[NEW] sysutils/UEFITool

Klemens Nanni
Hey ports@,

https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool is very useful when it comes to
analysing firmware images and often used in to extract certain regions
required to build coreboot images.

pkg/DESCR (from the homepage):

UEFITool is a cross-platform open source application written in C++/Qt,
that parses UEFI-compatible firmware image into a tree structure,
verifies image's integrity and provides a GUI to manipulate image's
elements.  Project development started in the middle of 2013 because of
the lack of cross-platform open source utilities for tinkering with UEFI
images.

Upstream uses A44 as tagname so I stripped the A in PKGNAME.

Only UEFITool is the only one of three projects listed in
MODQMAKE_PROJECTS. The other ones aren't required and also fail to build
due to missing includes (didn't spend much time trying to fix it).

Runs fine on my X230. Feedback? Anyone willing to commit?

uefitool.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] sysutils/UEFITool 0.22.1

Klemens Nanni
On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:27:40PM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:

> https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool is very useful when it comes to
> analysing firmware images and often used in to extract certain regions
> required to build coreboot images.
>
> pkg/DESCR (from the homepage):
>
> UEFITool is a cross-platform open source application written in C++/Qt,
> that parses UEFI-compatible firmware image into a tree structure,
> verifies image's integrity and provides a GUI to manipulate image's
> elements.  Project development started in the middle of 2013 because of
> the lack of cross-platform open source utilities for tinkering with UEFI
> images.
>
> Upstream uses A44 as tagname so I stripped the A in PKGNAME.
Now as stable release actually without the alpha prefix.

> Only UEFITool is the only one of three projects listed in
> MODQMAKE_PROJECTS. The other ones aren't required and also fail to build
> due to missing includes (didn't spend much time trying to fix it).
MODQMAKE_PROJECTS defaults to . anyway so just leave it, this builds
UEFITool only.

> Runs fine on my X230. Feedback? Anyone willing to commit?
Continues to work for me on amd64, I can extract and reflash images
successfully.

I will also be responsible for this port as maintainer.

Any reviewers or takers even?

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 12:31:05AM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:27:40PM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> > https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool is very useful when it comes to
> > analysing firmware images and often used in to extract certain regions
> > required to build coreboot images.
> >
> > pkg/DESCR (from the homepage):
> >
> > UEFITool is a cross-platform open source application written in C++/Qt,
> > that parses UEFI-compatible firmware image into a tree structure,
> > verifies image's integrity and provides a GUI to manipulate image's
> > elements.  Project development started in the middle of 2013 because of
> > the lack of cross-platform open source utilities for tinkering with UEFI
> > images.
> >
> > Upstream uses A44 as tagname so I stripped the A in PKGNAME.
> Now as stable release actually without the alpha prefix.
>
> > Only UEFITool is the only one of three projects listed in
> > MODQMAKE_PROJECTS. The other ones aren't required and also fail to build
> > due to missing includes (didn't spend much time trying to fix it).
> MODQMAKE_PROJECTS defaults to . anyway so just leave it, this builds
> UEFITool only.
>
> > Runs fine on my X230. Feedback? Anyone willing to commit?
> Continues to work for me on amd64, I can extract and reflash images
> successfully.
>
> I will also be responsible for this port as maintainer.
>
> Any reviewers or takers even?
Ping. Did anyone look at this so far?

Re: [NEW] sysutils/UEFITool 0.22.3

Klemens Nanni-2
On Wed, Jan 03, 2018 at 11:36:12PM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 12:31:05AM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:27:40PM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> > > https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool is very useful when it comes to
> > > analysing firmware images and often used in to extract certain regions
> > > required to build coreboot images.
> > >
> > > pkg/DESCR (from the homepage):
> > >
> > > UEFITool is a cross-platform open source application written in C++/Qt,
> > > that parses UEFI-compatible firmware image into a tree structure,
> > > verifies image's integrity and provides a GUI to manipulate image's
> > > elements.  Project development started in the middle of 2013 because of
> > > the lack of cross-platform open source utilities for tinkering with UEFI
> > > images.
> > >
> > > Upstream uses A44 as tagname so I stripped the A in PKGNAME.
> > Now as stable release actually without the alpha prefix.
> >
> > > Only UEFITool is the only one of three projects listed in
> > > MODQMAKE_PROJECTS. The other ones aren't required and also fail to build
> > > due to missing includes (didn't spend much time trying to fix it).
> > MODQMAKE_PROJECTS defaults to . anyway so just leave it, this builds
> > UEFITool only.
> >
> > > Runs fine on my X230. Feedback? Anyone willing to commit?
> > Continues to work for me on amd64, I can extract and reflash images
> > successfully.
> >
> > I will also be responsible for this port as maintainer.
> >
> > Any reviewers or takers even?
> Ping. Did anyone look at this so far?
Bumping to the latest bugfix release with all-lower
PKGPATH=sysutils/uefitool this time as done for other ports with capital
letters in names.

OK to import?

uefitool.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] sysutils/UEFITool 0.22.3

Stuart Henderson
On 2018/02/18 04:01, Klemens Nanni wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 03, 2018 at 11:36:12PM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:

> > > Now as stable release actually without the alpha prefix.

> > > MODQMAKE_PROJECTS defaults to . anyway so just leave it, this builds
> > > UEFITool only.

> > > Continues to work for me on amd64, I can extract and reflash images
> > > successfully.
> > >
> > > I will also be responsible for this port as maintainer.
> > >
> > > Any reviewers or takers even?
> > Ping. Did anyone look at this so far?
> Bumping to the latest bugfix release with all-lower
> PKGPATH=sysutils/uefitool this time as done for other ports with capital
> letters in names.
>
> OK to import?

Not really a fan of using ${WRKBUILD}/${GH_PROJECT} in do-install,
it's not a value that is going to change from release to release
so no advantage to doing it that way, just using ${WRKBUILD}/UEFITool
would make it more easily readable.