: x11/gnustep/cynthiune

Brett Mahar-2
In reply to this post by Sebastian Reitenbach
On 05/01/13 17:47, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

> Hi,
>
> $ cat pkg/DESCR
> Cynthiune is a versatile music player based on GNUstep, able to play a
> lot of different audio formats.
>
> Two of the supported audio-backends are enabled, sndio and libao.
> libao backend is there, since gnustep-gui has it as dependency too.
> Other backends not enabled are esound and alsa, if someone has
> a need for it, it could be added as subpackage later on.
>
> Tested with many different audio formats on all three platforms where
> GNUstep is enabled.
>
> comments or OK to import?
>
> cheers,
> Sebastian
>

Hi Sebastian,

(apologies for the thunderbird linewrapping)

I got some errors trying this (see below).

Adding the license info from mplayer (which i don't know if it is
correct) silenced the license errors:

PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM =          patents
PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP =            Yes

However, for some reason it still gives this error:

!!! File 'gnustep/Cynthiune-1.0.0.tar.gz' not found in
/usr/ports/mystuff/x11/gnustep/cynthiune/distinfo
!!! Read up on SUPDISTFILES in bsd.port.mk(5)

The supdistfiles section does not seem to be relevent.

$  vi /usr/ports/mystuff/x11/gnustep/cynthiune/distinfo

SHA256 (gnustep/Cynthiune-1.0.0.tar.gz) =
PMUijIzbZiVrvOxLMXu9OFM5fwnsm3N4p/ZRQO/1vK8=
SIZE (gnustep/Cynthiune-1.0.0.tar.gz) = 570554

my /etc/mk.conf:
PORTSDIR_PATH=/usr/ports/mystuff:/usr/ports
MASTER_SITE_OPENBSD=Yes
CLEANDEPENDS=Yes
REFETCH=true

Cheers,
Brett.


===>  Checking files for Cynthiune-1.0.0
The licensing info for Cynthiune-1.0.0 is incomplete. (in
x11/gnustep/cynthiune)
The licensing info for Cynthiune-1.0.0 is incomplete. (in
x11/gnustep/cynthiune)
Please notify the OpenBSD port maintainer: (in x11/gnustep/cynthiune)
     The OpenBSD ports mailing-list <[hidden email]> (in
x11/gnustep/cynthiune)
`/usr/ports/distfiles/Cynthiune-1.0.0.tar.gz' is up to date.
!!! File 'gnustep/Cynthiune-1.0.0.tar.gz' not found in
/usr/ports/mystuff/x11/gnustep/cynthiune/distinfo
!!! Read up on SUPDISTFILES in bsd.port.mk(5)
*** Error 1 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2247
'_internal-checksum': @fgrep 2>/dev/null SIZE
/usr/ports/mystuff/x11/gnustep...)
*** Error 1 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2460
'/usr/ports/pobj/Cynthiune-1.0.0/.extract_done')
*** Error 1 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:1863
'/usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/Cynthiune-1.0.0.tgz')
*** Error 1 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2409
'_internal-package')
*** Error 1 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2389 'package')
*** Error 1 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:1880
'/var/db/pkg/Cynthiune-1.0.0/+CONTENTS')
*** Error 1 in /usr/ports/mystuff/x11/gnustep/cynthiune
(/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2389 'install')

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: x11/gnustep/cynthiune

Stuart Henderson-6
On 2013/05/10 10:06, Brett Mahar wrote:

> On 05/01/13 17:47, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >$ cat pkg/DESCR
> >Cynthiune is a versatile music player based on GNUstep, able to play a
> >lot of different audio formats.
> >
> >Two of the supported audio-backends are enabled, sndio and libao.
> >libao backend is there, since gnustep-gui has it as dependency too.
> >Other backends not enabled are esound and alsa, if someone has
> >a need for it, it could be added as subpackage later on.
> >
> >Tested with many different audio formats on all three platforms where
> >GNUstep is enabled.
> >
> >comments or OK to import?
> >
> >cheers,
> >Sebastian
> >
>
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> (apologies for the thunderbird linewrapping)
>
> I got some errors trying this (see below).

I suspect you have unpacked it in ports/audio, it will need to go in
ports/x11/gnustep so it picks up settings in x11/gnustep/Makefile.inc.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: x11/gnustep/cynthiune

Stuart Henderson-6
In reply to this post by Sebastian Reitenbach
On 2013/05/01 09:47, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

> Hi,
>
> $ cat pkg/DESCR                                                                
> Cynthiune is a versatile music player based on GNUstep, able to play a
> lot of different audio formats.
>
> Two of the supported audio-backends are enabled, sndio and libao.
> libao backend is there, since gnustep-gui has it as dependency too.
> Other backends not enabled are esound and alsa, if someone has
> a need for it, it could be added as subpackage later on.
>
> Tested with many different audio formats on all three platforms where
> GNUstep is enabled.
>
> comments or OK to import?
>
> cheers,
> Sebastian



Is timidity absolutely necessary?  We can't provide packages of it,
so it's a pain to install Cynthiune with this as a hard RUN_DEPENDS.
If Cynthiune will run without it, it's probably better to remove
the RUN_DEPENDS and mention it as an optional dependency in DESCR
instead.

