NEW: sysutils/mangl

Brian Callahan-5
Hi ports --

Attached is a new port, sysutils/mangl. Mangl is a graphical manual page
viewer using mandoc.

---
pkg/DESCR:
Mangl is a graphical man page viewer based on the mandoc library.
It uses OpenGL to display man pages with clickable hyperlinks and smooth
scrolling.

Features:
* Searching of man pages
* Hyperlinks to other man pages
* Search within a man page
* Browsing history
* Colored text
* Truetype support
* Draggable scrollbar
* Keyboard and mouse interaction
---

Works well on amd64. I cherrypicked a subsequent commit so this would
build with base-gcc. I have to imagine it will just work everywhere.

OK?

~Brian

mangl.tgz (3K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: sysutils/mangl

Christian Weisgerber
Brian Callahan:

> Attached is a new port, sysutils/mangl. Mangl is a graphical manual page
> viewer using mandoc.

That's better than xman!

> It uses OpenGL to display man pages with clickable hyperlinks and smooth
> scrolling.

Bug: If you start it with the name of a page on the command line,
e.g. "mangl ls", there are no hyperlinks.

> Works well on amd64. I cherrypicked a subsequent commit so this would
> build with base-gcc. I have to imagine it will just work everywhere.

I wanted to try it on arm64, but ran into the generic problem that
GL doesn't work over SSH forwarding.

> OK?

ok

Re: NEW: sysutils/mangl

Brian Callahan-5

On 2019-12-21 6:48 AM, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> Brian Callahan:
>
>> Attached is a new port, sysutils/mangl. Mangl is a graphical manual page
>> viewer using mandoc.
> That's better than xman!
>
>> It uses OpenGL to display man pages with clickable hyperlinks and smooth
>> scrolling.
> Bug: If you start it with the name of a page on the command line,
> e.g. "mangl ls", there are no hyperlinks.

Thanks; will track down/report upstream.

~Brian