NEW: sysutils/py-distro

Stuart Henderson
This is needed for newer certbot (the function it was using before
will be removed in Python 3.8).

---
distro provides information about the OS distribution it runs on, such
as a reliable machine-readable ID, or version information.

It is the recommended replacement for Python's original
platform.linux_distribution function (which will be removed in Python
3.8). It also provides much more functionality which isn't necessarily
Python bound, like a command-line interface.
---

OK to import?

There is a python 2 version in a separate tree upstream, but I don't
propose adding that to ports unless something we want in ports actually
starts depending on it.

Re: NEW: sysutils/py-distro

Stuart Henderson
On 2019/09/11 21:37, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> This is needed for newer certbot (the function it was using before
> will be removed in Python 3.8).
>
> ---
> distro provides information about the OS distribution it runs on, such
> as a reliable machine-readable ID, or version information.
>
> It is the recommended replacement for Python's original
> platform.linux_distribution function (which will be removed in Python
> 3.8). It also provides much more functionality which isn't necessarily
> Python bound, like a command-line interface.
> ---
>
> OK to import?
>
> There is a python 2 version in a separate tree upstream, but I don't
> propose adding that to ports unless something we want in ports actually
> starts depending on it.

Now with attachment.

py-distro.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: sysutils/py-distro

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 09:37:55PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2019/09/11 21:37, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > This is needed for newer certbot (the function it was using before
> > will be removed in Python 3.8).

> > ---
> > distro provides information about the OS distribution it runs on, such
> > as a reliable machine-readable ID, or version information.

> > It is the recommended replacement for Python's original
> > platform.linux_distribution function (which will be removed in Python
> > 3.8). It also provides much more functionality which isn't necessarily
> > Python bound, like a command-line interface.
> > ---

> > OK to import?

> > There is a python 2 version in a separate tree upstream, but I don't
> > propose adding that to ports unless something we want in ports actually
> > starts depending on it.

> Now with attachment.

The tests are in a silly state right now (there are tests for OpenBSD that
don't run because they are locked behind a "skip if ! IS_LINUX"). That is
something I may hash out with upstream though. The port looks good to me.

OK kmos

--Kurt

Re: NEW: sysutils/py-distro

Remi Locherer
On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 09:37:55PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2019/09/11 21:37, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > This is needed for newer certbot (the function it was using before
> > will be removed in Python 3.8).
> >
> > ---
> > distro provides information about the OS distribution it runs on, such
> > as a reliable machine-readable ID, or version information.
> >
> > It is the recommended replacement for Python's original
> > platform.linux_distribution function (which will be removed in Python
> > 3.8). It also provides much more functionality which isn't necessarily
> > Python bound, like a command-line interface.
> > ---
> >
> > OK to import?
> >
> > There is a python 2 version in a separate tree upstream, but I don't
> > propose adding that to ports unless something we want in ports actually
> > starts depending on it.
> >

> Now with attachment.

Looks good to me. OK remi@.

Fun fact: 172 out of 173 tests are skipped.
Reason for most cases: "not IS_LINUX" ;-)