I haven't used any GNUstep program before - when I run Cynthiune
it continually prints out lines like this to the console:

2013-05-10 01:40:18.239 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets
2013-05-10 01:40:18.239 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets
2013-05-10 01:40:18.243 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets
2013-05-10 01:40:18.244 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets
2013-05-10 01:40:18.244 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets
2013-05-10 01:40:18.245 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets
2013-05-10 01:40:18.245 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets

Also, menu windows keep opening and closing at the top left of the
screen (and warping the mouse pointer when this happens). I just tried
another GNUstep program (LapisPuzzle) and it does the same, perhaps
it doesn't like my window manager (cwm).

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: x11/gnustep/cynthiune

Brett Mahar-2
In reply to this post by Stuart Henderson-6

>> I got some errors trying this (see below).
>
> I suspect you have unpacked it in ports/audio, it will need to go in
> ports/x11/gnustep so it picks up settings in x11/gnustep/Makefile.inc.
>

Stuart, thanks for the clue, I put the Makefile.inc in
/usr/ports/mystuff/x11/gnustep/ and then it builds (and runs) no problem.

 From your other email:

 > I haven't used any GNUstep program before - when I run Cynthiune
 > it continually prints out lines like this to the console:
 >
 > 2013-05-10 01:40:18.239 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing
offsets
 > 2013-05-10 01:40:18.239 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing
offsets
 > 2013-05-10 01:40:18.243 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing
offsets
 > 2013-05-10 01:40:18.244 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing
offsets
 > 2013-05-10 01:40:18.244 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing
offsets
 > 2013-05-10 01:40:18.245 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing
offsets
 > 2013-05-10 01:40:18.245 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing
offsets
 >
 > Also, menu windows keep opening and closing at the top left of the
 > screen (and warping the mouse pointer when this happens). I just tried
 > another GNUstep program (LapisPuzzle) and it does the same, perhaps
 > it doesn't like my window manager (cwm).
 >

I am using jwm (Joe's Window Manager) and I don't get these problems
when running Cynthiune from a terminal.

Cheers,
Brett.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: x11/gnustep/cynthiune

Sebastian Reitenbach
In reply to this post by Stuart Henderson-6
Hi,
 
On Friday, May 10, 2013 02:50 CEST, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
 

> On 2013/05/01 09:47, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > $ cat pkg/DESCR                                                                
> > Cynthiune is a versatile music player based on GNUstep, able to play a
> > lot of different audio formats.
> >
> > Two of the supported audio-backends are enabled, sndio and libao.
> > libao backend is there, since gnustep-gui has it as dependency too.
> > Other backends not enabled are esound and alsa, if someone has
> > a need for it, it could be added as subpackage later on.
> >
> > Tested with many different audio formats on all three platforms where
> > GNUstep is enabled.
> >
> > comments or OK to import?
> >
> > cheers,
> > Sebastian
>
>
>
> Is timidity absolutely necessary?  We can't provide packages of it,
> so it's a pain to install Cynthiune with this as a hard RUN_DEPENDS.
> If Cynthiune will run without it, it's probably better to remove
> the RUN_DEPENDS and mention it as an optional dependency in DESCR
> instead.
Timidity is not really necessary, only for Midi files. I changed DESCR into
this:

Cynthiune is a versatile music player based on GNUstep, able to play a
lot of different audio formats.
Install audio/timidity port to allow Cynthiune to play Midi files.

Hope the wording is OK, and the rest of the port too.



>
> I haven't used any GNUstep program before - when I run Cynthiune
> it continually prints out lines like this to the console:
>
> 2013-05-10 01:40:18.239 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets
> 2013-05-10 01:40:18.239 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets
> 2013-05-10 01:40:18.243 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets
> 2013-05-10 01:40:18.244 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets
> 2013-05-10 01:40:18.244 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets
> 2013-05-10 01:40:18.245 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets
> 2013-05-10 01:40:18.245 Cynthiune[27962] styleoffsets ... guessing offsets
>
> Also, menu windows keep opening and closing at the top left of the
> screen (and warping the mouse pointer when this happens). I just tried
> another GNUstep program (LapisPuzzle) and it does the same, perhaps
> it doesn't like my window manager (cwm).
>
 
The recommended window manager from the GNUstep project, and
also which gets installed with the gnustep-desktop meta package, is
WindowMaker. With that one, I don't see those warnings.
 
 
cheers,
Sebastian

cynthiune.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment