[NEW] security/olm 3.0.0

Brad DeMorrow-3
An implementation of the Double Ratchet cryptographic ratchet described
by https://whispersystems.org/docs/specifications/doubleratchet/, written
in C and C++11 and exposed as a C API.

Homepage:
https://git.matrix.org/git/olm

Intent:
This library is needed for Matrix clients that wish to support the
end-to-end encryption feature offered by the platform.

Question:
There are Python{2,3} bindings that can be built from here.  Am I
correct in assuming that these should be a completely separate port?

This is my first attempt at any port, so please advise if you can.

Thank you all for your time.

Brad DeMorrow

olm-3.0.0.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] security/olm 3.0.0

Brad DeMorrow-3
* Brad DeMorrow <[hidden email]> [2019-03-28 10:48:59 -0500]:

> An implementation of the Double Ratchet cryptographic ratchet described
> by https://whispersystems.org/docs/specifications/doubleratchet/, written
> in C and C++11 and exposed as a C API.
>
> Homepage:
> https://git.matrix.org/git/olm
>
> Intent:
> This library is needed for Matrix clients that wish to support the
> end-to-end encryption feature offered by the platform.
>
> Question:
> There are Python{2,3} bindings that can be built from here.  Am I
> correct in assuming that these should be a completely separate port?
>
> This is my first attempt at any port, so please advise if you can.
>
> Thank you all for your time.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Brad DeMorrow

Just following up on this as I haven't received any replies.  Am I just
submitting this too close to a freeze for 6.5, perhaps?

Brad DeMorrow

Re: [NEW] security/olm 3.0.0

Stuart Henderson
On 2019/04/02 09:56, Brad DeMorrow wrote:

> * Brad DeMorrow <[hidden email]> [2019-03-28 10:48:59 -0500]:

> > An implementation of the Double Ratchet cryptographic ratchet described
> > by https://whispersystems.org/docs/specifications/doubleratchet/, written
> > in C and C++11 and exposed as a C API.
> >
> > Homepage:
> > https://git.matrix.org/git/olm
> >
> > Intent:
> > This library is needed for Matrix clients that wish to support the
> > end-to-end encryption feature offered by the platform.
> >
> > Question:
> > There are Python{2,3} bindings that can be built from here.  Am I
> > correct in assuming that these should be a completely separate port?
> >
> > This is my first attempt at any port, so please advise if you can.
> >
> > Thank you all for your time.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Brad DeMorrow
>
> Just following up on this as I haven't received any replies.  Am I just
> submitting this too close to a freeze for 6.5, perhaps?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Brad DeMorrow

I think it should wait until after we're done with release, but here's
a tidied up Makefile.

Not sure about the py2/py3 bindings yet. Do you have plans to use either
or both of them (and if so, which?)

Makefile (506 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] security/olm 3.0.0

Brad DeMorrow-3
* Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> [2019-04-02 16:57:21 +0100]:

> On 2019/04/02 09:56, Brad DeMorrow wrote:
> > * Brad DeMorrow <[hidden email]> [2019-03-28 10:48:59 -0500]:

> > > An implementation of the Double Ratchet cryptographic ratchet described
> > > by https://whispersystems.org/docs/specifications/doubleratchet/, written
> > > in C and C++11 and exposed as a C API.
> > >
> > > Homepage:
> > > https://git.matrix.org/git/olm
> > >
> > > Intent:
> > > This library is needed for Matrix clients that wish to support the
> > > end-to-end encryption feature offered by the platform.
> > >
> > > Question:
> > > There are Python{2,3} bindings that can be built from here.  Am I
> > > correct in assuming that these should be a completely separate port?
> > >
> > > This is my first attempt at any port, so please advise if you can.
> > >
> > > Thank you all for your time.
> >
> > Just following up on this as I haven't received any replies.  Am I just
> > submitting this too close to a freeze for 6.5, perhaps?
> >

> I think it should wait until after we're done with release, but here's
> a tidied up Makefile.
>
> Not sure about the py2/py3 bindings yet. Do you have plans to use either
> or both of them (and if so, which?)
>

> # $OpenBSD$
>
> COMMENT= implementation of the Double Ratchet cryptographic ratchet
>
> DISTNAME= olm-3.0.0
> EXTRACT_SUFX= .tar.bz2
>
> SHARED_LIBS= olm 0.0
>
> CATEGORIES= security
>
> HOMEPAGE= https://git.matrix.org/git/olm
>
> # Apache v2
> PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM= Yes
>
> WANTLIB += ${COMPILER_LIBCXX} m
>
> MASTER_SITES= https://git.matrix.org/git/olm/snapshot/
>
> # C++ parts may be removed in future, see readme
> COMPILER= base-clang ports-gcc
>
> MODULES= devel/cmake
> NO_TEST= Yes
>
> .include <bsd.port.mk>

Understood, OK.
I would personally probably try to use the py2 bindings first for
weechat-matrix, but I'm not opposed to providing both options if it's
not a big deal to do.

Thank you for taking the time to look over it.