[NEW] sysutils/xbattmon

Klemens Nanni
Hey,

xbattmon is a simple battery monitor for X pretty similiar to
sysutils/xbattbar but actively maintained.

It draws a colorized bar on the edge of your screen, that blinks on
critical battery level.

Upstream ships our strtonum.c for all platforms but I patched it to use
our libc's one.

Feedback? Anyone willing to commit this?

xbattmon.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] sysutils/xbattmon

Matthias Schmidt
Hi Klemens,

* Klemens Nanni wrote:
> Hey,
>
> xbattmon is a simple battery monitor for X pretty similiar to
> sysutils/xbattbar but actively maintained.
>
> It draws a colorized bar on the edge of your screen, that blinks on
> critical battery level.

Now this is what I call a handy tool.  I tested both the tool and the
port on amd64/current and it works fine for me.

Cheers

        Matthias

Re: [NEW] sysutils/xbattmon

Steven Mestdagh-3
Klemens Nanni [2017-11-11, 17:02:53]:

> Hey,
>
> xbattmon is a simple battery monitor for X pretty similiar to
> sysutils/xbattbar but actively maintained.
>
> It draws a colorized bar on the edge of your screen, that blinks on
> critical battery level.
>
> Upstream ships our strtonum.c for all platforms but I patched it to use
> our libc's one.
>
> Feedback? Anyone willing to commit this?
The patch for config.bsd.mk is not needed, you can just use MAKE_FLAGS.
I've adapted this port accordingly, see attached.
Works fine here too.

Anyone else want to ok it?

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 07:06:44PM +0100, Steven Mestdagh wrote:

> Klemens Nanni [2017-11-11, 17:02:53]:
> > Hey,
> >
> > xbattmon is a simple battery monitor for X pretty similiar to
> > sysutils/xbattbar but actively maintained.
> >
> > It draws a colorized bar on the edge of your screen, that blinks on
> > critical battery level.
> >
> > Upstream ships our strtonum.c for all platforms but I patched it to use
> > our libc's one.
> >
> > Feedback? Anyone willing to commit this?
>
> The patch for config.bsd.mk is not needed, you can just use MAKE_FLAGS.
> I've adapted this port accordingly, see attached.
Sure thing, I went for the patch as that's often done across various
x11/*/patches/patch-config_mk as well.

Thanks!

Re: [NEW] sysutils/xbattmon

Anthony J. Bentley-4