[NEW] textproc/py-emoji (updated)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[NEW] textproc/py-emoji (updated)

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
py-emoji is a library to convert emoji shortcodes to the actual emoji
and vice versa. It has been updated since I submitted it, so attached
is the new version. Still works. I've even tested it with my tootstream
port.

OK?

--Kurt

py-emoji.tgz (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEW] textproc/py-emoji (updated)

Paco Esteban
On Fri, 19 Apr 2019, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> py-emoji is a library to convert emoji shortcodes to the actual emoji
> and vice versa. It has been updated since I submitted it, so attached
> is the new version. Still works. I've even tested it with my tootstream
> port.

Hi,

I'm testing your tootstream port (sorry to reply here, I somehow deleted
that thread ...). Works just fine on amd64. I have some weird characters
(which maybe relates to this port), but I guess that's my font and not
the program itself.

I miss a bit more visual separation of toots on the timeline, I may send
a PR for this.

Cheers,

--
Paco Esteban.
https://onna.be/gpgkey.asc
9A6B 6083 AD9E FDC2 0EAF  5CB3 5818 130B 8A6D BC03

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEW] textproc/py-emoji (updated)

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 05:18:26PM +0200, Paco Esteban wrote:

> I'm testing your tootstream port (sorry to reply here, I somehow deleted
> that thread ...). Works just fine on amd64. I have some weird characters
> (which maybe relates to this port), but I guess that's my font and not
> the program itself.

Yeah. One thing I found that the results also varied if I was using
tootstream within tmux.

I should look up the font I found that gave me some emoji.

If anyone has an OpenBSD/xterm friendly font that has lots of emoji,
I'm all ears. I'd update both py-emoji and tootstream to put that
information in a readme.

> I miss a bit more visual separation of toots on the timeline, I may send
> a PR for this.

If you figure out that someone is still actively maintaining it, let me
know. It seems to have stalled a few months ago.

--Kurt

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEW] textproc/py-emoji (updated)

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
In reply to this post by Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 10:03:13PM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> py-emoji is a library to convert emoji shortcodes to the actual emoji
> and vice versa. It has been updated since I submitted it, so attached
> is the new version. Still works. I've even tested it with my tootstream
> port.

Attached is a version of this incorporating feedback from kn@

I've got his OK

OK to import?

--Kurt

py-emoji-2019-04-26.tgz (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [NEW] textproc/py-emoji (updated)

Timothy Brown
In reply to this post by Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 12:22:25PM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
>
> I should look up the font I found that gave me some emoji.
>
> If anyone has an OpenBSD/xterm friendly font that has lots of emoji,
> I'm all ears. I'd update both py-emoji and tootstream to put that
> information in a readme.

I use a patched DejaVu Sans Mono with xterm, it has a fair few icons/emoji
(at least enough for me!).

https://github.com/ryanoasis/nerd-fonts/releases/download/v2.0.0/DejaVuSansMono.zip

Tim