NEW: sysutils/openbsdisks2 - UDisks2 service implementation for OpenBSD

NEW: sysutils/openbsdisks2 - UDisks2 service implementation for OpenBSD

Rafael Sadowski
Hi ports@,

I would like to introduce a small minimalist UDisks2 service
implementation for OpenBSD to you. It is a more or less complete rework
of FreeBSD's (bsdutils/bsdisks).

Basic functions are available. The goal was to be able to list block
devices under applications like KDE dolphin.

Feeback, opinions, tests and OKs are welcome!

Rafael Sadowski

Information for inst:openbsdisks2-0.1b

Comment:
UDisks2 service implementation for OpenBSD

An UDisks2 service implementation for OpenBSD forked from FreeBSD
(bsdutils/bsdisks).

OpenBSDisks2 provides a simple DBus org.freedesktop.UDisks2 service.
It only provides reading information on UDisks2.Drive, UDisks2.Block and
UDisks2.Filesystem.

UDisks2 is an abstraction for enumerating disk and storage devices and
performing operations on them.

Maintainer: Rafael Sadowski <[hidden email]>

WWW: https://github.com/sizeofvoid/openbsdisks2

openbsdisks2-0.1b.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: sysutils/openbsdisks2 - UDisks2 service implementation for OpenBSD

Rafael Sadowski
On Sat Mar 27, 2021 at 09:29:14AM +0100, Rafael Sadowski wrote:

> Hi ports@,
>
> I would like to introduce a small minimalist UDisks2 service
> implementation for OpenBSD to you. It is a more or less complete rework
> of FreeBSD's (bsdutils/bsdisks).
>
> Basic functions are available. The goal was to be able to list block
> devices under applications like KDE dolphin.
>
> Feeback, opinions, tests and OKs are welcome!
>
> Rafael Sadowski
>
> Information for inst:openbsdisks2-0.1b
>
> Comment:
> UDisks2 service implementation for OpenBSD

> An UDisks2 service implementation for OpenBSD forked from FreeBSD
> (bsdutils/bsdisks).
>
> OpenBSDisks2 provides a simple DBus org.freedesktop.UDisks2 service.
> It only provides reading information on UDisks2.Drive, UDisks2.Block and
> UDisks2.Filesystem.
>
> UDisks2 is an abstraction for enumerating disk and storage devices and
> performing operations on them.
>
> Maintainer: Rafael Sadowski <[hidden email]>
>
> WWW: https://github.com/sizeofvoid/openbsdisks2

New version 0.2-beta and new tarball attached.

openbsdisks2-0.2b.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

I would like to see this in 6.9. OK?

On Mon Apr 05, 2021 at 04:22:27PM +0200, Rafael Sadowski wrote:

> On Sun Mar 28, 2021 at 08:58:22PM +0200, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
> > On Sat Mar 27, 2021 at 09:29:14AM +0100, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
> > > Hi ports@,
> > >
> > > I would like to introduce a small minimalist UDisks2 service
> > > implementation for OpenBSD to you. It is a more or less complete rework
> > > of FreeBSD's (bsdutils/bsdisks).
> > >
> > > Basic functions are available. The goal was to be able to list block
> > > devices under applications like KDE dolphin.
> > >
> > > Feeback, opinions, tests and OKs are welcome!
> > >
> > > Rafael Sadowski
> > >
> > > Information for inst:openbsdisks2-0.1b
> > >
> > > Comment:
> > > UDisks2 service implementation for OpenBSD

> > > An UDisks2 service implementation for OpenBSD forked from FreeBSD
> > > (bsdutils/bsdisks).
> > >
> > > OpenBSDisks2 provides a simple DBus org.freedesktop.UDisks2 service.
> > > It only provides reading information on UDisks2.Drive, UDisks2.Block and
> > > UDisks2.Filesystem.
> > >
> > > UDisks2 is an abstraction for enumerating disk and storage devices and
> > > performing operations on them.
> > >
> > > Maintainer: Rafael Sadowski <[hidden email]>
> > >
> > > WWW: https://github.com/sizeofvoid/openbsdisks2
> >

> > New version 0.2-beta and new tarball attached.
>
> I would like to see this in 6.9. OK?

Would someone so kind and could review the port from the port
perspective? I would love to import that. (post-lock)